[0.24] Distant Object Enhancement 1.3.1 - Planets/satellites in the night sky! (7/29)

Rubber Ducky

Well, I sort of have that issue too. I can warp just fine with the key controls, but the Timewarp bar in the top left doesnt do anything and doesn't accurately reflect the mode it's currently in. Removing the mod and seeing if it fixes both issues. Will probably have to restart my game also, since my 7th Kerbal in a row just died. Pretty sure that's the end of a space programme.

Well, removing it didn't stop the slaughter, but seems to have fixed the timewarp buttons. Going to check other mods but not many have updated lately that affect the in game scene.

Edit: Spoke too soon. Evidently I did not delete it correctly. That's what happens when you're going a bit mental. Testing again.

Edit 2: Removed it thoroughly and just had my first non-lethal flight in 9 launches. Going to try it again to see if I just got lucky. If it starts coming near to 'proven' I'll list out the (many, I recently attempted to copy Scott Manley's Interstellar Quest setup) mods I'm running to see which might conflict.

Edit 3: Second non-lethal flight completed having removed this properly. Timewarping working as per normal without it installed. Could it be something to do with textures, or draw distance? hmm. Going to re-install a couple of other mods for one last check and then will list the potential conflicts.

Edit: Third non-lethal flight completed having removed this mod. Sherberry Kerman is either blessed or this mod was the problem.

Here's my (long) list of mods installed, to give an idea for conflicts. However, since this seems to muck about with draw distances, it could just be a stock config problem.

000_Toolbar

ActionGroupManager

ArcanumIndustries

ASET

B9_Aerospace

BoulderCo

Chatterer

CrewManifest

DeadlyReentry

DSM

EditorExtensions

Engineer

EnhancedNavBall

ExsurgentEngineering

FerramAerospaceResearch

Firespitter

Flags

Graphotron 2000

JSI

KAS

KerbalJointReinforcement

Kethane

KineTechAnimation

Klockheed_Martian

KWRocketry

Long_Ladders

MagicSmokeIndustries

NavyFish

Nereid

NothkeSerCom

OpenResourceSystem

PartCatalog

PorkWorks

PreciseNode

ProceduralDynamics

Protractor

RCSBuildAid

RcsSounds

RealChute

ResGen

SafeChute

SCANsat

SelectRoot

SH_mods

Squad

StationScience

SurfaceLights

Targetron

Telemachus

TextureReplacer

ThunderAerospace

TreeLoader

TriggerTech

TweakableEverything

VNG

WarpPlugin

WolfPackAeronautics

ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll

Edited by GavinZac

This is a beautiful, and beautifully done mod, it adds an amazing amount to the game, for it being such a small thing, no be able to stand on the surface of a planet, and track the movement of the other planets and moons in the sky is a beautiful thing. I love it. I didn't even notice the bugs for the first couple of hours, cause I loaded a ship already landed and spent hours tracking the planets and trying to figure out which was which. I really hope what ever bug is in this can be fixed quickly and easily, because I want this mod back. :wink:

Love this mod but unfortunately it seems to produce a pretty game breaking bug which didn't happen before installing. Every time I get a rendevouz with another craft, and timewarp to reach that rendevouz point, the ship undertakes Rapid Unplanned Dissassembly. List of mods if its a conflict issue:

Toolbar

Beastly Science

Enhanced Navball

Homegrown Rocket Parts

Procedural Fairings

Docking Indicator

Near Future propulsion

Final Frontier

Nothhke Service Com

TurboNiso's adapters

Universe Replacer

Yep breaks timewarp completely! Also causes loads of null reference errors = LAAAAAAAAG

Here's a screenshot XHdG9TN.png

Also here's my output log http://www./download/44v85is1oc8yxnd/output_log.rar

I'm sad that I can't use what looks like such an awesome mod! :'(

I advise waiting for a bit until it is fixed

Edited by Boamere

I flew into orbit around Mun and didn't notice a single problem. I'm using plenty of mods too. Of course, I wasn't looking for problems but my kerb didn't die, performance was fine and I was able to time warp. Will report back if I notice anything on future flights.

It is sooo cool to look around and spot other planets. It's one of the little things I didn't realize was missing until now :)

Getting a strange bug reported by some other people that I sometimes hit an invisible panel. It only destroys the crew capsule.

I was about 20 km away from a satellite that rendezvoused with earlier so it may be a bug with rendezvous.

kBiWEMG.png

oNh3oKZ.png

Gaah, I have absolutely no clue what's causing these bugs. The plugin doesn't even touch time warp; pretty much all it does is render some models.

I've thrown a warning onto the OP until I get some time to sort this all out.

EDIT: Also, could somebody with the ship-breaking bug help me out? Go into Settings.cfg and set BOTH debugMode flags to true, then recreate the error in-game and send me your output_log.txt (in KSP_Data). That'd be seriously helpful!

Edited by Rubber Ducky

Gaah, I have absolutely no clue what's causing these bugs. The plugin doesn't even touch time warp; pretty much all it does is render some models.

I've thrown a warning onto the OP until I get some time to sort this all out.

My guess would be because this is modifying render distance, maybe the game is getting confused about when something is loaded? and when physics would be affecting timewarp limitations? the menu thing I can't even guess.

You just made me watch dots fly across the sky.

Amazing little mod. Made it's way into my stock game. Didn't encounter any warp bugs, so it must be some mod conflict.

I only wish I had a better graphics card so sattelites and station wouldn't flicker so much.

I have one request, though: Make the same for Alternis please, please, please, please :P

I agree that someone should test it (it didn't happen to me ;only no time-warp and null reference errors)

Edit: I did just install the cacteye telescope, maybe only people with that mod it affects?

Can someone confirm this?

!!! I have been waiting for this since day one. Great job. But ima hang back for a bit lol. I have a lot of mods so chances are ill get bugged as well.

Now.. does it factor in debris? Cause I'm going to have a lot of dots in my sky. ( a good thing )

Also.. what if you ditched the ship rendering? If that'd solve the issue people are having. Because truth be told I'm content with just the flares. I can use LazorSystem ( and I do ) to watch ships from far away. IF that'd help the issue of coarse.

Shoot now I all I need is a plugin that gets rid of ambient light and blacks out the skybox when a vessel is in the sun.

Edited by Motokid600

Oh, I have an idea what could be wrong with you guys having the timewarp problem, Got texture reducer? That could be it, for some reason that was breaking plugins for me.

It doesn't do this for everyone so you may have it and not have this bug but it could be the source.

To help him out you guys should be getting him snippets of the Error from the Output_log.txt located inside the \Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data That way he can have some kind of clue were the error is pointing at in his code.

The normal Debug Stuff from in game does not give enough info. ;)

I agree that someone should test it (it didn't happen to me ;only no time-warp and null reference errors)

Edit: I did just install the cacteye telescope, maybe only people with that mod it affects?

Can someone confirm this?

I don't use that mod, and I got the error