APOLLO (SATURN-V with F1 & J2, APOLLO CSM, LEM, LLRV). by OLDD (v.1.4. 09.05.14)

DennyTX

When do you start your turn and what inclination are you using

@Denny any chance we can just get the fix for the LEM if your busy

Using my normal FAR launch (start gradually turning at 1500 so im at about 55deg at 5000) along the equator

EDIT: I remembered I don't have FAR on this install.

Edited by kizentheslayer

When do you start your turn and what inclination are you using

@Denny any chance we can just get the fix for the LEM if your busy

What is broke ?

EDIT- I don't have that problem must be a mod conflict.

EDIT- you getting any error messages ?

Edited by Mecripp2

Brilliant stuff, I downloaded this earlier without first checking the mod "dependencies" and was forced to uninstall it do to severe stage wobbling. Now that I see that there was a mod available to fix this, I am more motivated to reinstall this. Say, if you are not working on anything right now or when you are done with whatever you are working on at the moment, would it be possible for you to do the Saturn V's little brother, the Saturn 1-B. I know that there is one in the FASA pack, but I am not too pleased with the fact that every manned mission with is ends up being a suborbital one (fuel burns too quickly)

Edited by Sampa
wrong version of the word "to"

This is realistic, you need to remove some fuel from the CSM, just like they did for a real Saturn IB.

I tried almost everything with the FASA pack, but the engines were doing the burning far to fast to the point that I had given up on theirs and want one made by OLDD since it is known for realistic fuel burn

• 3 weeks later...

Nice. But is too much details in the shapes and very low detail of textures... and speaking about design, it's not compatible with stock parts. So, it would be best to review design. But, in generally it is a great work. Keep working on!

...and about textures in IVA - russian painter (strange, dont so?) had very bad day, when wrote inscription as like "XYN"?

What are you talking about I think its the best Saturn V replica made its not supposed to be stock part compatible its a replica

yup, indeed. as i told b4, i playing myself with most squad parts removed and using only handmaded replica stuff.

Hello! Have anyone tried using OLDD Saturn V with Realism Overhaul mod? If yes, did anyone have a problem, where the game couldn't load the craft file. When i click on a craft, the game loads only a command module (which i can't move at all) and the craft name on top changes "Vessel Name" and none of the part categories in the editor are available. Can anyone answer what's wrong, please?

Yes, I had this issue with another replica which I used in realism overhaul too, when I loaded the craft file the same happened as you described it. It is probably because the craft file wants to load the "old, small" parts, but they are scaled bigger and many changes to the config were made, so the craft can't be loaded. You probably have to build it yourselve, that was what I made.

Could you please:

a. Fix the actual ship file, it doesn't seem to work in .90, however the parts do work. Assembling this thing piece by piece is a pain in the ass

b. Change the tank types to be correct. The S-II and S-IV were both balloon cryogenic tanks, however in this mod they are both regular tanks. (Boil off is a huge problem, because the tanks that need insulation don't have insulation. It also messes with the stats of the ship, in terms of TWR and Delta V.)

Edited by itsthatguy

I just want to say, "Wow"....

I have seen this mod for a long time, but had never taken time to take her out for test drive.

It is beautiful, flies great and the detail is fantastic.

I was born in 60, so the space race was #1 tv... I still remember the launches on the crummy b/w set, but they were still great.

This package brought back lots of memories...

Again, +++++

Cheers.

Could you please:

a. Fix the actual ship file, it doesn't seem to work in .90, however the parts do work. Assembling this thing piece by piece is a pain in the ass

b. Change the tank types to be correct. The S-II and S-IV were both balloon cryogenic tanks, however in this mod they are both regular tanks. (Boil off is a huge problem, because the tanks that need insulation don't have insulation. It also messes with the stats of the ship, in terms of TWR and Delta V.)

Sounds like you're using Realism Overhaul. If you are, then please don't ask for support from the part maker, but rather on the RO thread (and you certainly shouldn't expect a craft file made for the original partmod to work after RO changes everything around!)

As for B, no, no they were not balloon tanks. Balloon tanks are what Atlas and Centaur used, tanks where there was no structure, the tank itself *was* the stage structure (and had to be kept pressurized at all times or the stage would collapse, hence the name). You're getting confused between that and "common bulkhead" stages, where the top of one tank serves as the bottom of the other. S-II and S-IV and S-IVB were all common bulkhead stages (unlike S-IC), but they were certainly not balloon tanked.

• 4 weeks later...

I love your mods, by far the very best rocket modelling in KSP.

I have your Saturn-V/Apollo and Proton mods and they are great (would be a bit better if you had a pre-assembled "stock" file so i could just load it and fit the payload from the sub-assemblies, rather than build the rocket and put in the sub-assemblies area where i would maybe be missing parts)

Ever thought of doing a Soyuz-FG, Ares-1, Atlas-V 551, Titan-IV, Space Shuttle/Buran? . . . Maybe even an ICBM like the RT-2PM missile? (compatible with Real Solar System and Realism Overhaul)

Amazing work, would love to see more.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.