Devnote Tuesdays: The "Lalo Gives Great Life Advice" Edition

SQUAD

I'd be very surprised if that's it, because that would be time much better spent on real features.

It might be something that was needed for easier management of further features, in which case it is not at all wasted time.

I guess Harvester is currently working on the tremendous challenge of making sure that Asteroids keep a consistent course under timewarp, when changing SOI's.

As they work kinda like normal ships, having them cross SOI boundaries causes the paths to be recalculated on the next 'tick' when in the new SOI. Making that nice Dinosaur-killing rock miss Kerbin by thousands of kilometers instead.

Having to kill timewarp for every SOI-changing Asteroid KAC- style will be a no-go (they can be hundreds!), so uhm .. I guess you would have to come up with something smart!!

I trust Harvester will get it right :)

Hey, i didnt asked Squad. I was wondering what other forum members think about it, and unfortunetly jcraft sees to have a point.

This just in - kiwiak forces delay of 0.24 to 2017 at the earliest :P

I can't reveal our internal estimate, but things appear to be on track so far.

I want to play this update so much because of contracts, new joint system and SLS! However, it looks like there is still a lot of work to do, so I hope developers will post screenshots of .24 or maybe even a short gameplay video in the future :D

With the current pace, it looks like another 6 months before .24 goes live. "New" projects seem more important.

Great Devnotes and good to hear that things are running smoothly. Squad is always making good progress (and NASA as well since they're working with them).

I also really like Lalo, he's a great and fun, enthusiastic addition to the "Squad" - pun intended. :)

With the current pace, it looks like another 6 months before .24 goes live. "New" projects seem more important.

Actually, the development cycle has been pretty consistent at about two months between updates for the last two years, not including fixes.

Actually, the development cycle has been pretty consistent at about two months between updates for the last two years, not including fixes.

Noooo! Don't bring facts and logic into a situation where one lets his/her emotions get out of control! Crazy Talk!!! {/end Sarcasm font}

Edited by Ignath
ewps, spelling mistake

The next update will probably be a month more past the normal cycle because of the winter break and all the NASA stuff, but that's just a guess. Anyway, even if it is, I don't have a problem because ~asteroids~.

I guess Harvester is currently working on the tremendous challenge of making sure that Asteroids keep a consistent course under timewarp, when changing SOI's.

As they work kinda like normal ships, having them cross SOI boundaries causes the paths to be recalculated on the next 'tick' when in the new SOI. Making that nice Dinosaur-killing rock miss Kerbin by thousands of kilometers instead.

Having to kill timewarp for every SOI-changing Asteroid KAC- style will be a no-go (they can be hundreds!), so uhm .. I guess you would have to come up with something smart!!

I trust Harvester will get it right :)

Like, fixing the actual bug that causes the issue? It has been long suggested how it can be fixed.

For those interested...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53667-SOI-transitions-introduce-trajectory-errors-depending-on-warp-factor?p=710149#post710149

Wow! I've never seen the game translate my engines to an upside down position. You didn't rotate and install them upside down in the VAB, right? Had you previously changed the orientation of the craft in the VAB so that it was upside down at some point in the process of assembly? In any case, have you checked the craft file to see the engine (or attachment) orientation there? And is the situation repeating or happenstance? Just wondering.

It just flipped them on me when I wasn't looking. That's what I get for playing when I should be sleeping, right? :)

calisker, I myself have never seen this bug but I would imagine just reattaching them fixes it. Also, you need to put some basic KAS stuff in stock.

No...maybe people didn't see my earlier post, but you have to delete whatever they are attached to, that seems to be the problem, and it is weird as flipping them upside down and they still attach upside down delete and reattach the radial decouplers and everything works again.

• 2 weeks later...
<p><strong>Jim (Romfarer)</strong><span>:</span><span> </span><span>The past week i have been working on a new gui for a system i have given the working title: “Application Launcherâ€Â. If everything goes after the plan, this system will be used to hold application buttons which launch our own and possibly also 3rd party mods.</span></p>

Just me that can't parse this? Is it an in-game mod toggle? minecraft modpack launcher style mod management? I usually have no problems with most of squad not being native English speakers but those sentences I can't make heads or tails of, some kind of explanation of what it is would be nice, especially if it affects mods in such a way mod authors need to implement changes to ensure compatibility or if it renders some current mods obsolete.

What does it do, where will it go? in-game? (what view?) the launcher? etc.

Edited by K3|Chris

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.