Dream Cars

spaceman1999

My dream car came up on Craigslist a couple months ago. 2013 Toyota Tacoma with an OME suspension lift, full belly armor, ARE bumpers front and rear, winch, extended fuel tank, camper shell, rack for a roof-top tent, slide-out kitchen in the bed. It was dreamy. It had been custom built for some Australian show that filmed an off-road expedition across the Southwest, and now that production was over they were selling it off. They only wanted $25,000, if I had the cash I would have bought it on the spot. 

Mine is... was... a 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 350 4-barrel. 

I loved that car, until I hit a patch of ice doing about 60...
I walked away with a minor concussion, but neither the car or the two trees I hit survived. ;.;

Edited by Just Jim

For fun and good-looks, I'd pick a 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray:

1993_main_f.jpg

However, for general use (and also for fun and good looks), my dream car is some form of lifted Chevrolet Suburban:

2yuf40j.jpg

I have a couple of dream cars:

1) 1967 Toyota 2000GT. Only 351 were built in it's lifetime. James Bond drove only one of two convertibles made.
Toyota-2000GT-Side-Profile.jpg

2) 1974 Datsun 240Z. This one started it all. Not really rare, but hard to find a good one to do a resto.
1969-1978-datsun-240z-712_5038_640X470.j

3) 1961 Ferrari GT250 California Spyder. Rare as heck (somewhere between 37 and 91 built depending on sources).
ferrari250gtcaliforniaspyder-l-e930dd497

4) BMW 850i. 5.0L V12. The heck with gas mileage. Goes really fast!e2c7163cb4448c7661d0c4be9c0a0bec.jpg

5) Alfa Romeo Spyder. Just a really cool little convertible.
Macchina.jpg

6) 1955 Corvette. The first with the V8 (265 cu.in) and the last of the first body style.
1955_Corvette_Top.jpg

7) 1958 Plymouth Fury. "Christine". Needs no other introduction.
plymouth-fury-07.jpg

There's alot more I love, but the images will fill an entire page. This is enough for a while.

Edited by GDJ
Tidying up the post.

Volkswagen Multivan Business with MTM Tuning

It's basically a luxury limo compressed into a fast cube.

6 luxury passenger seats. Motorized doors like on a Star Wars rebel gunship. And a very nice cockpit for the driver.

volkswagen_t5-multivan-business-2011_r6.

48 minutes ago, razark said:

1971 General Motors/Boeing LRV.  A compact electric vehicle that's out of this world.

Hide contents

800px-Apollo15LunarRover.jpg

You know, I've never really noticed this but...are those lawn chairs? Makes me feel like they should have been drinking lemonade while sitting on that thing.

As I biker I have, over the years, come to the conclusion that fast doesn't necessarily mean fun.  Highly illegal speeds on a straight road are dull compared to 30mph on the right road.  Hence I'm not sure my dream car would be a supercar.

I like the Ariel Atom suggestions, but I think I'd be tempted by the Nomad instead, despite not really having many places nearly to properly use it

Nomad-static-large_trans++5yQLQqeH37t50S

On ‎08‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 3:29 AM, cubinator said:

My dream car is one that can drive itself while I sit back, relax, and think about how cool it is that I live in The Future.

I just hope they make them look a bit more exiting though

google_driverlesscar_00.jpg

I'm really kind of old school.  A 1957 Chevy Bel Air Sport Sedan, black -- or a 1967 Corvette Sting Ray (and yes, for that model year, it was two words) with a 427 cubic inch Big-Block Tri-Power V8, red.

On 7/7/2016 at 11:35 PM, CAKE99 said:

I will make a detailed drawing tomorrow, but my dream car would be somewhat like a Armored Personnel Carrier.

I failed to meet that deadline EPICALLY.

In the spoiler there's a image, it's the size of a A4 sheet of paper.

Spoiler

GuLAJU1.png

I think  the Atom is the perfect car. lightweight, V6 or V8- best acceleration in the world. Almost. And I get good mileage! Ariel has changed the world!

How, you ask?

Light, nippy, fast- 

and?

i dont know just go with it

My other would be Wasp/Rail- Tanki Online :                         

dBEXJWt.png

Edited by Concodroid

8 hours ago, Robotengineer said:

That looks like a killdozer on two wheels. 

I know :D

I forgot to add a system to fill the interior with toxic gas in case someone stole it, I also forgot to add a system to deploy road spikes or landmines.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.