The Fan Works Challenge: Australia

Rowsdower

Hey, everyone!

Another week rolls on and the challenges continue. While I didn't see too many challenge entries for the last one, the ones that were submitted were high quality. Thank you for them. We're going to to way better this week, though. Paraphrasing Crocodile Dundee, that wasn't a theme, this is a theme...

Australia

Incorporate the theme into a KSP-inspired fan work of your choosing and post it here in this thread. It could be a poem, a screenshot, a drawing, a song - anything you'd like that matches the theme and overall spirit of the challenge.

Our favorite fan works will be recognized through KSP's official social media channels.

Edited by Rowsdower
Challenge Updated

I was going to post a poem here involving love and planets and solid rocket boosters but I decided not to as people will probably want it removed from the face of the internet. Not because it was going to be a bad poem. Oh no.

Well. 14 Flags mission for today is a Munar flyby, and try as I might, I don't think I can make a free return trajectory look like a heart. Guess I'll have to get interesting with that Duna base I'm about to launch.

You might be able to set it up with maneuver node projected lines, like have a straightish shot to an outside Mun intercept, Node to bend it in, small orbit, node to bend back out on opposing side, then one last node to make a straighter shot back to Kerbin.

Lemme tinker with this and I'll PM ya a pic if I got it right.

Edited by Xacktar

I am too busy to partake in this for real this week, but I will submit my idea for someone else to potentially realize.

Launch two rockets with satelites shaped like kerbals. For lack of a proper idea of what a female kerbal looks like, just make the female one have long "hair" or something. Put a docking port on each one, on their hand (have each one with a hand outstretched). Once they are both in similar orbits, have them reach each other and dock hands. Turn SAS off and have the paired craft rotate slowly as they dance upon an imaginary dance floor set against the Kerbin and stars.

Since these are, of course, kerbals, each of the two should have a solid rocket booster strapped on their back, which they can then ignite simultaneously while they dance (if they dock using the same hand, the two boosters will even be symmetrical thrust-wise!).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.