APOLLO (SATURN-V with F1 & J2, APOLLO CSM, LEM, LLRV). by OLDD (v.1.4. 09.05.14)

DennyTX

I'm having a problem with the first stage. I take off and when I get to about 6000m the craft just implodes and pieces go spinning everywhere or explode. When I look at the flight details it says structural failure on tons of parts. It is not overheating also I checked. Any help?

well, i'm on the way to check all in new KSP version.

also, do u have kerbalJointReinforceent installed?

as i heard, FAR and RSS can also cause a problem. i didnt do adaptation myself, but heard that it are on forum.

Edited by DennyTX

Want to report something that should probably be in the red text about FASA's incompatibilities on the OP.

\FASA\Apollo\Resources\ScienceDefs.cfg MUST be deleted or all science everywhere will be lost! Quite literally, every science experiment from Crew Reports to Gravioli scans will no longer show up when you right click the modules, simply because FASA has a duplicate ScienceDefs.cfg

I love this mod so much. It's beautiful. When I try to fly it, though, I get an error from RPM saying "Initialization Error, Check Configuration." Is this something I did wrong or is there another issue? I can post a log file if needed.

I love this mod so much. It's beautiful. When I try to fly it, though, I get an error from RPM saying "Initialization Error, Check Configuration." Is this something I did wrong or is there another issue? I can post a log file if needed.

seems like i got needing to update it, because of some changes in RPM in its last versions. with new knowledge i got last 3 months i redid all meshes, added some new functions (and dependensies) and i hope - detalisation of models will grows up. despite this models becomes more lighter, i think new version will be 1.5 times lighter than current one. But saves will be broken ;(.

seems like i got needing to update it, because of some changes in RPM in its last versions. with new knowledge i got last 3 months i redid all meshes, added some new functions (and dependensies) and i hope - detalisation of models will grows up. despite this models becomes more lighter, i think new version will be 1.5 times lighter than current one. But saves will be broken ;(.

I was just coming here to post this, glad to see you're working on it. I love this mod more than all others and most all my rockets are based off the LEM/CM setup. Keep it going!

As for the error with the RPM - I think I found if you stage once somewhere, the error goes away. Now just to make it not happen at all to begin with!

DennyTX: while you're working on this (yay! :) ) I have a question about the heatshield. I notice it has pegs, but I've never seen the actual capsule's heatshield with pegs. Were you maybe modeling it after a display model that had pegs for mounting?

DennyTX: while you're working on this (yay! :) ) I have a question about the heatshield. I notice it has pegs, but I've never seen the actual capsule's heatshield with pegs. Were you maybe modeling it after a display model that had pegs for mounting?

well, if you speaking about black pegs - i saw it only on blueprints, and as i have read, it must be burned out while descending. also, it itself does not support pegs, it are just amortisation gasket

Edited by DennyTX

I like it. Did you improve the LES functionality? I mean mostly using Apollo-style canards (the current ones look like they were off the Orion) and a separation motor.

c134b.gif

I like it. Did you improve the LES functionality? I mean mostly using Apollo-style canards (the current ones look like they were off the Orion) and a separation motor.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/pao/History/SP-4205/images/c134b.gif

yup. added. seems like i found a way to activate separation motors without additional stage. If it works, LES will be updated too/

Oh, by the way, just started using your mod over the FASA version, and I have a couple observations. Number 1, the Apollo heat shield should not be ejectable. They never ever ejected the heat shield of Apollo capsules. They weren't built to do that.

Number 2, I had this little glitch with the LEM IVA. Freddo Kerman seems quite enamoured of it.

iQYYA5D.png

And yes, I made sure to purge the FASA Apollo components.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

Oh, by the way, just started using your mod over the FASA version, and I have a couple observations. Number 1, the Apollo heat shield should not be ejectable. They never ever ejected the heat shield of Apollo capsules. They weren't built to do that.

Number 2, I had this little glitch with the LEM IVA. Freddo Kerman seems quite enamoured of it.

http://i.imgur.com/iQYYA5D.png

And yes, I made sure to purge the FASA Apollo components.

well, such bugs will be fixed in upcoming version (i hope), but i dunno what doing this. i never saw such bug myself. new RPM i guess is the occasion.

also, of course, i know about real Apollo heatshield. and this was a long thoughts - should game's heatshield plays jettisonable (for visual purposes) or not. I'm russian and i prefer jettisonable shields ;) Ok, still dont sure how it must be in game. If u want, u can just remove decoupling module from config.

... also, of course, i know about real Apollo heatshield. and this was a long thoughts - should game's heatshield plays jettisonable (for visual purposes) or not. I'm russian and i prefer jettisonable shields ;) Ok, still dont sure how it must be in game. If u want, u can just remove decoupling module from config.

I guessed that's why you had it jettisonable. No worries! Artistic choices are just as valid as technical ones in this game. I'll just edit the config file. Excellent work on the mod, by the way. The detail is incredible. :cool:

well, such bugs will be fixed in upcoming version (i hope), but i dunno what doing this. i never saw such bug myself. new RPM i guess is the occasion.

also, of course, i know about real Apollo heatshield. and this was a long thoughts - should game's heatshield plays jettisonable (for visual purposes) or not. I'm russian and i prefer jettisonable shields ;) Ok, still dont sure how it must be in game. If u want, u can just remove decoupling module from config.

Any thoughts as to when the update would come?

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to the RasterPropMonitor initialization error, I think I finally got the debug message for it in hopes you can provide a simple fix while you work on the latest update. In the debug console, it says:

RasterPropMonitor: Trying to locate "JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD/MDF40x15004" in GameDatabase...

[Error]: RasterPropMonitor: INITIALIZATION ERROR, CHECK CONFIGURATION.

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This is with the latest RasterPropMonitor and the latest version of your mod.

I would assume this just means that something was moved in the hierarchy of RPM and you just need to tweak some config file to either remove it temporarily or something like this.

Thanks again for one of the best looking mods out!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.