[1.12.x] Kerbulator: use your own math!

wmvanvliet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/1/2017 at 1:23 AM, toric5 said:

is there any way to take a UT and convert it into kerbal day/month/year formats?

You'll have to use your own math. A Kerbal day is 6 hours (not 24 like an Earth day). One hour is 60 minuts. One minute is 60 seconds. Do the math!

(not sure how many months go in a Kerbal year)

Edited by wmvanvliet

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, wmvanvliet said:

Fixed.

Thanks for that!

A couple of suggestions :-

• Click-through is quite a problem with Kerbulator.. there was a time when nothing could be done about that, but fortunately there is now, and most mods where it was an issue have now implemented fixes for it. It would be great if you could correct this.
  • When running a function that requires user input, it would be nice if we could assign a label to the inputs, so as to display something in the run window, other than the variable name. Minor, I know, but if one has a lot of functions saved, some not used very often, one can forget what a particular variable was used for, and it would save having to look through the routine to see what data is being requested. . (always assuming it was properly documented in the first place, of course!)

Edited by JAFO
clarification

Thanks for the heads up that click-through has a viable solution now. It's been a while since I've looked at Kerbulator. I'm still looking for ways to solve the enter and cursor keys not working in the editor, which is a real pain in the ass.

Just so you know, you can assign labels to input variables like this:

in: some_var "Label for variable"

The description appears in a tooltip when hovering above the corresponding input textbox.

7 hours ago, wmvanvliet said:

Just so you know, you can assign labels to input variables like this:

in: some_var "Label for variable"

The description appears in a tooltip when hovering above the corresponding input textbox.

Ahh.. I've been doing that, but wasn't aware of the tooltip aspect.Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I use CKAN to manage mods and noticed that according to maybe GetHub the max KSP version compatible with this mod is 1.1.3 instead of 1.3.1. It reports that the mod isn't compatible with the current version and won't allow install without bypassing compatibility protection.

2 hours ago, jobney said:

I use CKAN to manage mods and noticed that according to maybe GetHub the max KSP version compatible with this mod is 1.1.3 instead of 1.3.1. It reports that the mod isn't compatible with the current version and won't allow install without bypassing compatibility protection.

Thanks for reporting this. I'll take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Calculating multiple maneuver nodes in one function is not a problem, you can return a list of values like this: [x, y, z]. However, the interface currently doesn't allow for the automatic placement of a list of maneuver nodes. I've make a ticket on Github for it. I may get to it at some point :)https://github.com/wmvanvliet/Kerbulator/issues

• 4 months later...

Unfortunately, I no longer have any time to work on it (or play KSP for that matter). Having kids will do that to you :) Anyone willing to work on it is extremely welcome to submit git pull requests!

Is Kerbulator still running on the new versions of KSP?

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2018 at 4:09 AM, wmvanvliet said:

Is Kerbulator still running on the new versions of KSP?

Kerbulator launches correctly, and I can open the "new functions" window, but there is no GUI in that window to input functions. It is just a blank grey box that won't go away. This is on Linux.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, wmvanvliet said:

Just a heads up. I've recompiled Kerbulator against KSP version 1.4.4. I also finally fixed the clickthrough bugs.

That's awesome news! Many thanks! :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Please, remove this from 1.9 version until fixed. It's just one huge freeze and bug. In general, excellent mod though.

For example, after opening kerbulator from construction:

Kerbulator.GameGlue.EnsureLockReleased (System.String lockName) (at <03e550aed1704ccd8090010c9465e99d>:0)
    Kerbulator.KerbulatorGUI.OnGUI () (at <03e550aed1704ccd8090010c9465e99d>:0)
    Kerbulator.KerbulatorGUI.OnGUI () (at <03e550aed1704ccd8090010c9465e99d>:0)
    Kerbulator.GameGlue.OnGUI () (at <03e550aed1704ccd8090010c9465e99d>:0)

Freezes game on alt-tab too.

• 3 weeks later...

On 2/22/2020 at 12:59 AM, User 456456 said:

Please, remove this from 1.9 version until fixed. It's just one huge freeze and bug. In general, excellent mod though.

Freezes game on alt-tab too.

Thanks for the feedback! Based on this I did some more debugging and found that you were right. I missed two important scenarios where I should have unlocked the clickthrough prevention lock but did not. We live and learn. New version 0.46 pushed. Could you give that a try and see if things are now working properly at your end as well?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.