[0.23]Baha. Parts for Extraplanetary Launchpads v1.2 (3/2/14)

BahamutoD

No longer supported

BahamutoD's Drills & Parts for EL

xBw9Xca.png

These are a pair of animated augers (one large, one small) for the Extraplanetary Launchpads mod by skykooler and taniwha.

They do not overwrite any parts from the mod and aren't officially part of the mod, just my own addon for them.

-Known 0.23.5 bugs:

-Launchpad dances while being deployed

-3D printer falls through things/things fall through it

Version 1.2

-Added expandable containers

-Added Launchpad

-Added 3D rocket parts printer

Notes: Includes an early version of my Animation Modules plugin that allows the container and 3d printer animations.

I'm not entirely satisfied with the 3D printer yet but I thought I'd let people play with it for now.

Source for the plugin:

bdanimSource0.1.zip

Download:

EL Drills and Parts v1.2 Download

===========================

Javascript is disabled. View full album

New

Javascript is disabled. View full album

==============================

Surface Sample Drill

Also, a science drill was requested. I wanted to make a separate part for that eventually but for now, a rescale and retexture:

FYEyPoK.png

Download Surface Sample Drill (Mediafire)

88x31.png

Edited by BahamutoD

A minor tweak for the proletariat, if you could add the tech tree designators into the config so we can have them in career mode. Otherwise, these look fantabulous.

its just a small .cfg change u can do yourself just add the same sceince part from the augers to these and u good to go. for ksp best to learn atleast basics of modifying .cfg

The launchpad idea is really neat. Not surprised to get such a result from you, man )

However, I'd like to add just a thought - would super to have a launchpad with a possibility to build a rover on it, so it could drive off from a launchpad easily.

Also, hoping for your motivation to create replacements for smelter & rocketparts workshop (at least for them). You are a "Zzz-for-ELP-mod"! Keep it up, man! (and not only in KSP - guitar is nice as well)

Edited by Horus

The main mod is in, at least in my opinion, in desperate need of model rework, so this is perfect. Any plays on adding more?

On another completely separate note. I haven't played the EL mod much, but I have noticed there are several launchpads, and only one of them looks like something that took more then 30 secs in Maya to put together. Are all the launchpads the same when it comes to function?

The main mod is in, at least in my opinion, in desperate need of model rework, so this is perfect. Any plays on adding more?

On another completely separate note. I haven't played the EL mod much, but I have noticed there are several launchpads, and only one of them looks like something that took more then 30 secs in Maya to put together. Are all the launchpads the same when it comes to function?

Amazing work, those augers look really neat!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.