APOLLO (SATURN-V with F1 & J2, APOLLO CSM, LEM, LLRV). by OLDD (v.1.4. 09.05.14)

DennyTX

Wow that is one sexy Saturn V. One thing that bugs me is the red on the escape tower because IIRC that was white(I have a 1/100 model). Other than that it is spot on. Also will this be included in FASA? :D

This also has been said on the previous page. See post #112 and #116.

some troubles in staging has been found because of tricky configuration between LEM, CSM and S-IVB.

what does stageOffset and ChildStageOffset really means. Stage before and stage after, right?

but what is before ?

i thought - placed lower. Attached to node-stack bottom. because ignited before mother-stage. right?

also, somebody has troubles with fuelCrossFeed = False ? Seems like dont work. I have Instrument Unit (individual item) ontop S-IVB and between SLA (SLA with fuelCrossFeed = False too) with LEM attached.

but S-IVB J-2 engine eats fuel from LEM descent stage fuel tank. wtf?

From the wiki:

stageOffset and childStageOffset - Can be 0, 1, etc. defines whether this part will create a new stage before or after itself, or both (as do decouplers). This only applies for the automatically generated staging sequence.

And maybe there should be a decoupler between the Instrument Unit and the LEM?

Odd, indeed. KSP documentation of these features is sketchy at best, I suggest you just take stuff from stock parts that use them. Since Saturn V staging is lineal, it should work, even with dual-plane separation. I don't know how to force ullage motors to stage before the engine, I suggest you ignore that, people can rearrange staging later. Retros should have stage sorting data identical to a decoupler, I think.

For fuelCrossFeed = False, did you make sure to place it before the offsets and after maxTemp? This might matter, though I'm not sure, really. This is definitely a weird bug, never had that one before.

From the wiki:

And maybe there should be a decoupler between the Instrument Unit and the LEM?

it is. SLA is a double decoupler with 3 nodes. Top node - for deattachment CSM, central node - LEM (it attached by its docking cone), bottom node - for attachment to S-IVB instrument unit (without decouple). So - there is no direct attachment between S-IVB and LEM. But S-IVB eats fuel from LEM tanks.

Does it only eat fuel from the LEM, and not from the CSM? That would suggest that fuel crossfeed blocking only works between two nodes. Could you try renaming the LEM node to bottom, and the IU node to something else? Such oddities occasionally happen in KSP...

it is. SLA is a double decoupler with 3 nodes. Top node - for deattachment CSM, central node - LEM (it attached by its docking cone), bottom node - for attachment to S-IVB instrument unit (without decouple). So - there is no direct attachment between S-IVB and LEM. But S-IVB eats fuel from LEM tanks.

You have to add the line

allowCrossfeed = false

to the cfg file of the SLA.

No link yet? I though it was just an uploading problem or have we hit snags?

please read before posting.

some troubles in staging has been found because of tricky configuration between LEM, CSM and S-IVB.

what does stageOffset and ChildStageOffset really means. Stage before and stage after, right?

but what is before ?

i thought - placed lower. Attached to node-stack bottom. because ignited before mother-stage. right?

also, somebody has troubles with fuelCrossFeed = False ? Seems like dont work. I have Instrument Unit (individual item) ontop S-IVB and between SLA (SLA with fuelCrossFeed = False too) with LEM attached.

but S-IVB J-2 engine eats fuel from LEM descent stage fuel tank. wtf?

I'm just going to give my own opinion here, but I think that the CM is going a little heavy on the bump map. Might I suggest that you smooth out the ridges. Also, it would look awesome (and add a touch of realisim) if you made the CM reflective with the reflection plugin used on the FASA pack.

What's the diameter of the CM?

It is like stock Mk1-2 Pod. 2.5 m. all has been scaled like LEM. LEM has been scaled for FASA parts (56%)

So, SATURN-V S-IC stage has 5m diameter.

With 642 tons launch mass and 6680 total deltaV it is capable to place on low Kerbin's orbit (75 km) up to 56 tons complex, consisting from S-IVB + APOLLO CSM + LEM + SLA with enough fuel to go to Mun

I tried to copy real Saturn-V flight path.

Edited by DennyTX

DennyTX what all do we need for the craft files to work keep getting invalid parts on them tryed in 2 diffrant installs.

Yup craft files are borked, I also have all tech unlocked and researched and the craft files won't load, In the mean time i am trying manual assembly.

I did twice, but to no avail do I see where he was not uploading due to problems. Do you see that anywhere in that post?

yeah. Mod makers usually don't upload something if it's bugged to hell and back. If they do upload something like that, there's a label called "BETA" and they say "uploaded." I see you're relatively new here, so I'll let this slip. Now enjoy the Saturn V. I demand it!

yeah. Mod makers usually don't upload something if it's bugged to hell and back. If they do upload something like that, there's a label called "BETA" and they say "uploaded." I see you're relatively new here, so I'll let this slip. Now enjoy the Saturn V. I demand it!

Well since you asked nicely I will! But I do have one problem, where are the parachutes? Are they built in or something I'm not seeing them.(could this be why the .craft files are not working?) And BTW Denny Nice work man it looks GREAT!!!!

Edited by Woodstar

well.

i have FASA and MJ installed and used some its sience instruments. and it are in craft files. my bad.

changed.

parachutes r still in work. faced some troubles with it. i used to use 2 radial stock.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.