Jump to content

Kerbal Construction Time/StageRecovery Dev Thread


magico13
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dlathro1 said:

I tried to run a simulation using KCT by clicking build but there was no menu and it immediately started building the rocket. I checked the setting and found that the simulation has been removed. Is this something that was changed on purpose or should I submit a bug report?

I am currently using the dev build for 1.3.

Not a bug, there is no simulate in KCT for a very long time now. Simulations are presently handled using the mod KRASH. There is a stand alone simulation mod in works as an offshoot of that previously in KCT but it is not yet ready for testing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

There is a stand alone simulation mod in works as an offshoot of that previously in KCT but it is not yet ready for testing.

I should go back to that at some point... I was just thinking about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dlathro1 said:

I tried to run a simulation using KCT by clicking build but there was no menu and it immediately started building the rocket. I checked the setting and found that the simulation has been removed. Is this something that was changed on purpose or should I submit a bug report?

I am currently using the dev build for 1.3.

It's no longer a feature of the mod. You may use KRASH as an adequate substitute.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MaxRebo said:

It would appear http://magico13.net:8080 is currently unreachable. Server down?

Jenkins is failing to load after an update it appears. Working on it now.

 

Edit: So that was extremely frustrating. I have no idea why it totally stopped working, but I couldn't get it to work even if I went to an earlier version. I ended up using this as an opportunity to learn about Docker, so now Jenkins is running in a docker container on my server. I had to do some configuration changes to get it working, but it appears to be functional again.

Edited by magico13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, magico13 said:

So that was extremely frustrating. I have no idea why it totally stopped working, but I couldn't get it to work even if I went to an earlier version. I ended up using this as an opportunity to learn about Docker, so now Jenkins is running in a docker container on my server. I had to do some configuration changes to get it working, but it appears to be functional again.

What a very Jenkins thing to happen :rolleyes:

Thanks for the quick effort!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2017 at 7:28 PM, danielboro said:

probable bug

i have 1 playn under construction named pmk4doc

i have 1 playn recovered to SPH naned pmk4doc

wen i edit the recovered one i get the timer of the one under construction (78% complity 22% after edit)

If you change the name does the same thing happen? Ships are identified internally by a unique ID, not by name, so the name shouldn't matter. But I wouldn't be surprised if the BP value got miscalculated when editing, since editing is a bit tricky internally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i waited until the second one finised construction to edit
but even after the one finised i still got unedited at 78% and after edit at 22%

i starting to suspect scrap yard. in ships under construction if i edit and apply parts the % tends to go down if it starts high
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, danielboro said:

i waited until the second one finised construction to edit
but even after the one finised i still got unedited at 78% and after edit at 22%

i starting to suspect scrap yard. in ships under construction if i edit and apply parts the % tends to go down if it starts high
 

If you're using the Apply Parts button and it changes any of the parts, that will absolutely affect the build times. It will result in something that was already completed now having to be partially rebuilt so the parts can be swapped out for different ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been trying to download the dev builds via Opera. It blocks the downloads with a message Download Interrupted: Virus Detected

It's most likely just a false alarm by Opera but it doesn't normally balk at these kinds of downloads so I thought I'd flag it just in case, and to save anyone else having the same problem

 

And also to say I love your mods :) - Looking forward to a v1.3 release of KCT!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im not sure if anyone is having the same or a solution as already come about, if thats the case disregard.
But the mod is working with the latest update but when i reload the game none of my craft that are being built nor research nodes or buildings are there, and the upgrades are also lost.

Thanks all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, SgtSiege said:

But the mod is working with the latest update but when i reload the game none of my craft that are being built nor research nodes or buildings are there, and the upgrades are also lost.

That sounds like something I'd need a log to diagnose. Check the linked forum thread for the log locations.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2017 at 3:47 AM, ebigunso said:

Is your servers down? I can't access the 1.2.2 links provided in the OP.

Yes, my ssd primary drive suddenly stopped working and now I get to wait for the RMA to go through. I can get a build of it up today, though if you're looking for the 1.2.2 build you can also grab that from SpaceDock (accidentally said the old site, which is apparently filtered out)

Edited by magico13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, magico13 said:

Yes, my ssd primary drive suddenly stopped working and now I get to wait for the RMA to go through. I can get a build of it up today, though if you're looking for the 1.2.2 build you can also grab that from *

Oh no! Hope you manage to get it sorted soon. Are there any other links about for the DL or are those the only ones?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2017 at 6:43 AM, magico13 said:

Yes, my ssd primary drive suddenly stopped working and now I get to wait for the RMA to go through. I can get a build of it up today, though if you're looking for the 1.2.2 build you can also grab that from SpaceDock (accidentally said the old site, which is apparently filtered out)

If anyone can link to the latest 1.3 dev build (or semi recent at least) I would surely appreciate it.  I couldn't find it any of the usual alternates.  Thanks in advance!

Ian

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2017 at 7:45 AM, Marstiphal said:

Oh no! Hope you manage to get it sorted soon. Are there any other links about for the DL or are those the only ones?

 

On 9/19/2017 at 11:18 PM, GrimerX said:

If anyone can link to the latest 1.3 dev build (or semi recent at least) I would surely appreciate it.  I couldn't find it any of the usual alternates.  Thanks in advance!

Ian

The latest build can be gotten from GitHub here https://github.com/magico13/KCT/releases

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Build server's back up! Had to get the main SSD replaced since the last one died after a year. Thanks to the fact that I set Jenkins up using Docker last time, it was pretty painless to get Jenkins running again (also since I didn't lose any data when the drive went down)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...