Singularity Research Initiative - dev thread

Daemoria

No No No you will not take these guys away from us yet! You guys are constantly poaching modders on here and awesome mods never get finished or die!! You cant have this one!!!!

Well the modders DO need jobs, and most modders do this to get just that, a job in doing something they love. Its unfortunate sometimes, but thats just how things go.

I know and of course I was kidding (if it wasn't obvious) but I can think of like 5 mods closed out or incomplete that would have been awesome of not for the developers poaching the modders. So maybe I was only partially kidding ;). This mod though is gonna be great and it would really be shame if it didn't get finished.

Just wanted to pop in with an update that I am not, in fact, dead. I've been quite busy with real life work, but I do plan on continuing work on this whenever possible.

The only real new question i've seen pop-up is concerning file size. I'll be releasing 2 versions of the mod, one for potato-laptops, and one for current-gen hardware. The meshes themselves wont contribute much to filesize bloat so I'll keep them the same across both versions, instead it'll have different textures to cut down on resource usage. The potato-SRI will probably use tweaked halfsize textures (sharped and touched up, to ensure readability).

Interstellar Mod compatibility was brought up at some point in this thread I believe, and it is a possibility. I might end up releasing a tweaked tech tree to allow it.

I plan on developing my technology along a divergent path that Interstellar takes (Magnetic/laser and nuclear beam pumped based propulsion) so the tech tree integration might be a little strange, but shouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine integrating.

--

sorry, no pretty pictures this time.

As Daemoria stated a couple of weeks ago he is busy with RL work and his time for dev work on this is limited.

I just wanted to post here for closure's sake.

I can't devote as much time as I first thought to this mod, and still balance my job and game-dev workload. Building a mod (even if it's target is to be a total conversion) has less payoff for my skill and time invested than working on a independent game project. And because my military job/work requires so much investment I can only realistically work on one project at a time if I want to ever see anything reach completion.

If my game project works out in the end, I'll most likely swing back here and resume work. There is something good here, and I do desire to eventually get it out to the KSP community.

---

Until then,ciao. It was fun...

[Mr. Moderator, please lock]

I just wanted to post here for closure's sake.

I can't devote as much time as I first thought to this mod, and still balance my job and game-dev workload. Building a mod (even if it's target is to be a total conversion) has less payoff for my skill and time invested than working on a independent game project. And because my military job/work requires so much investment I can only realistically work on one project at a time if I want to ever see anything reach completion.

If my game project works out in the end, I'll most likely swing back here and resume work. There is something good here, and I do desire to eventually get it out to the KSP community.

---

Until then,ciao. It was fun...

[Mr. Moderator, please lock]

Well drats, You had some very nice stuff here. Sorry to hear about the workload issues. Glad to hear you might be coming back and thanks for letting us know that your needing to place this project on hold. Best of luck with your game project, and I hope that your able to peak away at this in small breaks from the other stuff.

Damn, those models are so awesome. This mod had potential to became nr 1 rocket mod. Well, I'm hoping that in the future it will be released (even alpha version of alpha version). Till then, good luck!

Damn.

Of course your RL should be respected and is, but still. This had so much potential, and I hope your project works out and that you find time for this somewhere in the future. Remember that there will be people waiting for you :D

Like everyone else I am very disappointed but real life is of course more important. If you get the time one day please please please finish this! In the end it is just a game. Good Luck and I hope to see this thread opened again one day in the future.

Best of Luck