Another Science Question

Yes, except the 4 readings would be surface, flying at kerbin (which i think is anything under 10km), high atmosphere(atmosphere above 10km), and in space near kerbin(not sure how high this is, assuming under 200km. Temperature scans don't work from space high above though.....

Well, the Mun has no atmosphere so you can't get atmosphere readings there. You only need 2. One for space near Mun and one for surface. Though the Mun has biomes, not sure if the temperature scan is different for each biome you're flying over. Another thing you can do is send your Kerbal on EVA, get near the thermometer, right click it and select "take data". Thermometers are reusable unlike Goos and Science Jr's so you can take multiple measurements with only one.

...not sure if the temperature scan is different for each biome you're flying over.

While they may not get different readings, you still collect more science for logging the temperature in different biomes, I can say for sure as I've been Sciencing a lot on Minmus with similar results. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.