Things you've caught yourself doing after a KSP binge

kyle5432

I've been practicing Lucid Dreaming,so whenever I find myself in a Lucid Dream I turn myself into a Kerbal (Yeah you can do that xD) And I quickly come up with a rocket on the pad and fly away with it. My brain is awful at simulating orbital physics though :/

Ditto the inability to watch Sci-fi movies. It's an odd feeling,it's like pain and anger mixed together. For example when a ship is going to land,they point prograde and slightly downward. Because everyone knows the proper way to de-orbit is to increase your prograde velocity....

I've been practicing Lucid Dreaming,so whenever I find myself in a Lucid Dream I turn myself into a Kerbal (Yeah you can do that xD) And I quickly come up with a rocket on the pad and fly away with it. My brain is awful at simulating orbital physics though :/

Apparently the Kraken can infiltrate your dreams :o

Every time I see an aircraft nowadays, I instantly take note of the wing configuration, try to estimate COL and the general stability of the plane.

Ditto, but I do it to assure myself that its wings will not interfere with the solar array on 'the station' :sticktongue: Another effect of KSP: When I need to concentrate, I subconsciously play the VAB/SPH music in my mind.

Ditto the inability to watch Sci-fi movies. It's an odd feeling,it's like pain and anger mixed together. For example when a ship is going to land,they point prograde and slightly downward. Because everyone knows the proper way to de-orbit is to increase your prograde velocity....

Yeah, KSP ruins just about every sci-fi movie. Books can sometimes get away with it if they don't try to detail the wrong kind of thing, though.

I get Kerbol and Solar systems mixed up, usually draws strange looks from friends, but my sister, who I brought to the dark side of kerbal, just laughs.

I am in a satellite dynamics class at university, and we do a lot of in-class discussion about space related news and such...

More than once, I have said "Duna" for Mars, and "Jool" for jupiter, out loud, in class discussion.

Nobody else seems to understand, so I guess I am the only one who plays KSP, which seems strange.

I also sometimes will sit near a window while I eat my food, and watch cars drive by, and sometimes my brain expects them to randomly traction-roll and explode like rovers do at higher speeds.

Every time I see an aircraft nowadays, I instantly take note of the wing configuration, try to estimate COL and the general stability of the plane. Even on the airport, when boarding a plane...

I do that too, but it was my fluid dynamics professor's fault, not KSP's :rolleyes:

Edited by User Unrelated

My list in order of frequency:

1. Calling our planets 'jool' or 'duna' (I also seem to keep thinking titan is part of the ksp universe...)

2. Quarrelling with movie physics. Here is a convo I had with my friend:

Friend: Just saw gravity

Friend: The film had its head so far up its own ass

Me: did you see it in 3d?

Friend: Yupp

Friend: Good film if you don't have smart relatives

Me: yeah, the 3d was awesome but my goodness the physics is messed up

Friend: But since i have soon that was all wrong in my ear alot he time i noticed how bad it all was

Friend: Yea

Me: and whats with the Hubble telescope being near the ISS?!

Friend: And they wonder why we never take women to space

Friend: First time, the shuttle blew up

Friend: Gravity she brakes her shuttle the iss and the Chinese iss

Me: or how about the fact that the debris would have never hit the station again

Friend: Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Me: or how about the fact that cloony can somehow fly an RCS pack with her holding on?

Me: or how about when he cant hold on and has to let go?! there would be no forces!

Me: or how about the stupid proximity of the Chinese SS?

Me: or how about the fact that, realistically, she would have burned up upon re entry

Me: or how about the fact that cloony was allowed to mess around with the RCS pack in the first place

Me: or how about the fact that the space station re enters the atmosphere!

Friend: Lol i have totally set you off

Me: or how about the fact that the entire movie was CGI Except the faces

Friend: keep going i didn't notice half this stuff

Me: or how about the fact that, upon re entry, objects were 'floating' when they should be experiencing G's

Me: or how about the fact that an explosion is stopped by a thin docking port!

Me: the only semi feasible bit in the plot was the dream when cloony opened the hatch and slipped in, leaving her alive.

Me: because you can actually survive in space for a few second before you explode.

Me: and they passed it off as a dream... -.-

Me: but the 3d was AWESOME

Me: OOOOH

Me: how about the fact that some bloody foreign bloke in the middle of nowhere can hear her and yet NASA, with the most sophisticated communication networks in the world at their disposal, cant talk to her

Me: *facepalm*

3. Trying to turn the camera view in youtube videos. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.