Kerbal Construction Time/StageRecovery Dev Thread

magico13

13 minutes ago, beelzerob said:

Is there any way that the KCT window can always be open in the space center screen?  Every time I exit the VAB, I have to click the icon to bring it up again.

The latest dev build should already be doing that (*_3.dll I believe). If you exit the KSC scene with it open, it should still be open when you come back. It won't have a tab selected though. Adding that wouldn't probably be all that hard to do.

5 minutes ago, magico13 said:

The latest dev build should already be doing that (*_3.dll I believe). If you exit the KSC scene with it open, it should still be open when you come back. It won't have a tab selected though. Adding that wouldn't probably be all that hard to do.

Hmm...I thought I was on the latest dev DLL.  I'll check again tonight.  It definitely doesn't stay open, I always have to click the clock icon to open it.  Thanks!  The last selected tab staying open would be helpful, too!

6 hours ago, JeffreyCor said:

Checked and it does start open when returning to KSC screen in the current version :)

I tried it too, and when I first got to the space center screen, then yes, it would work.  I popped open the KCT screen, went into VAB, came back out and it was still up.  I was a bit puzzled by this and almost posted an apology.

Then I went and flew a simple quick mission, and upon returning to the space center screen (after recovering vessel), the KCT screen was not up.

I then opened the KCT screen, went into the VAB and came directly back out.  Again, the KCT screen was no longer open.

So, somehow flying a mission undid that feature.  Ha, I WASN'T insane after all!

1 hour ago, beelzerob said:

I tried it too, and when I first got to the space center screen, then yes, it would work.  I popped open the KCT screen, went into VAB, came back out and it was still up.  I was a bit puzzled by this and almost posted an apology.

Then I went and flew a simple quick mission, and upon returning to the space center screen (after recovering vessel), the KCT screen was not up.

I then opened the KCT screen, went into the VAB and came directly back out.  Again, the KCT screen was no longer open.

So, somehow flying a mission undid that feature.  Ha, I WASN'T insane after all!

Hmm, I'll look into it. I think that visibility logic is tied to the window, not the scene. It's the same window in the Space Center, Tracking Station, and Flight so if you close it in flight then it will save the closed state. I should be able to make it per-scene, but it'll require a bit of reworking how it's set up.

12 minutes ago, magico13 said:

Hmm, I'll look into it. I think that visibility logic is tied to the window, not the scene. It's the same window in the Space Center, Tracking Station, and Flight so if you close it in flight then it will save the closed state. I should be able to make it per-scene, but it'll require a bit of reworking how it's set up.

Hmmm...I don't remember ever having to close it in the flight screen...seems like it was never still open if I went to flight directly from the Space Center via the KCT Launch button.

That would otherwise make sense if closing it during flight bled over to space center screen, though I'd still prefer to ALWAYS have the KCT screen be visible there.

Either way, upon returning from a flight, the KCT screen wasn't staying open when going into and out of buildings like it had been at first, so I'm thinking that's an actual bug.

I also have found the KCT window to be closed in flight when it loads. I will check today specifically if I can reproduce the open in KSC at first then closed after a flight situation. It's starting to sound like the close in flight is being carried over back to KSC screen after flight.

EDIT: Tried it out and didn't have a problem. KCT window open when launching a flight, performed flight, returned so KSC screen and KCT window was open

Edited by JeffreyCor

@magico13 I'm having an issue with stage recovery when I'm recovering crew. When a vessel is recovered by Stage Recovery, the tab for crew says they're recovered, but when I go back to the space center and open the astronaut complex, they're listed as KIA.  

Here are some screenshots showing what I'm seeing. SR screen showing crew recovered. Astronaut complex showing crew KIA.

Here is my log file from testing on a clean 1.2.1 install with only SR, Mechjeb, MM, and Hyperedit installed.

If it doesn't work for you, try again after using the note entry option in the debug window to mark where you begin the process and when you return to the space center screen. This could help narrow down anything in the log which might relate to what could be going on.

I think i found an incompatibility with the research bodies mod: research bodies now adds a observatory building to the space center, when i upgrade this observatory the upgrade is added to the building list, just as expected, once the upgrade is finished, i got "trapped" in some sort of neverending  loop, where the message poped up that stated that an upgrade of this building is already ordered, and i got the cost for the upgrade refunded, over and over again, leading not only to a message spam but also to tons of Money, i had to edit my savegame to get rid of the problem.

If needed i will try to reproduce this bug and provide the log file tomorow.

I'm not seeing this problem. In fact I'm not seeing an upgrade option on the observatory, it starts from the beginning saying Level 2 Fully Upgraded, though this could be tied to the current upgrade level of the tracking station. Are you using the 1.9.0 development build for 1.2 when seeing this?

Edited by JeffreyCor

So, I know the primary push is to get this squared away for1.2 ... one thing that occurred to me as I was playing KSP to decompress from a Diff-EQ exam:  would it be possible to have a Fill option that fills with just tourists?

Edited by storm6436

On 12.11.2016 at 0:10 AM, JeffreyCor said:

I'm not seeing this problem. In fact I'm not seeing an upgrade option on the observatory, it starts from the beginning saying Level 2 Fully Upgraded, though this could be tied to the current upgrade level of the tracking station. Are you using the 1.9.0 development build for 1.2 when seeing this?

I just started a fresh game and now i see the same behavior you describe. i have no idea what happened before.

Sorry if I missed this, but didn't see it on github. Might be just me (I have a lot of mods installed), but when I'm in the VAB and have finished constructing my masterpiece, the only option I have is to launch (i.e. no 'build'). When I click on launch, it does submit the ship to the build queue (with appropriate time to construct shown and so on) and deduct the relevant funds etc, however it also jumps me straight to the launch pad with said masterpiece there waiting to take off immediately. It's not a big deal in terms of the mod gameplay (other than immersion wise), as I can just revert to VAB and the craft on the launchpad is then gone but still remains in the build queue. Anyone else seen the same, or is it just me?

5 hours ago, Benno said:

Sorry if I missed this, but didn't see it on github. Might be just me (I have a lot of mods installed), but when I'm in the VAB and have finished constructing my masterpiece, the only option I have is to launch (i.e. no 'build'). When I click on launch, it does submit the ship to the build queue (with appropriate time to construct shown and so on) and deduct the relevant funds etc, however it also jumps me straight to the launch pad with said masterpiece there waiting to take off immediately. It's not a big deal in terms of the mod gameplay (other than immersion wise), as I can just revert to VAB and the craft on the launchpad is then gone but still remains in the build queue. Anyone else seen the same, or is it just me?

Both :P You are using the stock launch button. This will cause sadness. The override stock launch button does not work at this time. Default from installing disables the stock launch button to prevent this, so go back into settings and reset that. The build button in on the KCT window in the VAB and SPH, not the top buttons.

4 hours ago, nanomage said:

Hi all, I'm probably missing something obvious here, but in the latest dev version, when the stock launch button is disabled (not overridden), how do I launch a simulation  flight?

My understanding is that sim functionality is no longer a part of this mod.  Find another sim mod for that.  I forget which one I use but it works great.

Edit: garwel reminded me....K.R.A.S.H..  

Edited by beelzerob

On 11/12/2016 at 11:47 PM, storm6436 said:

So, I know the primary push is to get this squared away for1.2 ... one thing that occurred to me as I was playing KSP to decompress from a Diff-EQ exam:  would it be possible to have a Fill option that fills with just tourists?

Heh, since starting this new career game in 1.2 I've flown so many tourist flights....Like every 10 days.  I can't even remember how I ever made money before.

2 hours ago, nanomage said:

Hi all, I'm probably missing something obvious here, but in the latest dev version, when the stock launch button is disabled (not overridden), how do I launch a simulation flight?

You should use KRASH for simulation. It gives you a separate app launcher button.

I played around with the “Override Launch Button” feature. Right now it is completely broken. This is what I found:

• After turning on the feature, the “Build” option from the KCT window in the editor got removed, but the lauch button was still disabled.

• After exiting to the main menu and reloading the game, the launch button got enabled. When I clicked on it, the craft got added to the build list, but it also got launched right away.

• Disabling the feature works as expected.

Edit: I am using KSP 1.2.1 and the latest commit from development branch of KCT.

Edited by petersohn

Hi @magico13 - the latest build is working great, looking forward to the official release!  I also use Kerbal Konstructs / KerbinSide, and I was wondering if you'd consider making the launchpad list scrollable.  KS adds so many sites that the list extends past both ends of the screen, but I'm not able to scroll the list up or down, so I'm only able to select from a subset.  Would it be possible to make that scrollable?  

Also, glad to have StageRecovery back in 1.2.1 - these mods really change the game and make it a lot more fun. Thanks for all the work you've put into SR and KCT!

I have actually found a problem with the select launchpad option on a built craft using the game to break on loading the flight screen when selected that way instead of going into ship edit and selecting the launch site though the KK option. If this can't be fixed I'd recommend the select launch site option from the vessel list be removed.

Test of the problem can be performed as follows:
Start KSP
Build a ship with the default launch site selected
Exit VAB/SPH
Open the vessel options menu and change the launchsite to any other location
Launch the vessel.

This should usually result in a game breaking problem requiring a forced crash of KSP.

Way that always seems to work:
first 3 steps as above
Open the vessel options menu and select Edit
Change the launch site via the KK launch site menu in the VAB/SPH
Click Save Edit
Launch vessel.

Everything should load up as expected without a problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.