[0.24] Distant Object Enhancement 1.3.1 - Planets/satellites in the night sky! (7/29)

Rubber Ducky

Both mods were originally created by the same author, they're compatible! (I think)

Using the CactEye to look any of the planets just shows a bright dot (Just like in real life when using small telescopes :P), but I think this is supposed to be more like Hubble analogy than my spyglass

Nice mod. Now I can do what I do in real life: try to track planets on the sky.

However I would hope to see compitability with CactEye telescope mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88604

I BELIEVE I saw that you had to turn off flares for it to be compatible with Cacteye. It was a known issue, but the original author didn't have enough time to fix it before he left modding for RL issues. Give that a shot and see if it helps.

In the toolbar settings menu for DOE, there is a button that says Disable Debris Flares, however, when I click it the slider for Debris Flare Size disappears. So my question is: is the button wrong, i.e., pressing disable actually enables debris flares, or is the show/hide of flare size wrong?

From Buzz Aldrin's AMA today

The black sky was different, especially on the surface of the moon. Because from earth, the surrounding light is visible when looking at the night sky. In space, the sun is always affecting the night sky. But on the surface of the moon, the sun's light gave a pronounced velvet-like sheen, such that no stars were visible, especially in the vicinity of the earth. The stars were visible en route, but away from the sun, the stars were very visible, but on the surface of the moon, the ambient light enabled stars to be seen through the telescope but not through the visor cover on the eyes.

Thanks, Rubber Ducky!

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the flares still do wonky things in map view in version 1.4.1 (especially noticeable when rotating the vessel). That said, it's a known issue and MOARdV is working on it.

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra
Clarified which version I'm talking about.