[0.23]Baha. Parts for Extraplanetary Launchpads v1.2 (3/2/14)

BahamutoD

The workshop look good (although a bit out of line imo), but textures look a bit bland. (but that's probably just the render)

Thanks for the awesome work, cant wait to cra.. I mean use it! :D

How is it a bit out of line? Because it looks a lot like mine? That's the GPL for you. Also, mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery. Better yet, BahamutoD has taken my concept art to the next level.

If you meant something else, fair enough, but I have received comments elsewhere and thought I should make an official comment. EL and its models are GPL which means anybody is free to use them as they please so long as they remain GPL. Also, I am flattered that BahamutoD liked my concept enough to expand it as he did.

I just wish KSP didn't have that airlock-CoM distance bug. I wanted the airlocks to be on the sides :/.

aww dang this awesome stuff makes me want to download this mod so bad even though i am nearing my memory limit already

I use this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-Release-2-15-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs%21

Helps a lot! I'm running B9 AND NovaPunch AND these and half a million other things and I've not even broke 3 gigs memory used by the game.

No, what I meant here is that imo his other models have different style and this one is.. standing out.

Fair enough. Trouble is, "out of line" tends to refer to inappropriate behavior, thus the misunderstanding.

I use this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-Release-2-15-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs%21

Helps a lot! I'm running B9 AND NovaPunch AND these and half a million other things and I've not even broke 3 gigs memory used by the game.

the sad thing is i have that installed and i am using the aggressive variant

Hey BahutamoD are you going to release those animated engines?

And maybe a smaller smelter?

Really glad that you are creating nicer looking parts for EL :D

There is a great furnace here. I didn't like the white texture so I loaded it into Gimp and inversed the colors and love it. You can see it on my Crazy Gilly Space Train here:

088_crazy_gilly_space_train.jpg

Edited by 5thHorseman
The furnace has its own thread, so I changed my link.

hey bahamuto, a long while ago some guy made a smelter using a poodle engine and changing some of the fuel intake settings to make it into liquid fuel powered smeltery.

I was wondering if you'd make something similar, but with its own texture

• 2 weeks later...
There is a great furnace here. I didn't like the white texture so I loaded it into Gimp and inversed the colors and love it. You can see it on my Crazy Gilly

Just subscribed to your channel and that color change to the furnace is awesome. I've been doing KSO videos and am just starting to use rescaled baha parts! love these things.

Uhmm, I think you have Infinite Dice's Skillful Combat mod installed.

oh ya, that'l probably be it *facepalm

it's just so many things where going wrong with my ksp that day, that i just had no idea

(

-encase your interested in things going wrong)

So it's been a while since I've updated or worked on this, but I will get back to it soon. I have a question for you all: has anyone who tried using the expanding containers ever experienced a weird wobble? I was using the ore container on a drill rover; it was fine once on the ground, but in the launch vehicle it had this glitchy looking wobble. I wonder if it was a collision mesh issue or just something wrong with my LV design. Anyway let me know if you've experienced this as well so I can try fixing it.

H4i7dNC.png

edit: I think I fixed the collision mesh. It'll be in the next update just in case.

Edited by BahamutoD

Awesome mobile mining setup you've got there man, looks very similar to my own setup, though mine uses 4 very small Fission Reactor/generator units attached radially so I wouldn't have to worry about power station alignment (they are slightly custom parts, as the models are actually AArtisan's .625m fission reactors that i wrote up as parts and slightly rescaled, while the generators are repurposed laser drives). I just want to thank you for putting the amount of work you have into these parts, they really are VERY impressive.

Had an intresting glitch probably as a result of 23.5 and various mod updates. The 3d printer seemed to loose its collision and caused an unplanned disassembly of all parts attached to that module of the station. Intrestingly its still sort of conected to the docking port as it springs back under time warp but flys off agian once it comes off rails. I loaded up a copy of that module on the launchpad and it just fell through the ship, and then the planet. Completely replacing the 3d printer with a fresh copy dragged out of the sidebar does not exhibit the abnormal behavior. Seems as if whatever happend is limited to preexisting craft, both saved and in flight. New construction shouldnt be an issue. Thankfuly I had a second construction dock to replace the one taken out by the printers disassembly.

Heres a copy of the buggy craft file if your intrested, not sure if its something unique to my install or if it will happen for you as well.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by merendel

Bahamuto, why does that picture of the rover look like its had some effects added in post?

Is it because u have changed something, or is there some awesome mod that your totaly gonna link here because it looks awesome.

It's just a little bit of photoshop :P.

most of the parts that aren't his own are from KSP Interstellar and KAS, I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Does anyone know yet how the joint changes affect Bahamuto's parts if at all? I might check later if nobody knows.

Had an intresting glitch probably as a result of 23.5 and various mod updates. The 3d printer seemed to loose its collision and caused an unplanned disassembly of all parts attached to that module of the station. Intrestingly its still sort of conected to the docking port as it springs back under time warp but flys off agian once it comes off rails. I loaded up a copy of that module on the launchpad and it just fell through the ship, and then the planet. Completely replacing the 3d printer with a fresh copy dragged out of the sidebar does not exhibit the abnormal behavior. Seems as if whatever happend is limited to preexisting craft, both saved and in flight. New construction shouldnt be an issue. Thankfuly I had a second construction dock to replace the one taken out by the printers disassembly.

Heres a copy of the buggy craft file if your intrested, not sure if its something unique to my install or if it will happen for you as well.

http://imgur.com/a/CvLcr

I haven't had a chance to install 23.5 yet, so I wont be able to look into it until tonight. That is a strange bug though, and nothing immediately comes to mind as to what would cause it. However, if I'm understanding you correctly, it only happens on that one craft, and if you rebuild it, it doesn't happen? It would help if you could find a way to reproduce the bug from scratch. Thanks.

I haven't had a chance to install 23.5 yet, so I wont be able to look into it until tonight. That is a strange bug though, and nothing immediately comes to mind as to what would cause it. However, if I'm understanding you correctly, it only happens on that one craft, and if you rebuild it, it doesn't happen? It would help if you could find a way to reproduce the bug from scratch. Thanks.

You understand correctly. Seems like it was something in the conversion to 23.5 or one of the mod updates that somehow corrupted existing parts/ships but any new ones dont exibit the behavior. I've seen a few other mods over the last few patches that had some weirdness with old parts but new ones worked fine. Mostly just reported it because it was so weird and thought you might like to know even if its not something you can do anything about.

Happends for me too, but on a newly created craft. Happends everytime you go out to the launch pad.

Mods installed: EL, Kethane, Procedural Fairings, Blizzy78's Toolbar, EditorExtensions, KAS, MechJeb2. Only used EL and MechJeb parts on the craft, EditorExtensions and the Toolbar were of course active in the VAB.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.