Hubble Space Telescope Replica

Shna_na

Hi! I made a Hubble Space Telescope replica, as the title suggests. I say replica, but it's not perfect. It's pretty close though, probably as close as you're gonna get in KSP. I made a replica before this one, though it wasn't as good due to the limited parts of that version. This is essentially a mark II of that craft. It's 100% stock, though I forgot to mention this in the title as a prefix. Anyway, here's the Spaceport link, you can read about it there. I'll post the description for it here regardless:

The Hubble Space Teleskope is back and better than ever. This iteration of the craft adds science capabilities, a new launch vehicle, and more accurate aesthetics.

The launch vehicle has been completely thrown out and replaced with a new and improved version. This one is more aesthetically pleasing, with less sharp edges for your Kerbals to impale themselves on. It’s also very efficient with more than enough fuel to get you, potentially, to other planets! The new design is very compact, with only 22 parts! The action groups are all set: press “1″ to toggle the panels and “0″ to toggle the antennae. All you need to do it remember to close the intake on launch (Later updates of the game should ensure that you can set it to be off automatically, however).

It’s all about the aesthetics! In a replica at least. A new, sleek design that look aerodynamically stable (still no stock fairings however) and handles like a charm due to its compact and light state. Since it’s been so well optimised for efficiency, this craft doesn’t strain your computer at all and shouldn’t result in any frame-rate sacrifices. It also looks far more like the Hubble Space Telescope than the previous version, since the updates to the game since then have provided more parts and flexibility. That and the fact that I took more care with the design.

Thanks for the support on the 1st version of this craft, I hope you see some major improvements in this MkII version!

And here's some screenshots:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Shna_na
Images

You do have a point. And I am aware of the "buy now" button and don't understand it. Will there be an option to put a price on your addons? I hope not. I will rectify the image issue, thanks for pointing it out.

No problem, I like the Hubble. Nice and simple.

Do you have a shuttle to launch it?

MJ

The "buy now" button is a built-in feature of the Spaceport software, and unfortunately, can't be removed. It's intended for monetization of downloads, which we do not support.

Ah, good good. That's reassuring to hear.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.