[0.25] Time Control - 9/23/14 v13.2

Xaiier

This mod adds functionality that allows you to slow the game's time speed down to 1/64x while in flight, and also gives you full control of rails warp rates and minimum altitudes, including warping from the tracking station!

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae255/Xaiier/slow-mo.png

I think that it would be better for pc's that there was a slider to set the amount of calculations relative to the default, in stead of just a button that sets the physics delta to default.

I think that it would be better for pc's that there was a slider to set the amount of calculations relative to the default, in stead of just a button that sets the physics delta to default.

That's a good idea. I'll implement an "advanced" mode in the next update that gives more control.

New update out to clear up the very problematic bugs I found as well as fixing some minor stuff. Once I get through this busy week, build my new computer, and get settled, I'll continue working on some new features I have planned.

When this window is open, and you click a craft with Resource Details installed, the craft resource window gets screwed up until Time Control window is closed. Dunno whose fault it is, posting it here and there

Looks like a problem on his end, GUI skin issue like I had in some of the earlier versions. Will post there.

Also looks like I can change this to just use the skin instead of setting it globally, which should prevent future conflicts where other mods don't specify. Maybe...

Edited by Xaiier

Does this mod work well with Kerbal Alarm Clock and Mechjeb? Do they recognize the alternative time warps that you can set?

Hmmm, it seems that the MechJeb warp helper module (which is presumably called from other modules when needed) recognizes the changes but refuses to go over 100,000x.

Kerbal Alarm Clock appears to be completely broken, in a couple tests I found nodes to be incorrect, and eventually my ship in high Kerbin orbit crashed into the launch pad and was destroyed. Trying to figure out whats going wrong.

I installed the mod but nothing shows up.

I installed like this GameData>TimeControl>Flags, Plugin data, active.png, inactive.png, timecontrol.dll, version.txt

The fact that the Plugin Data folder showed up means it must be working, that folder is created by the mod to save config stuff. Are you using Toolbar? Does the log show any errors?

Thank you, I'd always been waiting for a plugin like this

I've looked into it, and while I can't replicate the problem, research into the error has pointed towards something I did in haste that I have since fixed in my code cleanup. Not sure why it would only be affecting you. A new release should be out by Monday or so that might fix the problem.

I've looked into it, and while I can't replicate the problem, research into the error has pointed towards something I did in haste that I have since fixed in my code cleanup. Not sure why it would only be affecting you. A new release should be out by Monday or so that might fix the problem.

Ok thank you, do oyu need other informations?

Does this mod require the toolbar mod? I am not seeing any type of user interface at all. Time Control is the only mod I currently have installed.

edit : I installed the toolbar mod and now the UI shows up. I must say this makes me nervous. Anyone know if the toolbar mod is a requirement or if maybe something else is going on, like is there some keyboard shortcut to activate the UI or an adjustment I can make in the plugin data to make the UI show up without the toolbar plugin? I know this may sound picky, but I really do not want to have to rely on the toolbar plugin to run mods.

Edited by Otis

Does this mod require the toolbar mod? I am not seeing any type of user interface at all. Time Control is the only mod I currently have installed.

No...its possible you have the same problem Dacsi had, I just sent him a fixed version since I don't really have a release ready version and it doesn't seem to be affecting a large amount of users...

With the presumed delay of ARM I guess I'll put out an update to fix this problem and introduce a couple new features.

Ok, awesome. I missed Dasci's post's and your replies, Xaiier. My fault. I think that Bliizzy78's plugin is that best thing since sliced bread, but occasionally I'll get into a rampage when my old laptop starts having problems and I'll delete all of my mods. This mod has the potential to really help me in many situations where my framerates drop and I like the idea of it being able to run it on its own. Thanx for the quick reply. I'm just as excited for the .23.5 release as everyone else and I will now go wait patiently in my corner for the new release and all the mod updates to follow.

Edited by Otis
grammar

Ok, awesome. I missed Dasci's post's and your replies, Xaiier. My fault. I think that Bliizzy78's plugin is that best thing since sliced bread, but occasionally I'll get into a rampage when my old laptop starts having problems and I'll delete all of my mods. This mod has the potential to really help me in many situations where my framerates drop and I like the idea of it being able to run it on its own. Thanx for the quick reply. I'm just as excited for the .23.5 release as everyone else and I will now go wait patiently in my corner for the new release and all the mod updates to follow.

You'll like some of the new features then :)

I'm working on it now, I'd cleaned up the majority of yucky code in the last week and id been fussing with new ideas so its slightly in a mess at the moment. Expect v10 sometime later today.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.