[1.0.5] Advanced Jet Engine v2.6.1 - Feb 1

camlost

There should be something in the output log saying what's wrong. Would you mind posting it?

Also, did you update SolverEngines?

I don't think there's an output log anymore, since the game didn't crash (just stopped loading)?

I did not update Solver Engines. Think that's the problem?

IO-550 only produce 3.6 kN thrust on the runway (RP0) , still too low, my Cessna 182 replica cant really take off (was 1,7kN before the patch) so its better but still too low. As someone mentioned in the RP0 thread it should be around 5,5 kN

- - - Updated - - -

IO-550 only produce 3.6 kN thrust on the runway (RP0) , still too low, my Cessna 182 replica cant really take off (was 1,7kN before the patch) so its better but still too low. As someone mentioned in the RP0 thread it should be around 5,5 kN

I don't think there's an output log anymore, since the game didn't crash (just stopped loading)?

I did not update Solver Engines. Think that's the problem?

output_log.txt is created in KSP_Data regardless of whether the game crashes or not.

And as NathanKell mentioned, you do need to update SolverEngines. That is likely the source of your error.

Oh I'm not saying it is a correct value but currently it is impossible to take off , the IO-550 engine is not usable at the moment. My Cessna replica barely doing 60 - 65 m/s thats about 80 knots IAS, real Cessna 182 easily do 150 IAS on sea level with a 230 hp engine.

But it is totally possible that other parameters are to be blamed. this 5kN was calculated in the RP0 topic.

I just want a usable IO-550 :D

Uh, what? 65m/s is 126 knots (145mph), which is waaaay above takeoff speed for any light plane. The Bonanza that comes with RO actually outperforms the real thing with the IO-550B. Methinks your plane is either too heavy or too draggy compared to the real thing.

Oh I'm not saying it is a correct value but currently it is impossible to take off , the IO-550 engine is not usable at the moment. My Cessna replica barely doing 60 - 65 m/s thats about 80 knots IAS, real Cessna 182 easily do 150 IAS on sea level with a 230 hp engine.

But it is totally possible that other parameters are to be blamed. this 5kN was calculated in the RP0 topic.

I just want a usable IO-550 :D

I could take off fine even before that engine was updated. Now with it's increased thrust there is no trouble at all. That is, when using FAR, not sure about stock aerodynamics. Maybe a control surface issue somewhere?

Blowfish, thanks for your work on the KAX props. :cool: I noticed the engine sounds don't change with the throttle, though, and I'm not able to assign actions to any KAX engines in the editor.

I've been on a rampage with prop planes, lately, and seeing these things perform like the prop planes in my other flight sims brought a tear to my eye! :D Awesome stuff!

Blowfish, thanks for your work on the KAX props. :cool: I noticed the engine sounds don't change with the throttle, though, and I'm not able to assign actions to any KAX engines in the editor.

I've been on a rampage with prop planes, lately, and seeing these things perform like the prop planes in my other flight sims brought a tear to my eye! :D Awesome stuff!

Don't thank me, thank ferram4 - he's the one who dug through the code and worked out all of the bugs.

The sounds are handled by firespitter, which does not connect with AJE. I might look into forking firespitter's modules at some point in the future, but for the moment that's just how it is.

What actions can't be assigned? I'll look into this.

Don't thank me, thank ferram4 - he's the one who dug through the code and worked out all of the bugs.

The sounds are handled by firespitter, which does not connect with AJE. I might look into forking firespitter's modules at some point in the future, but for the moment that's just how it is.

What actions can't be assigned? I'll look into this.

When I'm in the editor, clicking on any KAX prop doesn't give me any options. It's simply a blank list. With AJE uninstalled, they'll work as normal. When in flight, however, I can right-click and manipulate them that way. I should also mention that I can tweak all of the other jet engines just fine, which is nice. :) There's another interesting thing about the KAX engines, which is tricky to explain, but I'll try. I can left-click them and move them about just fine, but when mouse-hovering over them, the name of the part to which they're attached shows up, but not the engine itself. I think it's related to the action-group issue I'm having. The editor thinks I'm trying to edit the engine's parent, and not the engine itself.

Regarding the engine sounds and throttle, they too, will also work fine without AJE, but I'll make sure my FS is updated anyway. I admit I have a ton of mods, too, and I don't know if there's any shenanigans going on there. I'm going to try a second, clean install with the just the bare minimums plus FAR installed, and report back.

EDIT:

OK, with a fresh installation, my action groups are working an all the KAX engines, so I'll have to pin down the conflict on my end. As for the throttle and sounds, as best I can tell, AJE is definitely the culprit.

Edited by Voculus

FSEngineSounds uses thrust/maxThrust to produce its output, rather than normalizedOutput, which is the new (correct) way to do it. Since maxThrust isn't really meaningful in AJE, it's no surprise that this isn't working as expected. Not much that can be done on AJE's end, again ideally the firespitter modules would be forked and made to interface with AJE, but that's not a short-term project.

What would you need to add the J75-P-17? I really want to build a F106 alike.

I can't seem to find any references for the turbine inlet temperature. Some sources seem to imply that it is largely just an enlarged J57, which we already have, but truthfully I can't find a reference for that either.

EDIT: Just found a reference to 1150 K. I'll see about adding that.

EDIT2: I also need the dry SFC and thrust though, which I can't seem to find.

Edited by blowfish

Does this help seems I think it has SFC for the water cooled variant?

Or maybe this? Seems to be a military PDF that lists it as 0.8lb/hrlbf pretty close to what the other source rated the water cooled variant at.

Edited by Svm420

I want to add intake modules for IntakeAtm to all intakes via module manager. My question is should I set these up as the stock ModuleResourceIntake, or as AJEInlet modules with IntakeAtm instead of IntakeAir. I didn't know how the AJEInlet module handled other resources. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If you would add the new props from sxt and maybe the new normal jets from MK2 expansion. Has a nice jet with a thrust reverser. Seems novel as no other jet mods have that though I am not sure how well that translates to reality.. In your own time of course, but with these other parts the update may be more worth the time? Thanks! :)

I get and error with AJE and KSPI-E 1.5.5.

"Exception caught adding to: {Lists all intake parts} part: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at FNPluginHelper.Update()[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0"

"[Error]: Cannot find Module 'ModuleResourceIntake' (-859566458)"

I get and error with AJE and KSPI-E 1.5.5.

"Exception caught adding to: {Lists all intake parts} part: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object at FNPluginHelper.Update()[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0"

"[Error]: Cannot find Module 'ModuleResourceIntake' (-859566458)"

This one is on their end. Tell them this: if they try to find intake modules by name, they're not going to find AJE intakes properly. They need to use FindModulesImplementing<ModuleResourceIntake> or similar.