[0.23]Baha. Parts for Extraplanetary Launchpads v1.2 (3/2/14)

BahamutoD

BahamutoD: Something I should mention about pads: it is best if you add a transform that specifies where the rocket should be placed. The transform specifies the "center" and bottom of the rocket. Take a look at the OrbitalDock blend in EL's github repository.

If such a transform is not there, EL will use the part's origin (with an optional offset), but the separate transform gives you more control.

Ah, I used the offset option. Is there anything wrong with the way its setup at the moment?

I haven't looked at your setup, but my comment was more just to make sure you know about the more powerful tool available should you need it (eg, wanting the launch spot offset laterally from the CoM (part origin), rather than just vertically). SpawnHeightOffset puts the control of the position (but only height) in the config file, SpawnTransform puts the control (full 6 DoF) in the model.

i was gonna make a TK Baha (borderlands) reference here but i just saw your full profile name :( i still did it anyway :D

oh if youmind... how do i make parts surface mountable on this? i hate having this but not able to put stuff on the side.... then againit is animated...

just for now how do i amke things surface mountable with the tanks and stuff?

Edited by AntiMatter001

I just downloaded this mod and the models are very cool. My only complaint is that the tweakables seem to be active on the Rocket Parts resource even if I have isTweakable = false. See http://i.imgur.com/gpAu6gU.png and http://i.imgur.com/d5134FI.png for the comparison. The LaunchPad 2 has 4000 rocket parts storage but when Tweakable is off it doesn't show on the part tweakables list. I've compared the two parts but I can't find any differences between the two that would cause this.

Resource def:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION

{

name = RocketParts

density = 0.0025 // parts are very fluffy. 0.5t/m^3

flowMode = ALL_VESSEL

transfer = PUMP

isTweakable = false

}

I've watching you for a while BahamutoD ( :P ) and you have really improved in design and animation!

Love the new expandable rocket parts container + plugin, going to test out launchpad now!

Edit: You might want to update the title to 1.2 so more people come and get the update (like me!)

Edited by Boamere

I just downloaded this mod and the models are very cool. My only complaint is that the tweakables seem to be active on the Rocket Parts resource even if I have isTweakable = false. See http://i.imgur.com/gpAu6gU.png and http://i.imgur.com/d5134FI.png for the comparison. The LaunchPad 2 has 4000 rocket parts storage but when Tweakable is off it doesn't show on the part tweakables list. I've compared the two parts but I can't find any differences between the two that would cause this.

Resource def:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION

{

name = RocketParts

density = 0.0025 // parts are very fluffy. 0.5t/m^3

flowMode = ALL_VESSEL

transfer = PUMP

isTweakable = false

}

I haven't touched anything involving tweakables... Can't say I know whats wrong. =/

I've watching you for a while BahamutoD ( :P ) and you have really improved in design and animation!

Love the new expandable rocket parts container + plugin, going to test out launchpad now!

Edit: You might want to update the title to 1.2 so more people come and get the update (like me!)

Thanks! I forgot about the title..

hey bahamuto, when i first found your drills i thought they looked slightly weird but i couldn't quite put my finger on what was making them weird.

but i just think i figured out what it was, they look like the computer models you get of designs before they're made - good but not quite real.

I reckon they might look a bit more realistic if you reduced the saturation and made it a bit darker.

it's just a suggestion, and they already look fantastic, but i think it will make it look just a tiny bit better.

Fantastic looking drills. I know you've already downsized one and re-textured it to make a smaller surface sample drill, but have you thought about doing the same process again for even smaller probes? Whilst the one you've produced is sterling, it only really looks right on 1m and up ships, and is too large and cumbersome for smaller probes. I know you mentioned that one day you wanted to get around to doing a full redo of the model and texture specifically for a surface sample drill, but an even smaller one would be awesome, if you could do it. Great work :)

This really should be merged and just make a EL multi author affair. Just make sure credit is given and don't lump all your works under the same license so you can do other stuff. Leave the models open to be used elsewhere if needed.

I love the expanding tanks! :) However, I can't help but note that the kethane tank has a ridiculously small capacity relative to its size, compared to the tanks that the kethane mod comes with.

What do you guys think of this animation?

For some reason it's getting an error when embedded, but I can go to the video just fine using the link (helpfully put into my quote above by the forum software)

And I absolutely love that animation. I've already got your printer on a ship heading for Gilly in my YouTube series. If I could show it doing that It'd be pretty sweet :)

I love the expanding tanks! :) However, I can't help but note that the kethane tank has a ridiculously small capacity relative to its size, compared to the tanks that the kethane mod comes with.

This is something I've noticed too. The capacity should be around 10k imho.

More coming...

That workshop looks glorious. Awesome job as always.

This is something I've noticed too. The capacity should be around 10k imho.

Not sure how this one slipped by.

I think I meant it to be 12k but I forgot to type the 1. Its a bit longer and expands to be wider than the kethane tank that holds 8k.

Not sure how this one slipped by.

I think I meant it to be 12k but I forgot to type the 1. Its a bit longer and expands to be wider than the kethane tank that holds 8k.

Great, that means now I can modify the .cfg without feeling like I'm cheating :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.