[0.90] [Up for adoption] Connected Living Space v1.1.2.0 (27th Feb 2015) Hatches and Highlighting

codepoet

codepoet, many thanks for what you did with CLS. It brought KSP to a level of realism with building large habitable vessels, it would have never been considered otherwise.

Sorry to see you out of time to keep going with it; hope you will find some for those other add-ons you kept planning about.

Papa_Joe, great to see you taking CLS in your hands.

There were 2 reasons I first removed crew transfers from Ship Manifest at the very beginning of SM's life after Crew Manifest.

1. that sarbian had decided to support crew manifest, (right after I decided to expand on the idea and before I had published anything), and
  2. The fact that crew transfers in crew manifest were essentially a "cheat". There was no way to determine whether or not you could move "inside the vessel".

I had always wanted to create the means to determine living spaces before I added crew back to Ship Manifest. It was my goal after all to create a tool that would be useful for the realism community as well. Lo and behold, codepoet creates an API to do just that and I thought wow... this will save me LOADS of effort.

codepoet and I collaborated on what I would need to integrate his API into ship manifest, and a marriage was born. We had a couple of rough spots with the community after the hard dependency was created, but we learned and evolved, and now CLS is a fine API that has found its place in the realism community. It is a recommended mod for RSS and SETI, along with others.

I am grateful to codepoet both for his efforts for the community and for his friendship. I value both greatly. It is my hope that I continue "in his footsteps" and make him proud of the work I do on his behalf.

Codeoet, CLS is and shall always remain YOUR mod. I'm only a caretaker, dutifully tending the garden that is CLS. I know you are NOT gone, only "on leave", so pop back in from time to time, and "keep me honest" :D

Codepoet and I have worked out the logistics for the next release. I will be publishing a new release soon.

NOTICE: new release of CLS is hosted here (could not get editing rights to this thread due to a vBulletin limitation).

Edited by diomedea
added notice for new CLS thread