APOLLO (SATURN-V with F1 & J2, APOLLO CSM, LEM, LLRV). by OLDD (v.1.4. 09.05.14)

DennyTX

So I still cannot do any stock science with OLDD in gamedata. Im guessing its a conflict with the custom science configs. Is there a fix for this?

I'm using crowd sourced science and it works fine, do you have FASA? If so I think you have to delete some files, the instructions for that is on page one in the OP.

Denny, got another project for you to add to the Saturn V project.

Have you heard of IMIS.... http://www.astronautix.com/craft/imis1968.htm - Basically it was the proposal to stick NERVA engines to stage 3 of a Saturn V and then strap 5 of them together to make a Mars/Venus capable craft. The nuke engine already in KSP is perfect match but doesn't connect to stage 3 right so that should be a quick fix of shifting the connection node up a little, and then the big project would be making the MEM and the housings for it.

zmem69.jpg

zmisf07.gif

EEM = Earth Entry Module, MM = Mission Module, MEM = Mars Entry Module

zmem69b.jpg

Oh and the reason I have gone IMIS nuts... when I was a kid I used to collect tea cards for a collection called Race Into Space... this was back in the early 70's when Brooke Bond Tea used to have a cards included free inside their packets of Tea. Kids used to collect and swap them (another reason us brits used to drink so much tea lol). Sadly I lost track where my collection ended up but I think I had the whole lot and used to really love it when I got a card that I needed. But the real reason I remember it was the IMIS mission picture on the front...

race.jpg

I'm using crowd sourced science and it works fine, do you have FASA? If so I think you have to delete some files, the instructions for that is on page one in the OP.

I've deleted all the parts instructed in the op. Still no science.

What about the props? Or maybe an incompatibility with DMagic?

Edited by Motokid600

Yo Denny, finally decided to mess around with your textures :sticktongue:

Making your S-IVB's color inline with Frizz's Saturn IB. And i found you are sharing some parts of the same texture with S-II & S-IVB, so i tried mu edit so S-II & S-IV B have different main texture. Also edited the normal maps so those seams are less visible, which imo is very weired to see'em regarding the huge size of the rocket. The result is not best but good enough for my own fun. :cool:

ScreenShot-20140501-205015001.jpgScreenShot-20140501-205137001.jpg

ScreenShot-20140501-210034001.jpg

ScreenShot-20140501-211745001.jpg

love the ways the engines glow, look best right after shutdown!

Yo Denny, finally decided to mess around with your textures :sticktongue:

Making your S-IVB's color inline with Frizz's Saturn IB. And i found you are sharing some parts of the same texture with S-II & S-IVB, so i tried mu edit so S-II & S-IV B have different main texture. Also edited the normal maps so those seams are less visible, which imo is very weired to see'em regarding the huge size of the rocket. The result is not best but good enough for my own fun. :cool:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/mygameshot/ksp/ScreenShot-20140501-205015001.jpghttp://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/mygameshot/ksp/ScreenShot-20140501-205137001.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/mygameshot/ksp/ScreenShot-20140501-210034001.jpg

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n113/mygameshot/ksp/ScreenShot-20140501-211745001.jpg

love the ways the engines glow, look best right after shutdown!

The License. In short, I'm pretty sure you can release those modified textures so long as you give Denny credit. I'm pretty sure people are going to want to try your texture edits out. I'm also pretty sure my name is not Shirley.

Arrgh... Found the separator... in the utility section *facepalm* (you really need to put these parts in the correct sections as separators should be in the structure section).

My real problem though is that darned problematic docking cone. Totally refuses to attach to the docking cone hole.

I love your Apollo Denny, but this latest release is a real problem for me. I've gone back to 1.1 for the time being. At least that one flies perfect for me...

well, i'll change separator place to structure section in next update. hope this will not break saves.

and i cant understand the problem with docking cone. i changed attach nodes a bit, and, to my mind, its placement and targetting becomes more easy.

What's the 1.3 changelog? Did you just remove the LRV, or was there any other change?

Also, nice work on the BPC and struts. The canards on the LES still look like Orion ones (Apollo ones were unfolding parts of the nosecone) and it is still missing the separation and pitchover motors. While the latter is well replaced by overpowered stock reaction wheels (if you want real challenge, you could try modelling capsule RCS more precisely and disabling the wheels), I did jury-rig the former with separatrons clipped into the LES. Makes ditching it much smoother, especially on abort.

okay, currently i do soviet N-1 and Energy, but comes back to SATURN tuning sometimes ;). i'll try to redesign items someday.

I fly myself without reaction wheels, but folks says it is too hard and because of this i placed it in cfgs.

well, i'll update relise with craft files soon

Edited by DennyTX

Bug Report/ Hot fix: If you have FASA and OLDD installed, and you are using the OLDD LEM instead of the FASA LEM, the props in the ascent stage may be buggy.

Image of proof.

In order to fix this, delete the prop folder in FASA. That folder just holds the props for the LEM ascent stage for FASA, not anything else (currently). As to why this is causing this bug, no idea.

ALSEP devices on its places (surface attached)

NO, not for Bobcat's LER. I doing my own replica lunar rover.

How do you use these devices? I think you need to be able to remove them from the LEM and place them on the surface somehow.

How do you use these devices? I think you need to be able to remove them from the LEM and place them on the surface somehow.

You need to have Kerbal Attachment System to grab/drop/attach objects. Both LRV and ALSEP. If you have it installed you walk up to the ALSEP/LRV devices and right click on it and chose "Grab" so your Kerbal can carry them. But the LRV is not operative at this time. It seems to be a WIP.

You need to have Kerbal Attachment System to grab/drop/attach objects. Both LRV and ALSEP. If you have it installed you walk up to the ALSEP/LRV devices and right click on it and chose "Grab" so your Kerbal can carry them. But the LRV is not operative at this time. It seems to be a WIP.

LRV: Ah crap - that was one of the things I was excited to try!

well, i'll change separator place to structure section in next update. hope this will not break saves.

and i cant understand the problem with docking cone. i changed attach nodes a bit, and, to my mind, its placement and targetting becomes more easy.

I could have sworn I posted a reply... must not have hit enter as I was doing several things at once.

Anyway, it turned out that you had to attach the Ascent Capsule to the docking port and not the other way around. Originally I started with the Ascent Capsule and was just adding the bits to it so I could have a separate LEM... but the docking cone wouldn't stick to the Ascent capsule. In the end I started with a Staysputnick, added the docking cone underneath it and then stuck the Ascent Capsule to that.... and it worked. Sometimes the attachment nodes confuse the hell out of me.

Sorry if I sounded a bit exasperated in my earlier post (the one with me doing a facepalm). I knew it should work but just couldn't figure out why it wasn't sticking.

Is there any chance you could model Skylab it was originally built with apollo leftovers would be awesome if you could

already done. but... not enuff mana for relise.

also, still poor internal.

Arrgh... Found the separator... in the utility section *facepalm* (you really need to put these parts in the correct sections as separators should be in the structure section).

My real problem though is that darned problematic docking cone. Totally refuses to attach to the docking cone hole.

OK I can't get this to go together at all. I wish someone would put a completed craft file up. I can't get the cone to fit then get the LEM can to go on that at all.

Here's the part I'm stuck at: Add CSM-LEM deployment device (utility) to SM engine, than attach LEM's docking cone to central node.

Finish LEM with Red cap on descent engine (utility) otherwise MJ will do joking.

I can't get the cone to fit then get the LEM can to go on it and be able to fit on the deployment device. I could really use some help. This is an amazing looking mod though

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.