Veto Aerospace Talon Station

The Talon Station is the first operable spacestation VA has built which utilises the six-way node. Whilst several were siphoned off toward the Robin project, the Talon requires just one per station. It carries four habitation/storage modules, four lab modules, the command capsule, the service module and its primary drive, a NERVA engine. It carries four solar panels for power.

BvEth.png

Kerbin orbit.

JNewH.png

Munar orbit[=~ 30000 metres]

K8LPB.png

Kerbol orbit [note Kerbin and the Mun, in the background.]

7P9tE.png

Low Kerbol orbit

(Sorry about the Solar Collectors, Tim, but I seriously wanted something that could get itself pretty much anywhere you wanted it, and I didn\'t want to config edit.)

Well a real permanent station wouldn\'t require any main engines, but I guess before proper docking we will all just have to accept the fact that there is no other way.

Plus it needs moar variation in the structure, not technically assymetry but more of a look with solar panels branching off strut pieces.

Well a real permanent station wouldn\'t require any main engines, but I guess before proper docking we will all just have to accept the fact that there is no other way.

Plus it needs moar variation in the structure, not technically assymetry but more of a look with solar panels branching off strut pieces.

I seem to recall that your spacestation was completely symmetrical. Its just that at first it looked like such a complicated build that it must have been asymmetrical.

Besides, this is my first use of the Epsnode in a spacestation.

Well, how else would a permanent space station maintain LEO or LKO? You have to have some sort of orbit boosters, just like the ISS.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.