Kerbal Construction Time/StageRecovery Dev Thread

magico13

I think some more information on what you were doing when you had the problem will be needed.

From looking at your log it looks like it could be a conflict as you're also having a ton of errors with Kopernicus and kOS. Have you tried without one or both of those to see if the error reoccurs?

if it will happen agean ill try to nerow the suspects, but so far its a one time event.

KOS is still in beta so its not a surprise.

as for wat i was doing

i exit the plain hanger and got that message instead of the KSC.
in the hanger i was running KCT sim`s for a plain.

i know its buggy, but do to my resent move from 1.1.3 to 1.2.1 i have som discrepancy's (parts i had in 1.1.3 but don't have in 1.2.1) and KRASE don't like that

p.s.
the first time i run the KCT sim in 1.2.1 i got a strong sea sic (in the sim i cant rotate or zoom in/out) so strong i culdent walk to bead and needed help.
i know it was this that did it because the next day i was fine until i run another sim and got sea sic agen.
as long as i dont try to rotate im fine :)

That would be a very good trick, since KCT does not have a sim in 1.2.x compatible versions. If you're having problems when doing simulations it sounds like something you have isn't playing well with KRASH (the mod recommended for doing simulations), if that is the one you are using. :)

im pressing the sim button in the KCT panel and im getting the sim panel for the time i want and it sows me the price and then i start the sim and it runs close to the sim in 1.1.3 (cant change point of view)

i have been running KCT sim`s for a number of days now, to correct my urlom ship that i planed in 1.1.3

as i wrote, KRASH just tell me i cant run the sim do to missing parts

i did use KRASH to test a new ship i made, and it has a different look during the sim (the price at the top left and a flashing "sim mode" in the center)

and to end the sim KCT sim and KRASH  has a different panel
pressing ESC gives different panels for KCT sim(normal game panel) and KRASH (only 3 options, restart sim, continue and revert to VAB)

i have no dowt i have a limping KCT sim in my game

Edited by danielboro

its the 1.2.1 build from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0r5r56fhkeptbh0/AACqwRMt8-nr5gnVXt-BhWzka?dl=0

the 1.2_3.dll and KCT_base.zip

im running KSP 1.2.1

i open a new sandbox game and it didnt have the simulate button (im not expecting support i put the log in case you think thers something it it that can help you)

hirs a screenshot of my VAB , it mast be an artifact of copying my save dir from 1.1.3 to 1.2.1. if you insist i can post a screenshot of the open page whit the 1.2.1 displayed :)
i was surprised to find the button as it was stated there will be no sim in the new version.
the code is still there aperantly

fHw73eE.jpg

You have it installed incorrectly with an old DLL still in there someplace. Have just tested and confirmed there is no Simulate button in VAB in the KCT window. Check the folder and delete the old DLL and it will disappear like magic :) 

Like this:

ryHZFCU.png

Edited by JeffreyCor

Question, since KCT doesn't over-ride the launch button in the VAB/SPH anymore, how do we start 'building' something without the game loading it directly out to the Launchpad, and short-cutting the actual construction process? I haven't seen any posts that explain that, and sorry if I've missed them.

3 hours ago, vardicd said:

Question, since KCT doesn't over-ride the launch button in the VAB/SPH anymore, how do we start 'building' something without the game loading it directly out to the Launchpad, and short-cutting the actual construction process? I haven't seen any posts that explain that, and sorry if I've missed them.

Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding your question, but to build something from the VAB/SPM, you open the small KCT window and click the Build button.  You can see it in @JeffreyCor 's screenshot a few posts back.  You'll get a message at the top of the screen saying it was added to your build queue.

2 hours ago, beelzerob said:

Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding your question, but to build something from the VAB/SPM, you open the small KCT window and click the Build button.  You can see it in @JeffreyCor 's screenshot a few posts back.  You'll get a message at the top of the screen saying it was added to your build queue.

pjX7eFK.jpg My version of KCT seems to be missing a few buttons.

djm7Vqa.png This is what I have

Edited by vardicd

Your top picture is from a 1.1.3 build, which the bottom one looks like an incorrect setting in KCT. Your have the settings in KCT changed to enable "override stock launchbutton" which is known to not work. At this time that setting should NEVER be enabled. Go to your KCT settings and turn off this option.

18 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

Your top picture is from a 1.1.3 build, which the bottom one looks like an incorrect setting in KCT. Your have the settings in KCT changed to enable "override stock launchbutton" which is known to not work. At this time that setting should NEVER be enabled. Go to your KCT settings and turn off this option.

ah that would explain it

Okay, so today I decided to do some testing in 1.2.2. My operating system is windows 10 and I was using the KCT_base with the latest dll. I was using the default KCT settings and decided to take the Aeris 3A out for a spin. I added some airbrakes and pressed the KCT build button. I warped through the 110 day build time (is that a lot?) and then pressed the launch button. I flew around a bit and all had gone well. I landed back on the runway and opened the KCT menu after almost pressing the stock recovery button. Unfortunately though, as soon as I pressed the recover button (no pause, no lag) the game crashed. And I mean immediately. Here is the folder that KSP gave me after the crash. Here is my KSP.log and here is my output_log.txt. I hope that helps.

I also have a suggestion. When you first open the VAB in a new save the KCT window is on top of the 'Wherner Von Kerman' window and it would be good if it was moved.

Spoiler

MZvrEIv.jpg

It's nothing major, just a small inconvenience. I will do some more testing later if you want.

Edited by Benji13

Is the parts storage system working? I can`t seem to find a parts storage gui, and my builds seem to not get any quicker once I`ve recovered the same vessel, for ex recovering a command pod from another ship, then trying to build a buggy using that pod. This does not seem to work for me either when I 'recover active vessel', scrap it for parts, and then build another vessel, using some of those parts.

2 hours ago, saqib126 said:

Is the parts storage system working? I can`t seem to find a parts storage gui, and my builds seem to not get any quicker once I`ve recovered the same vessel, for ex recovering a command pod from another ship, then trying to build a buggy using that pod. This does not seem to work for me either when I 'recover active vessel', scrap it for parts, and then build another vessel, using some of those parts.

No the parts system is currently not functional. That's why you can't find it :wink: This is also why recovered parts do not currently improve build times. Magico is looking into major changes for that so is been removed at present while the base system is ensured stable (which it's looking pretty darn good :) )

@ JefferyCor Good to know

Also, am I supposed to get recovery funds back when recovering active vessel(via the kct button)? This seems like a bug to me, as I can simply wait the recovery time and then launch and recover it again.

Using latest version of ksp with 64x.

(incase its needed)Output Log Link(dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=output_log.txt

3 hours ago, saqib126 said:

@ JefferyCor Good to know

Also, am I supposed to get recovery funds back when recovering active vessel(via the kct button)? This seems like a bug to me, as I can simply wait the recovery time and then launch and recover it again.

Using latest version of ksp with 64x.

(incase its needed)Output Log Link(dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=output_log.txt

Honestly it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure I set it up to be taking the funds when you recover so you can't game it like that. That log looks like the wrong one (KSP 1.0.5). If you're running KSP 64 bit then you need to grab the one from KSP_x64_Data. But don't worry too much, I can probably recreate it pretty easily if it's consistently broken (and not just an issue with your setup). I updated the modlets tonight and will try to take a look at this tomorrow or Wednesday.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.