[0.24] Distant Object Enhancement 1.3.1 - Planets/satellites in the night sky! (7/29)

Rubber Ducky

Oh, I have an idea what could be wrong with you guys having the timewarp problem, Got texture reducer? That could be it, for some reason that was breaking plugins for me.

It doesn't do this for everyone so you may have it and not have this bug but it could be the source.

I have texture compressor

To help him out you guys should be getting him snippets of the Error from the Output_log.txt located inside the \Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data That way he can have some kind of clue were the error is pointing at in his code.

The normal Debug Stuff from in game does not give enough info. ;)

Look back at my earlier post, i posted an output log! :) (i don't think anyone noticed though)

Look back at my earlier post, i posted an output log! :) (i don't think anyone noticed though)

I saw the output log -- it looks like your error is occurring in something called Kerbal FSM (something with flag sites?). Do you know what mod this is? I can't find anything on it. Something must be incompatible between the two.

EDIT: Strike that, it looks like KerbalFSM is something in the stock game... even more confusing. What other mods did you have installed, and can you give more context on what is happening? (is it just happening every time you load the flight scene?)

Also, CactEye shouldn't be incompatible at all, considering it was developed specifically alongside it and is actually a spin-off feature of it.

Edited by Rubber Ducky

Saw this, thought "Gimmie".

Saw the warning, thought "aww... now I have to wait."

Saw the images, thought "Well, video at moderate timewarp (100x or 1000x) would be perfect! You see the pretty lights go by... " [edit] At least with sats...

And a quick googling of "Kerbal FSM" keeps giving me "Flight Safety Manual" or "Fuel Storage Module" references. That help any?

Edited by VaporTrail

Saw this, thought "Gimmie".

Saw the warning, thought "aww... now I have to wait."

Saw the images, thought "Well, video at moderate timewarp (100x or 1000x) would be perfect! You see the pretty lights go by... " [edit] At least with sats...

And a quick googling of "Kerbal FSM" keeps giving me "Flight Safety Manual" or "Fuel Storage Module" references. That help any?

Actually, it turns out Kerbal FSM is the Flight State Manager, something within the stock game. I'm seriously confused on all this because it works 100% on my end, time warp, rendezvous, etc. I'm gonna have to go through pretty much all the mods suggested in this thread until I find a conflict, and then narrow it down from there. This whole thing is just very, very strange...

"Plugins that feature cameras in a separate window may be incompatible"

Is this about mods like raster prop monitor? I love this idea, and I want to download and use it, but I play now close to 100% HOTAS and cannot play now without that type of assistance...

Someone could explain me this better?

"Plugins that feature cameras in a separate window may be incompatible"

Is this about mods like raster prop monitor? I love this idea, and I want to download and use it, but I play now close to 100% HOTAS and cannot play now without that type of assistance...

Someone could explain me this better?

Yeah, the plugin doesn't technically support multiple cameras (which isn't really fixable without serious tech workarounds and performance hits).

Everything will work okay -- it's just that flares will draw as they should appear for the main camera, so they might be too large or out of position on other cameras. It should hardly be noticeable for RPM or docking cams (I think). It's mainly a problem for cameras that zoom WAY in, possibly Tarsier or Lazor cam.

OK this is what I got :

- Rapid Unplanned Disassemblies, everytime if I stick around long enough, also pressing ESC doesn't do anything :

screenshot11.png

You can find the Output Log here

- This RUD happened with the new Spud pod from HGR, everybody survived somehow

screenshot8.png

- Another bug I find is with Tarsier Space Telescope : more often than not, the colored aura representing the planet doesn't go away when you zoom in, and you can't see the planet itself (here with Jool)

screenshot10.png

I'm using these mods :

Toolbar

AIES Aerospace

ASET ALCOR

Chatterer

CoolRockets

DistantObject

Kerbal Engineer

Firespitter (just plugin)

HGR pods

RasterPropMonitors (with Hyomoto MFD)

Procedural Fairings

KerbPaint

KSO

Nazari HotRockets and mk3 parts

Nereid's Final Frontier

Nothke 6s

Porkworks inflatables

Precisenode

RCSsounds

Realchute

Romfarer docking cam

SCANsat

Scoop-o(matic

SelectRoot

SH's Kerbonov pack

Surfacelights

Targetron

Tarsier Space Telescope

TextureReplacer

Kerbal alarm clock

Turbonisu adapters

TweakableEverything

Hope it'll help !

OK this is what I got :

- Rapid Unplanned Disassemblies, everytime if I stick around long enough, also pressing ESC doesn't do anything :

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/axel-pharma/screenshot11.png

You can find the Output Log here

- This RUD happened with the new Spud pod from HGR, everybody survived somehow

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/axel-pharma/screenshot8.png

- Another bug I find is with Tarsier Space Telescope : more often than not, the colored aura representing the planet doesn't go away when you zoom in, and you can't see the planet itself (here with Jool)

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/axel-pharma/screenshot10.png

I'm using these mods :

Hope it'll help !

Any mods you would recommend for me to check out from those list. I love the different mods and I'm always looking for good ones.

I think I fixed the issue! Wasn't a mod issue at all, instead the plugin was having trouble trying to render flags and EVA Kerbals! D'oh!

v1.1 is up now, and the plugin now bypasses flags and Kerbals. Let me know if it fixes the issues, but I'd still be a bit wary (i.e. back up your saves first).

Yeah, the plugin doesn't technically support multiple cameras (which isn't really fixable without serious tech workarounds and performance hits).

Everything will work okay -- it's just that flares will draw as they should appear for the main camera, so they might be too large or out of position on other cameras. It should hardly be noticeable for RPM or docking cams (I think). It's mainly a problem for cameras that zoom WAY in, possibly Tarsier or Lazor cam.

Great response, thank you. So, if I understand well, this is not compatible with RPM (this mod is not showed by RPM monitors), but don't cause bugs in RPM or ingame if both are present, isn't it?

In that case not problem!, is understandable and maybe you should specify that is a "fancy" incompatibility, not a functional incompatibility.

Great response, thank you. So, if I understand well, this is not compatible with RPM (this mod is not showed by RPM monitors), but don't cause bugs in RPM or ingame if both are present, isn't it?

In that case not problem!, is understandable and maybe you should specify that is a "fancy" incompatibility, not a functional incompatibility.

The flares will still draw for RPM cameras, but they could be in the wrong place or wrong size. It shouldn't get in the way of anything. I'll try and see if I use some sort of mask or something (?) to make the flares only visible to the main camera in a future release.

I'll clarify this a bit more in the OP.

This mod is incredibly awesome! I have been waiting a very long time for someone to make a mod just like this. I love the realism behind this where you can only see things in the right time of the night.

It's impressive how the size of an object will affect how bright it is. My satellites barely flicker but my ISS-sized station was a very solid bright object, and it matched exactly like a real ISS looks like during a fly-over.

Well done.

After trying to updated version to see if it got rid of my issue, it did! I was no longer having my vessels undertake RUD when in orbit!

Instead, they were doing it during launch. Really frustrating because this mod has fantastic potential!

Here my screenshots:

618db60c5d42f449add6fba0f36993c5.png

39b6006eea6e58637471b5627d8a983c.png

After trying to updated version to see if it got rid of my issue, it did! I was no longer having my vessels undertake RUD when in orbit!

Instead, they were doing it during launch. Really frustrating because this mod has fantastic potential!

Here my screenshots:

[snipped from quote]

Could you send me the output_log.txt in KSP_Data from a session where that happens? It goes into much better detail.

Question, as things get farther away, their visual light is redshifted (or blueshifted). So their actual colours are not as they actually are. Will you be considering something like that?

That only happens for things thousands of light-years away. I don't think that any KSP object could be visible at those distances.

Yes, but remember, KSP is scaled, and its a simulation. So, in a way, it could be theoretically possible. I dont think youd see a green planet in the sky thats hundreds of millions of kilometers away.. the light wouldnt be strong enough to hold that much colour (i say hold and strong enough very loosely). So, to us it appears like a star, but very very dull.

Howdy all,

Wonderful mod, besides my troubles:

Crashed to desktop when all files/textures are loaded (or at least the yellow loading bar is visisably full).

My mod list is as follows: Blizytoolbar, B9, DeadlyReentry, EngineerRedux, FerramAero, KAS, KerbalJointReinforcement, Kethane, KWRocket, Mechjeb, Infernal Robotics, DockingPort align(navyfish), RCSBuildAid, RealChute, RemoteTech2, SelectRoot, TAC (FuelBal, Lifesupport, SelfDestruct), altResourcePanel, Void, Intersteller, WarpUnlocker.

Crash Log:

KSP.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module KSP.exe at 0023:005bf615.

Error occurred at 2014-02-17_221702.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by <>.

48% memory in use.

0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].

0 MB paging file [0 MB free].

0 MB user address space [103 MB free].

Write to location 00000020 caused an access violation.

I tried this mod, then immediately had to uninstall it. It caused quite a bit of lag, but what led me to getting rid of it was very simple, yet quite a major problem: The 'escape' key was disabled somehow. Meaning that I couldn't pause the game, I couldn't revert a flight, I couldn't do anything to get out of the flight scene except to select the 'Recover Vessel' dropdown function above the altimeter. Which, of course, would be a major issue if I wanted to leave a ship in place and go back to the space center, right? I could even switch vessels using the Map screen, but still couldn't pause or go back to KSC.

So, there you go, bug report. :)

FWIW, I haven't really been able to use ANY 'visual enhancement' type mods, due to lag, mainly.

Anyway, I might try a later version of this if this issue ends up getting remarked upon by others and fixed.

Later. :)