Hercules, Titan and Hypatos PlanetFactory:CE Systems(With Rings!)

Yaeah

How exactly did you get an atmosphere to work on a template planet that doesn't normally have an atmosphere?

In much the same way you made a planet with a template off Minmus that has an atmosphere, I'm trying to give a planet with a template off Pol an atmosphere and it's not working.

Are there any secrets I should know?

Thanks.

atmospheres are very finicky. I learned by copying the atmosphere from skelton and editing it to fit Lynx. try this code below celestial body

CelestialBody
{
bodyDescription=
Radius=
GeeASL=
rotates=
rotationPeriod=
initialRotation=
tidallyLocked=False
atmosphere=True
staticPressureASL=0.6
atmosphereScaleHeight=1
atmosphereContainsOxygen=True
maxAtmosphereAltitude=30000
atmosphereMultiplier=1
atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier=0.2
}

Herp :3 don't mind my obliviousness. And I feel like I should REALLY stop spamming your forum page, but I have one final request (although I could probably add this myself) EL/Kethane maps specific to each planet? Or frequencies rather, but still. KSPI resources? Or does that come with the templates, stealing the resources from its base? And thanks for all the help and making this great-looking planet pack.

My pleasure :D

yeah, Interstellar combined with my PF pack might not work well in terms of ram, I have no experience with either Kethane or interstellar:P

I would guess your template theory is correct

So, yeah, having issues with the whole Lynx under-cloud...I have a temporary fix, it doesn't work on immediate play through, but if you are in game, press alt-n, advanced settings, and revert to save.

The under cloud will be there for the rest of the game.

2cV86gk.png

This is how the game looked when I finally got it to load without crashing, as you can see there are no rings around Hercules and the lighting is wrong

iTGk6w6.png

Edit: I just did a flyby of Lynx at 10km and the game acted as if there was no atmosphere at all even though it is visible in game

Edited by ddavis425

atmospheres are very finicky. I learned by copying the atmosphere from skelton and editing it to fit Lynx. try this code below celestial body

CelestialBody
{
bodyDescription=
Radius=
GeeASL=
rotates=
rotationPeriod=
initialRotation=
tidallyLocked=False
atmosphere=True
staticPressureASL=0.6
atmosphereScaleHeight=1
atmosphereContainsOxygen=True
maxAtmosphereAltitude=30000
atmosphereMultiplier=1
atmoshpereTemperatureMultiplier=0.2
}

I have the exact same lines of code but the atmosphere still doesn't appear. The planet's info panel says it has an atmosphere, but its clearly not there.

A side note: Your planet pack has the same problem mine does. Some planets disappear when viewed at certain angles. It happens when a planet's template is smaller than what the new planet has been scaled to, for example your planet Lynx has this issue since its based on Minmus as a template which is mush smaller than Lynx. See the post on the top of this page for pictures of what I mean: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65401-WIP-PlanetFactory-CE/page35?highlight=planet+factory

Also, I noticed that many planets/moons based on small templates have a reduced render distance. They suddenly pop into view when you enter a certain range. Any way to fix this?

This is how the game looked when I finally got it to load without crashing, as you can see there are no rings around Hercules and the lighting is wrong

http://i.imgur.com/iTGk6w6.png

Edit: I just did a flyby of Lynx at 10km and the game acted as if there was no atmosphere at all even though it is visible in game

You have an older version, looks like pre v 1.7.9, We're in 1.8.4 :)

Do you have clouds and cities mod? and I would also recommend the texture compressor mod.

Edited by Yaeah

I have the exact same lines of code but the atmosphere still doesn't appear. The planet's info panel says it has an atmosphere, but its clearly not there.

A side note: Your planet pack has the same problem mine does. Some planets disappear when viewed at certain angles. It happens when a planet's template is smaller than what the new planet has been scaled to, for example your planet Lynx has this issue since its based on Minmus as a template which is mush smaller than Lynx. See the post on the top of this page for pictures of what I mean: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65401-WIP-PlanetFactory-CE/page35?highlight=planet+factory

Also, I noticed that many planets/moons based on small templates have a reduced render distance. They suddenly pop into view when you enter a certain range. Any way to fix this?

These are issues that are apparent with Planet factory: creator's edition that I cannot fix nor would I have any clue on how to "acclimate" to this sort of issue:P

You have an older version, looks like pre v 1.7.9, We're in 1.8.4 :)

Do you have clouds and cities mod? and I would also recommend the texture compressor mod.

I just downloaded the mod last night with the links on the OP. I do have both the clouds and cities mod and the texture compressor mod, those and planet factory are the only mods installed.

I just downloaded the mod last night with the links on the OP. I do have both the clouds and cities mod and the texture compressor mod, those and planet factory are the only mods installed.

Interesting, just to make sure, I've re-uploaded the files. Does your game crash often?

and in response to your previous post, the atmosphere issue I have yet to fix when the sky gets dark as you fly under it, but there is a quick fix. See the past like, 10 posts discussing this.

Edited by Yaeah

I just reinstalled each pack and now Hercules has rings and clouds, but the lighting is still mess up.

LKwWATf.png

Does your game crash often?

Before I installed the memory reduction mod I couldn't get the game to load without crashing while Planetfactory was installed.

Also, i wonder if anyone noticed that Hercules' and Titan's atmospheres are green like Jool's? Yaeah, I was wondering if you could fix this but if you arn't able to then that's still fine with me:)

I don't think you can, Jool is too heavily woven in as a template and the options to change the ambient color(atmospheric glow) aren't available yet.

Sorry I've been inactive for a while here, I've been working with Porry on our Sol Project.

So here's an update, I've once and hopefully for all fixed Indus's atmosphere:)

Oh and clouds not appearing on Titan, that's fixed

Edited by Yaeah

Ok I was just wondering because Sentar had its own atmosphere (or did it borrow Eve's...)

Well, I can sort of fix this...I could use Minmus or Gilly as a template and create a gas giant by super-sizing the planet to say, 5,000-6,000km radius range(or anything else I want) and use the Clouds mod to hide the surface, but give it the Gas Giant feel, It would look like any other Gas Giant, but I can change everything, including atmosphere.(I've had to do this with Neptune and Uranus in the Sol Project). This would take away the green shimmer from the Jool template.

I suggest that you add a tiny gas moon orbiting around Hercules that has a template of Minmus, but with an atmosphere just larger than Eve's, and with a ridiculous amount of cloud layers, you can make it seem like a tiny gas giant that's extremely hard to navigate through..

Also Yaeh, when I download the Hercules, Titan, and Hypathos expansions, FAR doesn't load up nor does the Visual clouds. How to solve this problem?

Edited by Sax Man Aeronautics

• 3 weeks later...

Im getting a crash when trying to run it with Krags Planet Factory:

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.3.3f1_c8ca9b6b9936]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module mono.dll at 0023:10106c9b.

Error occurred at 2014-04-11_201156.

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by Heavyduty.

59% memory in use.

0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].

0 MB paging file [0 MB free].

0 MB user address space [107 MB free].

Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Context:

EDI: 0x19ff4dd0 ESI: 0xde212b78 EAX: 0x00000000

EBX: 0x00000001 ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x0ffd4c78

EIP: 0x10106c9b EBP: 0x003ff63c SegCs: 0x00000023

EFlags: 0x00010246 ESP: 0x003ff638 SegSs: 0x0000002b

Bytes at CS:EIP:

89 14 81 ff 46 04 5e 5d c3 85 f6 74 73 8b 06 a8

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.