[0.90] [Up for adoption] Connected Living Space v1.1.2.0 (27th Feb 2015) Hatches and Highlighting

codepoet

I saw some config updates for other parts from other mods, but is there a fix to the B9 parts already done?

I'm having problems to pass crew with this b8 docking port planted above a b9 crew compartment.

By the way, i love this mod!

Edit: I find, on pages before.

Here the edit i put on end of CLSB9.cfg to solve that

@PART[b9_Utility_DockingPort_CDP]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleConnectedLivingSpace]]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace

passable = true

passableWhenSurfaceAttached = true

}

}

15505016588_24a6e8b8ce_o.pngConecting Living Spaces by Climberfx, on Flickr

Edit:

Now, i'm having this, even after adding "surfaceAttachmentsPassable = true" to all the parts listed in CLSB9.cfg, besides the docking port for B9 parts.

The docking port is directly attached to a B9_Cockpit_S2_Body_Crew.

What i'm missing?

15690887215_e9e9e6dd30_o.pngCLS by Climberfx, on Flickr

Edited by Climberfx

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, thanks for the awesome mod, should be implemented to stock KSP.

I have just a little request to make: can you implement that if detects blizzy toolbar installed, then it will use it instead of stock, leaving it in the same place if not found.

(just to clear some UI clutter)

And one additional, not so small request: maybe adding a transfer button to the CLS window, to use as an alternative to the stock transfer tool.

Thanks and cheers.

Hey there, thanks for the awesome mod, should be implemented to stock KSP.

I have just a little request to make: can you implement that if detects blizzy toolbar installed, then it will use it instead of stock, leaving it in the same place if not found.

(just to clear some UI clutter)

And one additional, not so small request: maybe adding a transfer button to the CLS window, to use as an alternative to the stock transfer tool.

Thanks and cheers.

Thanks for this. In reply to your points:

CLS did originally use Blizzy's toolbar, but when the stock toolbar came out I perceived that was the direction of travel, so I moved to support it instead. I support I could add support for both as you describe, but it will not be an urgent change, and I do not have much time at all to spend on CLS. Be patient, and hopefully it will happen.

In terms of transfers, CLS was originally supposed to be a very lightweight framework that other mods could use to achieve things. There are several other mods that use CLS to do transfers (Kerbal Crew Transfer and Ship Manifest are the ones I am aware of). However when crew transfer was added to stock I chose to make the stock system compatible with CLS - but only reluctantly. I do not want to start adding features to CLS - I would prefer to keep it as a framework that provides information to other mods that ant to use it. I particular I am hoping that someone will use CLS in a mod that simulates aspects of the environmental / social / psychological dynamics, but although I have had ideas myself neither I nor anyone else has managed to get anything to release stage yet.

• 3 weeks later...
What's that "allow crew unrestricted transfers" option for? In the main CLS window.

It is a setting that say whether it is possible to use the stock crew transfer mechanism to move kerbals between parts that are not "connected" in the CLS understanding of things.

• 2 weeks later...

CLS is broken in 0.90, with several bugs. Some I found are listed below. Using CLS v1.0.11.0 and the 0.90 Module Manager v2.5.4, tested on the runway.

In VAB/SPH:

1. Can open/close CLS menu, but no vessel is detected.

After launching vessel:

1. Can open but cannot exit the CLS menu.
  2. Initially ...

1. CLS transfer does not work. You will see "Bob Kerman is unable to reach [Part]". (HOWEVER, a workaround is related to EVA, described in 3.2 below)
    2. If you select "Allow unrestricted crew transfer" from the menu, transfer will work.
    3. The drop-down "Recover Vessel / Spaceport" tab doesn't drop down anymore.

4. Vessel is detected in CLS menu, but has a different name than the one you saved in the VAB/SPH. Seems to default to "Living Space 1". Regardless of how many separate living spaces you built, there is only "Living Space 1".
      1. If you DO click "Living Space 1" and attempt to EVA:

5. If you DO NOT click "Living Space 1" and attempt EVA (if you did 3.1, you will need to revert flight first):
      1. Kerbal will EVA normally.
      2. Kerbal will be called "Living Space 1" in CLS menu. Switch back to your vessel, and it will be called its part name (e.g. "Mk2 Lander Can") and separate living spaces will appear like normal and be similarly named.
      3. If you board the vessel again, the part name(s) will remain in the CLS menu.
      4. After boarding, you can now transfer normally as CLS intended!:D
      5. EVAing still works too, but the Kebals will always be named "Living Space 1" in the CLS menu.
      6. "Recover Vessel/Spaceport" tab works again.
      7. Still can't exit CLS menu.

[*]Highlighting ...

1. Exists when you attempt a crew transfer, but are different colors than I remember? (orange is the new green?)
  2. Does not exist if you click the vessel name in the CLS menu.

Minor:

1. New Mk3 spaceplane parts can't be transfered to (as expected).
  2. In the new part filters, the "Filter by Module" filter lists all parts that use CLS. However, the icon is just a boring question mark ("?").

Zombie Kerbals called "Unknown Mystery Component" pop into existence a few meters behind the vessel.
An (old?) "Bailed Out!" message appears over the attempted EVAed Kerbal's IVA picture. If you switch vessels ("[" key) and switch back, that Kerbal's IVA picture returns to normal. He does not EVA.
You can safely rename the living space. Zombies will still appear regardless.
There is no highlighting of parts.
Edited by ev0

CLS does not even compile against 0.90, so obviously some fixes are needed. I made a few changes last night that resulted in a few steps forward. In particular the changes to the editor in 0.90 have resulted in some work needed to CLS. I will flush the rest of the problems out when I get a moment, but it is the week before Christmas, so it might have to wait until 26th December.

Edited to add - thanks for the bug reports ev0, that is really helpful.

Hi codepoet,

Just a bit of info for you that I hope will save you a bit of time.

With the release of 0.90 some changes in the assembly Assembly-CSharp have predictably occurred.

In your case you are affected by the following:

1. In module CLSPart.cs you make use of the call SetHighlight(bool). This method has been refined with the current release. A second Boolean parameter has been added to enable recursion.

2. In module CLSAddon.cs you make use of the static Part field EditorLogic.startPod. This field has been removed. Presumably as part of the addition of the ability to change the root node. This in turn implies that it will be possible to construct 'ships' that contain neither a Pod nor a probe module. I think you may find that a useful alternative is to apply your tests to the field EditorLogic.RootPart instead.

Good luck!

Hey codepoet,

I just released a new version of ShipManifest. I found that the highlighting has changed. In particular, as mentioned earlier, part.SetHighlight has changed. more importantly, the SetHighightDefault behaves a bit different, and you must also use the new HighlightType. (always, disabled, and mouseover) you can set this to always on, and when turning off a part, you can set it to on mouse over to revert to normal stock behavior in flight.

I also removed my external delegate function for the part onMouseOver event and am currently using an OnUpdate refresh method. take a look at the source and that may aid you in reworking highlighting. It will be fun to use the new methods... I've got to play with them some more... looks like there is some power there now... :) I may be able to remove my OnUpdate call to UpdateHighlighting.

Hey all,

With codepoet busy and since I'm familiar with his code, I've made some corrections to allow operation in 0.90. Note this is not backwards compatible with earlier versions of KSP, as Squad broke the old method of highlighting with the release of 0.90.0

I've released an interim build of the DLL here: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/ConnectedLivingSpace/releases/tag/1.0.11.0_PJS. This is not a complete plugin, so do not delete your current install... Simply replace the existing DLL with this one in GameData\ConnectedLivingSpace\Plugins

I've also created a pull request on codepoet's github repository for his review. He may or may not use what I've done.

Use at your own risk, but seems to be working fine for me.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Thanks to Papa-Joe's efforts and the advice of others CLS 1.1.0.0 which is compatible with KSP0.90 is now available.

Although I have had to take a less active role in maintaining CLS because of real life commitments I am really thrilled that lots of different folks in the community have contributed keep CLS uptodate - be it coding, testing, writing CKAN stuff for it, pulling it into Realism Overhaul etc. This community to just grand - thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

There seem to be a bug where radially located docking ports don't count as a valid connection (hatches being close or open don't make a difference. Bug can easily be reproduced in the VAB without having to launch ship)

Hi,

There seem to be a bug where radially located docking ports don't count as a valid connection (hatches being close or open don't make a difference. Bug can easily be reproduced in the VAB without having to launch ship)

A radially attached docking will be considered to be attached if the part it is radially attached to allows this. This is by design. I believe that the stock fuselage part allows radial connected parts to be passable, along with a couple of size adapters.

If you want to know more read up on the surfaceAttachmentsPassable and passableWhenSurfaceAttached config options in the config documentation

A radially attached docking will be considered to be attached if the part it is radially attached to allows this. This is by design. I believe that the stock fuselage part allows radial connected parts to be passable, along with a couple of size adapters.

If you want to know more read up on the surfaceAttachmentsPassable and passableWhenSurfaceAttached config options in the config documentation

Ah thanks, I'll have to add some modulemanager configs to make the DMagic labs radial passable then

Hey all,

I'm working on an update to SM to create a Hatch management Window (dashboard). To accomplish this, I'm extending CLS to add an interface for codepoet's ModuleDockingHatch Class. I've forked the code and have most of the changes already working. In addition, I'm updating the highlighting mechanism to make it more friendly to outside mod control. When I complete this I will be creating a pull request for codepoet's review. We have been discussing this for awhile, so I'm hoping to have this completed very soon.

This should NOT affect any existing mods that use CLS, as none of the changes affect existing interfaces. It will, however, allow modders to now directly manage CLS highlighting and hatches from their mods.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Hey all,

I'm working on an update to SM to create a Hatch management Window (dashboard). To accomplish this, I'm extending CLS to add an interface for codepoet's ModuleDockingHatch Class. I've forked the code and have most of the changes already working. In addition, I'm updating the highlighting mechanism to make it more friendly to outside mod control. When I complete this I will be creating a pull request for codepoet's review. We have been discussing this for awhile, so I'm hoping to have this completed very soon.

This should NOT affect any existing mods that use CLS, as none of the changes affect existing interfaces. It will, however, allow modders to now directly manage CLS highlighting and hatches from their mods.

Hey codepoet,

I've published a pull request for the changes I've made to CLS to support hatch management and highlighting. I commented on the changes in the pull request, but PM me if you have any questions or want a compiled version for testing before the merge. My testing shows it works very well, so I'm confident in the code.

Thanks!

Edited by Papa_Joe

Hey codepoet,

I've published a pull request for the changes I've made to CLS to support hatch management and highlighting. I commented on the changes in the pull request, but PM me if you have any questions or want a compiled version for testing before the merge. My testing shows it works very well, so I'm confident in the code.

Thanks!

Thanks for your work Joe. Sunday is always a bit full-on for me, but I will take a look in the next few days, and discuss wth you on email if we need to co-ordinate a release of both mods.

Thanks for your work Joe. Sunday is always a bit full-on for me, but I will take a look in the next few days, and discuss wth you on email if we need to co-ordinate a release of both mods.

Thanks. I know that you are very busy, so take your time. I'm still putting the polish on my next release.