[1.0.5] Reflection Plugin Continued 2.0

Starwaster

Just to say I got it to work in 0.25, it looks like I was just using an old version, probably Razchek's original. I was just confused with the original post xD. I downloaded FASA and used the ReflectionPlugin.dll bundled with it, and it works like charm.

PS. Yay, 800th post =)

• 2 months later...

I'm having some kind of incompatibility issue with one of my installed mods. And for some reason i'm having no reflections at all.

I will report back once I've figured it out (IF i figure it out that is).

EDIT: Apparently it's some kind of OpenGL issue, whenever i run with forced opengl it will no longer render the reflection at all.

Edited by Blowout

I'm having some kind of incompatibility issue with one of my installed mods. And for some reason i'm having no reflections at all.

I will report back once I've figured it out (IF i figure it out that is).

Ok. Don't ... You know, post your logs or anything that might help me help you :D

Ok, i can do that :-)

Here's a sniplet from the debug log after selecting the FASA apollo command module in VAB.

[LOG 19:00:35.890] [Crew Assignment]: Part Apollo Command Module holds 3 crew, but only 2 are available.
[LOG 19:00:35.895] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.896] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.898] FF: creating new hall of fame entry for kerbal Pepe Kerman
[LOG 19:00:35.900] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.901] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.903] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.904] FF: creating new hall of fame entry for kerbal Chadsby Kerman
[LOG 19:00:35.906] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.908] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.909] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.911] FF: creating new hall of fame entry for kerbal Merbro Kerman
[LOG 19:00:35.913] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.914] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.916] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.917] FF: creating new hall of fame entry for kerbal Jedwig Kerman
[LOG 19:00:35.919] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.920] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.922] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.923] FF: creating new hall of fame entry for kerbal Fredbald Kerman
[LOG 19:00:35.925] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.927] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.928] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.930] FF: creating new hall of fame entry for kerbal Aldlan Kerman
[LOG 19:00:35.932] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.933] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.935] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.936] FF: creating new hall of fame entry for kerbal Podrim Kerman
[LOG 19:00:35.938] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.940] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.941] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.943] FF: creating new hall of fame entry for kerbal Shertrey Kerman
[LOG 19:00:35.945] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.946] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.948] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.950] FF: creating new hall of fame entry for kerbal Randall Kerman
[LOG 19:00:35.952] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 19:00:35.953] [Crew Assignment]: Pepe Kerman just became an intrepid astronaut.
[LOG 19:00:35.984] RP: Starting ReflectionPlugin ..
[WRN 19:00:35.986] RP: Could not find the specified shader "Reflective/Bumped Specular".
[WRN 19:00:35.987] RP: Simple reflective shaders:
[WRN 19:00:35.989] RP: -"Reflective/Diffuse"
[WRN 19:00:35.990] RP: -"Reflective/Specular"
[WRN 19:00:35.992] RP: -"Reflective/VertexLit"
[WRN 19:00:35.993] RP: Advanced reflective shaders:
[WRN 19:00:35.995] RP: -"Reflective/Bumped Diffuse"
[WRN 19:00:35.996] RP: -"Reflective/Bumped Specular"
[WRN 19:00:35.998] RP: -"Reflective/Bumped Unlit"
[WRN 19:00:35.999] RP: -"Reflective/Bumped VertexLit"
[WRN 19:00:36.001] RP: -"Reflective/Parallax Diffuse"
[WRN 19:00:36.002] RP: -"Reflective/Parallax Specular"
[LOG 19:00:36.004] RP: Applying changes to meshes ..
[LOG 19:00:36.006] RP: Applying changes to mesh: Capsule
[LOG 19:00:36.008] RP: Renderer found:
[LOG 19:00:36.009] RP: null shader. Trying to retrieve ReflectionPlugin.Shaders.Reflective/Bumped Specular
[WRN 19:00:36.046] RP: Found bumpmap texture, applying..
[LOG 19:00:36.047] RP: Set _Shininess
[LOG 19:00:36.049] RP: Set _SpecColor
[LOG 19:00:36.050] RP: Set _ReflectColor (ReflectionStrength: 0.4)

This only happens when i'm running forced opengl mode. It works just fine in DX mode 32 bit.

I've also deduced from this thread that reflections are generally an issue with AMD gpu's in opengl mode.

Also this: in crashlog

GL: disabling render-to-cubemap due to Radeon driver bugs

GL: disabling mipmapped render textures due to Radeon driver bugs

Edited by Blowout

At first I didn't notice the scroll bar next to your log in the post and was going to mention that I doubted the hall of fame for your awesome kerbal has anything to do with reflections... aside from the likely fact that this super amazing kerbal probably looks at himself in the mirror every morning and says, in whatever language kerbals communicate in, "I am awesome!"

Let that be a lesson to you all. Scroll Bars are good.

Ok, i can do that :-)

Here's a sniplet from the debug log after selecting the FASA apollo command module in VAB.

This only happens when i'm running forced opengl mode. It works just fine in DX mode 32 bit.

I've also deduced from this thread that reflections are generally an issue with AMD gpu's in opengl mode.

Also this: in crashlog

Can't tell anything from a fragment. I don't even know where that error is coming from. Unity? Another mod like Texture Replacer? Your OpenGL drivers themselves?

Can't tell anything from a fragment. I don't even know where that error is coming from. Unity? Another mod like Texture Replacer? Your OpenGL drivers themselves?

My thoughts exactly...

Is there a more comprehensive log i could post here?

My thoughts exactly...

Is there a more comprehensive log i could post here?

Output_log.txt (player.log if Linux or Mac)

did some searching and found that error associated with other games so I'm thinking it's a unity issue. You probably won't be able to get reflections as long as you're using OGL in conjunction with the Radeon drivers.

Output_log.txt (player.log if Linux or Mac)

did some searching and found that error associated with other games so I'm thinking it's a unity issue. You probably won't be able to get reflections as long as you're using OGL in conjunction with the Radeon drivers.

I was thinking the same actually. But here's my output log anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Updated for KSP 1.0.5

Experimentally, it seems to work better with Open GL. (KSP 1.1.2: only working with OpenGL so far...)

• Fixed long standing detached transform bug
  • Fixed rendering artifacts
  • Switched to multi-pass rendering (as done in Texture Replacer... MULTI-PAAAASSSS)
  • Compiled for KSP 1.0.5
  • Included version file

https://github.com/Starwaster/Reflection-Plugin-Continued/releases/tag/v2.0

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Climberfx said:

So, is this evolving yet? Some news about the 1.1.3 release, and OS X version?

Thank you :wink:

I hadn't had much luck updating to 1.1.2 and had to stop to update other mods  that I manage for1.1.3

• 2 years later...

Does this mod provide some of the same shaders as Textures  Unlimited now?Are they different shaders alltogether?

Im kinda wondering which one i should use. Both look really nice. Does this mod provide reflections just in a different way compared to TU?

I know the updated version is a fork by raidernick..but i cant find a new thread for it. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Jesusthebird said:

Does this mod provide some of the same shaders as Textures  Unlimited now?Are they different shaders alltogether?

Im kinda wondering which one i should use. Both look really nice. Does this mod provide reflections just in a different way compared to TU?

I know the updated version is a fork by raidernick..but i cant find a new thread for it. Cheers!

Textures Unlimited uses PBR methodology and workflow. It does seem to require a bit more configuration and setup for parts to make use of it than Reflection Plugin did and parts need configurations written up for them before they can make use of it. Result wise it it looks pretty good.

20 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

Textures Unlimited uses PBR methodology and workflow. It does seem to require a bit more configuration and setup for parts to make use of it than Reflection Plugin did and parts need configurations written up for them before they can make use of it. Result wise it it looks pretty good.

Im trying to write some cfgs currently. Start at least. Im just wondering which method to use.

Can i use both modules for the same part model as long as i keep it mesh specific?

Also since i think the reflections module is a rootnode??, i cant create a part variant like this either. Am i correct on that assumption? Thanks!

5 hours ago, Jesusthebird said:

Im trying to write some cfgs currently. Start at least. Im just wondering which method to use.

Can i use both modules for the same part model as long as i keep it mesh specific?

Also since i think the reflections module is a rootnode??, i cant create a part variant like this either. Am i correct on that assumption? Thanks!

Reflections Plugin uses PartModule (MODULE node in each PART)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.