Lost Research in Career Mode

I spend 3 hours playing just to lose my research from minmus.

Created my first separate command module and lander rocket for my second landing on minmus.

Went to the moon and landed. Took a surface sample. Made an EVA and Crew report while on the moon. Went back to the orbiting command module (found out that 2 rcs modules leaves the 3rd axis not covered). Transferred Jeb to the command module. Did a crew report from orbit. Then ditched the lander and went back to Kerbin.

When all said and done. Got 25 points of research from the Crew report from orbit and no points from successfully retrieving the command module, but no mention of the reports from the moon.

What did I do wrong or is this a bug in the game?

Edited by PGHampton

Did you transfer all the science from the lander and experiments that you took down with you? If you didn't all you are going to get is science for the trip to minmus, and any science you did on the way there (With the crew pod)

You need to move the science from the lander to the command pod. Once you are on EVA but still near the lander right click on it to open a menu and take the data. Then go over and board the command pod and you'll see a list of messages on the side showing all the experiments that have been loaded into the command pod.

You can also do this with experiments - instead of returning something like a goo container for the science, you can go on EVA (after you do the goo experiment) and use your kerbal to take the data out of the goo container and bring it back to your pod.

For example here in one of my kerbals collecting data from my equipment on Duna. After I take off I'll jettison the experiment modules to lighten the load, keeping the results in my pod.

zSef97Q.png

w4DKmym.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.