Kerbal Construction Time/StageRecovery Dev Thread

magico13

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not so thought I should ask before I posted it and it doesn't seem to have been mentioned here before. After recovering a plane and then launching it again the fuel hasn't been topped up. Is that right?

Cheers

[EDIT]

Apologies I've just found the edit button and fill tanks button once inside SPH, seems fine now.

Edited by PickleBranston
Clarity

Don't know about the stable part, but I prefer the more visible errors of a dev build over the lurky ones caused by version incompability.

Or maybe wait some more, for a 1.3.1 release. Or even downgrade to KSP 1.2.2.

Edited by Rodhern
1.2.2 not 1.22

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, garwel said:

Is the latest KCT compiled for KSP 1.3.1 or 1.3.0?

1.3.0. I haven't put the 1.3.1 dlls on the build server yet. I'm not sure if the current builds have been tested with 1.3.1 yet either (I haven't tested them other than that time I nearly broke my save by updating from 1.2.2 to 1.3.1 without realizing it).

2 hours ago, magico13 said:

1.3.0. I haven't put the 1.3.1 dlls on the build server yet. I'm not sure if the current builds have been tested with 1.3.1 yet either (I haven't tested them other than that time I nearly broke my save by updating from 1.2.2 to 1.3.1 without realizing it).

I realized that you don't use the stock settings system, which broke mods in 1.3.1. So your mods should work ok in both versions (as @Aelfhe1m testifies).

35 minutes ago, garwel said:

I realized that you don't use the stock settings system, which broke mods in 1.3.1. So your mods should work ok in both versions (as @Aelfhe1m testifies).

That explains why ScrapYard is totally broken then since it does use the stock settings system. Good to know, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry about that. The build server stopped recognizing my main SSD again but this time it appears to be the computer's fault and not the SSD. It was running on 7 year old components that had been active continuously for about 5 years, so I decided it was time to upgrade. I get the components this week and it will be back up next weekend. I can post the most recent build if needed.

2 minutes ago, magico13 said:

Yeah, sorry about that. The build server stopped recognizing my main SSD again but this time it appears to be the computer's fault and not the SSD. It was running on 7 year old components that had been active continuously for about 5 years, so I decided it was time to upgrade. I get the components this week and it will be back up next weekend. I can post the most recent build if needed.

Only if it works for 1.31 please  :D

Edited by Bersagliere81

I'm encountering something I'm not used to in previous iterations of KCT - after a bit of searching, and reading the guide, I'm still struggling.  

When I construct a vessel from either the VAB or SPH, it will appear in the main build list.  If I then 'scrap' the vessel from that list, it disappears (which is fine) but no money is refunded to 'funds' (less fine) - is this an intended feature of the new builds?

That sounds like a very bad thing. Something seems to be goofing somewhere in the scrap function for you. If you could include what build you are using and possibly a log that can help. I'll try and see if I can duplicate it when the build I'm using to help narrow down when the problem crept in.

1 hour ago, Bersagliere81 said:

Only if it works for 1.31 please  :D

All the builds for 1.3.0 still work with 1.3.1, but anything I put out now will be built specifically against 1.3.1 anyway. So yeah, it'll work :) 

https://github.com/magico13/KCT/releases

1 hour ago, Capt-Coulson said:

I'm encountering something I'm not used to in previous iterations of KCT - after a bit of searching, and reading the guide, I'm still struggling.  

When I construct a vessel from either the VAB or SPH, it will appear in the main build list.  If I then 'scrap' the vessel from that list, it disappears (which is fine) but no money is refunded to 'funds' (less fine) - is this an intended feature of the new builds?

That definitely doesn't seem right. Are you scrapping while in the VAB/SPH? Does it work properly outside of the editor (so in the Space Center)? It's definitely unintended. Can you upload the KSP log file after recreating the issue?

Edited by magico13

On 27/10/2017 at 8:33 PM, magico13 said:

That definitely doesn't seem right. Are you scrapping while in the VAB/SPH? Does it work properly outside of the editor (so in the Space Center)? It's definitely unintended. Can you upload the KSP log file after recreating the issue?

On 27/10/2017 at 7:38 PM, JeffreyCor said:

That sounds like a very bad thing. Something seems to be goofing somewhere in the scrap function for you. If you could include what build you are using and possibly a log that can help. I'll try and see if I can duplicate it when the build I'm using to help narrow down when the problem crept in.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this.  I've spent a few hours on this, trying to replicate it in a clean copy of KSP.  I've also manually rebuilt my game for 1.31 (instead of using CKAN), and the issue (in both cases) has disappeared.  Sorry for wasting your time here - if I ever find it happening again i'll start with a log file rather than chasing one.

Thanks for all you put into this mod; the game wouldn't be the same without it. 

1 hour ago, Capt-Coulson said:

Thanks for putting the time and effort into trying to reproduce that, it's appreciated. Definitely let me know if you see it again, and grab the log right away if you do! :)

4 hours ago, Capt-Coulson said:

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this.  I've spent a few hours on this, trying to replicate it in a clean copy of KSP.  I've also manually rebuilt my game for 1.31 (instead of using CKAN), and the issue (in both cases) has disappeared.  Sorry for wasting your time here - if I ever find it happening again i'll start with a log file rather than chasing one.

Problems mysteriously disappearing for no apparent reason is old hat around here. :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.