cool infographic: everything between Planck length and the Observable universe

1of6Billion

Strange lack of enthousiasm is strange....

I think most people that are interested enough in science and space to peak into this forum section has already seen that thing, or other illustrations like it.

It's pretty cool, however once the scale factor grows beyond 1 000 000 I can't visualize the difference in scale anymore of anything above or below that.

I can sort imagine a millimeter over a km, but not a millimeter over 100 km. You can show me as many transitions as you like but I still can't visualize the difference in my head.

Edited by maccollo

I think most people that are interested enough in science and space to peak into this forum section has already seen that thing, or other illustrations like it.

It's pretty cool, however once the scale factor grows beyond 1 000 000 I can't visualize the difference in scale anymore of anything above or below that.

I can sort imagine a millimeter over a km, but not a millimeter over 100 km. You can show me as many transitions as you like but I still can't visualize the difference in my head.

Well eventually when it all comes down to it, everything beyond things we can see with our own eyes eventually has to be simply grasped in terms of numbers rather than apprehended visuality.

Perhaps its because this flash is circulating in the internet for years and most people here has seen it.

True. I've certainly seen it before. I've also seen the first one (as you could guess by the name, this is a sequel)

Hold on, I recognise that music... Last time I heard that, I accidently jettisoned the science stage from my Minmus lander whilst returning it to Kerbin.

Anyway, the creator has gotten his quarks mixed up. The Up quark I the smallest, followed by the Down quark. The Bottom quark is by far the largest, followed by the Top quark.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.