The Space Shuttle- KSP short

ABAthedude

I thought that music was familiar :)

I like your vid, especially the re-entry view - could you extend it to show a landing scene?

Someone said this in another thread aswell, I didn't include the landing because I just don't have a good way (yet) to make it look smooth and realistic, using WASD just makes it look horrible. :P

Wow! That's very nice. Good work!

Hey, by the way, what program are you using for video editing? And how did you make that x-shaped lens flare?

Again, awesome little short!

Universe

Thanks! I use Sony Vegas and After Effects with optical flares plugin to make that "x-shaped" flare :)

Give me all of it!

Sorry, real life got in the way of my posting.

-The first re-entry shot from the cockpit is too long. If your short was much longer it would be easier to justify.

-For the last scene, did you do that with hack gravity? I could be wrong, but the vessel just sitting in the atmosphere instead of moving is a little disorienting.

-The second shot with the "cross" has impossible lens flare - I'm not going to get super-spergy about it, but for a flare like that it should go across the frame.

. I'm not sure about the rainbow flare in the first shot with the cross, I think that is a frame-wide thing as well, but I haven't encountered it in any of my lenses so I'm not sure.

-The shot with the shuttle entering the atmosphere, as it turns into a white speck, should have the over-exposed portion coming from the silhouette of the craft.

I liked the sweeping exterior shots quite a bit. I know it's very hard to make a convincing interior scene, but I liked that you included it, it added variety. When you make sweeping shots be a little more bold; in the first sweep, the planetary horizon starts under the shuttle, but that horizon doesn't go above the shuttle before the shot ends. It almost gets there but not quite. The second sweep is a bit odd looking - I don't know if you can fool with field-of-view/focal length however you were recording, but the second sweep would've benefitted from a narrower FOV with how it was being composed.

The camera motion is pretty rad, you've got a good feel for it. The interior scenes, though long, look like the vessel is rocking in re entry. The exteriors in space look like they were done by an EVA spaceman with some EVA Steadicam. I -do- want to see what you make next even if the wall of text makes it look otherwise

Sorry, real life got in the way of my posting.

-The first re-entry shot from the cockpit is too long. If your short was much longer it would be easier to justify.

-For the last scene, did you do that with hack gravity? I could be wrong, but the vessel just sitting in the atmosphere instead of moving is a little disorienting.

-The second shot with the "cross" has impossible lens flare - I'm not going to get super-spergy about it, but for a flare like that it should go across the frame.

. I'm not sure about the rainbow flare in the first shot with the cross, I think that is a frame-wide thing as well, but I haven't encountered it in any of my lenses so I'm not sure.

-The shot with the shuttle entering the atmosphere, as it turns into a white speck, should have the over-exposed portion coming from the silhouette of the craft.

I liked the sweeping exterior shots quite a bit. I know it's very hard to make a convincing interior scene, but I liked that you included it, it added variety. When you make sweeping shots be a little more bold; in the first sweep, the planetary horizon starts under the shuttle, but that horizon doesn't go above the shuttle before the shot ends. It almost gets there but not quite. The second sweep is a bit odd looking - I don't know if you can fool with field-of-view/focal length however you were recording, but the second sweep would've benefitted from a narrower FOV with how it was being composed.

The camera motion is pretty rad, you've got a good feel for it. The interior scenes, though long, look like the vessel is rocking in re entry. The exteriors in space look like they were done by an EVA spaceman with some EVA Steadicam. I -do- want to see what you make next even if the wall of text makes it look otherwise

Most of what you say is right, I appreciate the feedback immensely, thank you! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.