[0.90] [Up for adoption] Connected Living Space v1.1.2.0 (27th Feb 2015) Hatches and Highlighting

codepoet

well when i first installed MKS i read that CLS was recommended for "efficiency extensions". now i gather that recent MKS versions have their own efficiency model but the guide still says that so i figured CLS must do something with efficiency but im starting to think i was way off

Config for Porkjet was removed as he said he was adding it to the habitat pack itself. If he has not yet released with it included then I suggest you just use the config from an earlier release. You may wish to draw this to his attention as well.

codepoet,

Not sure what is happening here but CLS is throwing and error:

[LOG 16:03:58.072] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CLSAddon' from assembly 'ConnectedLivingSpace'

[ERR 16:03:58.073] Script error: OnJointBreak

This message parameter has to be of type:

The message will be ignored.

[LOG 16:03:58.073] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CustomAddonLoader' from assembly 'Contracts_Window'

well when i first installed MKS i read that CLS was recommended for "efficiency extensions". now i gather that recent MKS versions have their own efficiency model but the guide still says that so i figured CLS must do something with efficiency but im starting to think i was way off

I imagine it was player efficiency in managing things (less time doing repetitive EVA for connected spaces)

codepoet,

Not sure what is happening here but CLS is throwing and error:

[LOG 16:03:58.072] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CLSAddon' from assembly 'ConnectedLivingSpace'

[ERR 16:03:58.073] Script error: OnJointBreak

This message parameter has to be of type:

The message will be ignored.

[LOG 16:03:58.073] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'CustomAddonLoader' from assembly 'Contracts_Window'

OK, thanks for that. I do not think that is causing much of a problem - just me making a mess of catching an event that I do not even need to catch. I will make a fix fr the next release.

Is there anyway that an option to use blizzy's toolbar over the stock one? I've gotten every other mod I use on blizzy's, but your mod is the only one that's currently using the stock bar.

You can use older release if you want to use the blizzy's toolbar.

I moved to the stock one to remove a dependency and because I sensed that was the direction of travel. I did not want to have to deal with the complexity of supporting both. I am sorry that is not the way you want to use it, but it was the choice I made.

• 2 weeks later...

I moved to the stock one to remove a dependency and because I sensed that was the direction of travel. I did not want to have to deal with the complexity of supporting both. I am sorry that is not the way you want to use it, but it was the choice I made.

You should probably update the README.txt as it still reads:

Be aware that a release of the Toolbar mod is included.

I've just installed this and Ship Manifest and, when I load up my Minmus base, the debug console gets spammed by a "Error: docking port hatch can not find its ModuleDockingNode docNodeTransformName: docNodeAttachmentNodeName"

What's that?

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, I've just started using CLS recently with my getting back into KSP, but I've come across an extremely annoying bug. If I undock with the hatches open on the docking ports, my computer hangs.

Wow, that sounds really annoying. It is supposed to automatically close them if you undock with them open, and I believe that is what I saw it do in my testing and subsequent gameplay.

Could you provide some more details on your hang:

1) what does the hang look like- bluescreen? game freeze? operating system freeze?

2) if there a log file available?

3) can you reproduce the problem with no mods other than CLS?

4) what versions of everything are you using?

In the ship manifest settings menu..the enable CLS bullet is there but cannot select it.

That is a question better directed towards the Ship Manifest thread. It might be that you have not installed CLS.

Wow, that sounds really annoying. It is supposed to automatically close them if you undock with them open, and I believe that is what I saw it do in my testing and subsequent gameplay.

Could you provide some more details on your hang:

1) what does the hang look like- bluescreen? game freeze? operating system freeze?

The music keeps playing, but everything else freezes, I can't exit the game via Alt-F4 or even use Ctrl-Alt-Del, I have to restart the computer with the button on the case.

2) if there a log file available?

this should be the log for the most recent crash of this type

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18212815/output_log.txt

3) can you reproduce the problem with no mods other than CLS?

I haven't tried that yet

4) what versions of everything are you using?

I have too many mods to list, they should all be in the outputlog though. They are all the latest versions as of last week at the earliest.

Making sure to close the hatches does avoid this bug, but it's extremely annoying.

Making sure to close the hatches does avoid this bug, but it's extremely annoying.

Thanks for that. The log shows that the game is crashing (as in proper crashing) which I have never seen before with CLS and no-one else has reported anything like it! I suspect some sort of mod conflict. It would be really helpful if you could try to narrow down the number of other mods to see if we can reproduce it with a simpler install. I know it is really boring, but as things stand today you are the only person I know of who is has a system that can reproduce this issue, so I would be really grateful if you could try to get a clearer picture of where the conflict might be.

Thanks

Thanks for that. The log shows that the game is crashing (as in proper crashing) which I have never seen before with CLS and no-one else has reported anything like it! I suspect some sort of mod conflict. It would be really helpful if you could try to narrow down the number of other mods to see if we can reproduce it with a simpler install. I know it is really boring, but as things stand today you are the only person I know of who is has a system that can reproduce this issue, so I would be really grateful if you could try to get a clearer picture of where the conflict might be.

Thanks

Actually, now I'm not entirely sure it's causing the crashes, I just had a crash with the hatches closed and CLS disabled in the settings. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the KSO docking ports I was using.