[0.24] Distant Object Enhancement 1.3.1 - Planets/satellites in the night sky! (7/29)

Rubber Ducky

Does anybody know what this and or how to fix it ?

RunSimulation took 4ms

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 53)

ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.

at UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DistantObject.FlareDraw.DrawVesselFlare (.Vessel referenceShip) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DistantObject.FlareDraw.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hi everyone, first I would like to say this mod is FANTASTIC! VERY well done to the author.

But I would like to know what settings are most realistic for this mod? I've been playing around the settings but haven't been able to figure out what every setting does.

I've also been having trouble spotting debris/stations etc when they are passing even up to 3km from me, they don't seem to light up (glint). What settings should I be using for best, most realistic effect?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to make the fading skybox go by whether or not the vessel is in sunlight instead of where the camera is pointing? For instance the only time I want to see stars is when im orbiting around the dark side of a planet.

I've also been having trouble spotting debris/stations etc when they are passing even up to 3km from me, they don't seem to light up (glint). What settings should I be using for best, most realistic effect?

Increase flare size and brightness.

Hi! Does anyone have DistantObject_1.2.zip ? I have not updated to 0.23.5 and DistantObject_1.3.zip not working with 0.23 version of KSP. Google cann't find anything so please help! :)

It should work with 0.23 considering it hasn't been technically updated for 0.23.5. Version 1.3 is made for 0.23.

It should work with 0.23 considering it hasn't been technically updated for 0.23.5. Version 1.3 is made for 0.23.

I've test with 0.23.0.395 and with one plugin(kerbal alarm system) except toolbar - it was not worked. However 0.23.5 works just fine.

In log files it says

[LOG 00:51:16.053] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

[ERR 00:51:16.076] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'DistantObject': System.Ref

lection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'DistantObject.SettingsGui' from

assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

I've test with 0.23.0.395 and with one plugin(kerbal alarm system) except toolbar - it was not worked. However 0.23.5 works just fine.

In log files it says

[LOG 00:51:16.053] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies

[ERR 00:51:16.076] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'DistantObject': System.Ref

lection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'DistantObject.SettingsGui' from

assembly 'DistantObject, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Do you have Toolbar installed? It's a hard dependency at the moment.

I noticed a scaling problem. parts at a distant over 2.3km wont scale at all. so if you have a part that is downscaled a lot, you are going to see huge parts from distance. can this be changed or shouldn't we yust rescale the parts ?

screenshot0namyg34p62.png

I used

-Distant Object Enhancement (of course)

-Toolbar (of course)

and -KAX (the Rotor has a rescale factor of 0.0125)

I noticed a scaling problem. parts at a distant over 2.3km wont scale at all. so if you have a part that is downscaled a lot, you are going to see huge parts from distance. can this be changed or shouldn't we yust rescale the parts ?

*SNIP*

I used

-Distant Object Enhancement (of course)

-Toolbar (of course)

and -KAX (the Rotor has a rescale factor of 0.0125)

That's actually an issue with resizing parts period. I recall some discussion on the issue at hand in the TweakScale plugin. Basically, the part's model was sized for X so when you scale it down, from a distance it loads in the original scale before it resizes it down in physical range. This may be something to take up with KAX's author and see if they can resize the model so it is scaled to 1 rather than 0.0125 which hopefully should correct the behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the settings menu corrupted for anyone else? It's like it's only showing the top left window corner.

Also, what is with the flare-like sprite that appears near your vessel and slowly moves away? Any fix for that?

Edited by curiousepic

• 2 weeks later...