APOLLO (SATURN-V with F1 & J2, APOLLO CSM, LEM, LLRV). by OLDD (v.1.4. 09.05.14)

DennyTX

"The Eagle has landed" © Neil Armstrong.

[TABLE=width: 800, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]LOAcMyX.jpg[/TD]

[TD=align: center]9ph4eeVl.jpgMXmexU1.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

SATURN-V-APOLLO

(spaceport link)

v. 1.4.

VAB

Javascript is disabled. View full album

LAUNCH

TRANSMUN

OVER MUN

LLRV

5FXvvID.png

LEM

Lunar Excursion Module clip

How to EVA using IVA

Gemini Lander clip

Features:

1. Interactive IVA. A lot of movable-pushable tumblers. Some of it perform something useful.

2. All lamps in IVA shows different systems status.

3. Commander can move in module. From seat to hatch. From seat to docking window. And just into module.

4. EVA possible only from IVA. After hatch will be opened.

5. Navigational landing mirror.

6. Native instruments (+ some stocks)

7. Supports TAC Life support mod.

8. Old style working TV screen.

9. Some eastern eggs.

10. Nodes attach parts.

11. Parts icon. (yes, i love more icons)

12. Several science devices for deployment and vessel science reports.

13. Own docking devices: mother for LEM and father for any second vessel.

14. Flight dynamis tuned to real one. Flight carefully.

PLANS:

1. Dust particles landing effect (see album for its example)

2. Suspension legs.

3. Apollo CSM.

4. Saturn-V.

5. ASTP docking device

6. Skylab.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks for Alexustas and Frizzank for their consultations and support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gemini Lander interior v.0.1 (for FASA)

DOWNLOAD from MEDIAFIRE

DOWNLOAD from DROPBOX

SATURN-V, APOLLO CSM, LEM (v.1.4.)

DOWNLOAD from MEDIAFIRE

DOWNLOAD from DROPBOX

Delete previos versions before installing. Just extract in game folder. Crafts files included.

NOTE! Also if you have FASA pack you must remove CSM docking device, LEM itself and LEM's internals folders from FASA directory. Otherwise you will have unexpected issues.

RasterPropMonitor package version 0.14 or later is REQUIRED. (Without it, IVA mostly won’t function at all.)

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement Solves some wobbling problems. (seems like no needs in struts)

VNG is optional. but good choice too.

TAC life support is optional. but Oxygen could be shown on IVA instruments

Hangar Extender is optional, can be helpful

Reflection plugin is good enuff and adds some effects

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACHTUNG! ATTENTION! Atención! Attenzione! Animum adhibe! انتبه! Òýøüðýøõ!

Hatch for EVA must be opened from IVA for exit. Click handles on the hatch. Otherwise you will get "hatch is obstruced" message.

How to assemble

[B]10.05.14 - V.1.4. F1 and J2 power increased a bit again. Skylab style Fairing has been added. Some texture changings.
[/B]28.04.14 - v.1.2. Science now works. Ascent Engine accessible. SATURN engines tuned.
11.04.14 - SATURN-V and APOLLO CSM, tuned LEM. v.1.1.07.04.14 - SATURN-V and APOLLO CSM, tuned LEM. v.1.0.
07.03.14 - LEM v.0.23
03.03.14 - Gemini Interior for FASA v.0.1
23.02.14 - LEM v.0.2
16.02.14 - LEM v.0.1. - initial relise

licencse

88x31.png

Edited by DennyTX
version 1.4.

very awful but....

Here we have main control units - movable throttle/translation controller, movable joystick (attitude controller), and navigational landing mirror visible from command place.

Also all tumblers that are darker than other - are movable and controls different systems. Round lamps - shows system's status. Some systems must be turned on for work.

Below panel we have exit hatch.

LEFT SIDE

1. Round Oxygen counter. 31 - same, but linear. (TAC life support currently)

2. TV screen and its ON/OFF tumblers. Currently signal comes only from one builtin camera (over hatch).

3. Vertical velocity indicators. Left - the upward direction (Green). Right - downward (Red). Its brightness depends of the speed. If both off - there we have the machine hovering relatively motionless (vertical velocity is in 1-(-1) m/s range).

4. Thrust/translation controller assembly. Moving depends of your keyboard commands.

5. Hatch opener.

6. Internal light switch.

7. Engine start / stage separation.

8. Commander moves to hatch.

9. "Hatch is open" indicator.

COMMANDER PLACE

PILOT PLACE

RIGHT SIDE

Edited by DennyTX

From what it looks like in your imgur album, take off would be with the landing engine? I'm not sure if you are going for a realistic lander, in which case, the ascent stage has it's own engine. In either case, VERY good job on the modelling, and the IVA!

Nice! Congrats on this project. You say noded attach. So this one is modular ( separate ascent/descent ) and the one Frizzank has is not? Also...

no. Frizzank prefer surface attach of parts, i'm - node attach.

Dust. well, just dust from surface while landing. Seems like it gotta be possible, but still gathering info.

From what it looks like in your imgur album, take off would be with the landing engine? I'm not sure if you are going for a realistic lander, in which case, the ascent stage has it's own engine. In either case, VERY good job on the modelling, and the IVA!

If you look better you'll there's a smaller ascent engine just beneath the cockpit, above the large descent engine.

Looking good! I was wondering whether you are using the new shiny shaders and, if no, whether you are planning to. I feel the LEM would be the one vehicle that benefits a lot from them.

Great work, I have a hunch this will be a staple vehicle for many.

Edit: apparently Frizzank tried this and found it causes lag. Sad panda is sad.

Edited by Camacha

Looking good! I was wondering whether you are using the new shiny shaders and, if no, whether you are planning to. I feel the LEM would be the one vehicle that benefits a lot from them.

Great work, I have a hunch this will be a staple vehicle for many.

Edit: apparently Frizzank tried this and found it causes lag. Sad panda is sad.

I think Frizzank has it working pretty good now,I haven,t had a problem running the Reflection Shader.

The shader works on a per part basis so each part would have to render it's own camera for reflections and cube maps for each part. Meaning that for each part the cost of using the reflection shader goes up exponentially. This gives you about 5 to 7 parts is the max limit for parts with the reflection shader on it for the average system.

The lem is covered in gold foil on about 6 or 7 parts depending on the configuration. This would be ok but then you add the CSM and its fuel tank, that's 2 more still acceptable. Now the J2 engines. That is 5 on stage two and 1 on stage three. Most of that goes away after launch but most of the frame rate impact is on the pad anyways. All of that and it starts to impact performance baddy. I didn't think it was worth it and it only provided a subtle reflection anyways.

You are free to add the reflection in the CFG assuming the alpha map in the texture is set up correctly. That is entirely up to DennyTX.

Also.

Im reverting the legs back to the node system and providing surface attachable one as well, most seem to like it that way. I just like the way the legs look on my custom probe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.