[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

It's working fine for me. It might be related to the fact that its a direct download link, but the error is on your side it seems. Have you tried downloading from here?https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/ProceduralParts/releases/tag/v0.9.0

That page opens but when i click the download button i get the same error message (about s3.amazonaws.com). I used to not have this problem with downloading from github.

That page opens but when i click the download button i get the same error message (about s3.amazonaws.com). I used to not have this problem with downloading from github.

Works perfectly fine for me. Might be some kind of DNS issue for you or adblock, though I have adblock and it works fine.

Ah! A dedicated procedural stack decoupler, at last, thank you!

I noticed you've switched to the tweakable system, I haven't had a chance to try it yet but not so sure about the visual impact, I guess it might make more sense or be easier.

If I'm running Stretchy tanks and this would strechy still use the 'key' and 'drag' system of part editing in the VAB?

On the save breaking issues, ships from pre 0.8 will be fine, ships from 0.8 or 0.8.1 will break with 0.9.0. However, this is reparable with some save file editing, which once i figure out how to do properly, i'll post a tutorial for.

Actually, the ships pre 0.8 didn't save their mass properly, so you'll probably want to rebuild those too.

If you have done anything in 0.8 that you really want to keep, go through the save files (the .craft as well as the saves) and remove all the bits that look like this:

MODULE
{
name=PartMessageManager
}

Yes! Thank you, I only made it as I couldn't see anything for it.

I'll look into making some textures up later

No worries :) in fact the parts I've done are getting merged with the core mod as far as I know :) so it won't even be a separate download before long :)

I just loaded up .9 to try it out... the mod is completely broken for me.

The procedural parts show up in the editor, but when I right-click them I see no option to change shape or texture. Clicking on changing diameter, the number in the tweakable GUI changes, but the part remains the same size. It doesn't seem to change at all.

Also, a ship built with 0.7.4 isn't saved properly... all procedural parts have reverted to their original 1.25m cylinders. They did retain their textures, though.

Strange that nobody else has reported any issues. That makes it likely it's something I did wrong, but I can't imagine what. Installed exactly the same as the previous version.

Thanks for the update :)

It downloaded without issues, but the bezier cone appears to have ...err... disappeared...

Edit: Scrub that, I did a re-install and all is well :)

Just have to work out how to recreate my stretchy deuterium tank now.... :)

Edited by Erasmus_UK

I just loaded up .9 to try it out... the mod is completely broken for me.

The procedural parts show up in the editor, but when I right-click them I see no option to change shape or texture. Clicking on changing diameter, the number in the tweakable GUI changes, but the part remains the same size. It doesn't seem to change at all.

Also, a ship built with 0.7.4 isn't saved properly... all procedural parts have reverted to their original 1.25m cylinders. They did retain their textures, though.

Strange that nobody else has reported any issues. That makes it likely it's something I did wrong, but I can't imagine what. Installed exactly the same as the previous version.

Sorry to say but this problem has been reported on the "add-on" thread, as I was developing the add-ons I didn't update procedural parts but so far just one other person has reported this problem too.

I'll backup my current build and test this, but I just need a bit of info to aid me in replicating the problem

When you updated did you just copy over the files it told you to replace or did you fully delete the mod and start with a fresh download?

Do you have any/all the add-on downloads? (Not required I just need to know because with his recent update swamp_ig changed the way the configs are written, so there might be conflict between our mods)

And finally if you do have any of the add-on downloads do those parts still work? Because I haven't updated the way the configs are written it might be an easy identification that the updated config style used by swamp_ig has a few problems.

Please try downloading an add-on (link in my signature) and see if any/all those work, this sort of thing really helps us as once we nail this problem it won't happen later on down the line when the code/configs get more complicated :)

Please keep in touch :)

EDIT: I'm sure I've read on here that anything before v.8(something) won't be compatible but anything updated from now on won't break saves.

SECOND EDIT: Can I ask, do you happen to have the Service module part and TAC compatibility installed? (Because these are example parts given with the other person reporting the same problem)

Edited by Eggman360

Ah! A dedicated procedural stack decoupler, at last, thank you!

I noticed you've switched to the tweakable system, I haven't had a chance to try it yet but not so sure about the visual impact, I guess it might make more sense or be easier.

If I'm running Stretchy tanks and this would strechy still use the 'key' and 'drag' system of part editing in the VAB?

No :)

It's much easier with tweakers and sliders, besides there's so many things to tweak you'd run out of keys on the keyboard.

No :)

It's much easier with tweakers and sliders, besides there's so many things to tweak you'd run out of keys on the keyboard.

I much prefer a right cluick GUI too, its crisp and clear what to do, the whole "Press and hold keys to alter" thing isn't really intuitive I don't think, but that's just my opinion :)

Sorry to say but this problem has been reported on the "add-on" thread, as I was developing the add-ons I didn't update procedural parts but so far just one other person has reported this problem too.

I always install and uninstall all mods in any game with JSGME. It places everything in the GameData folder, and completely removes old versions. I doublechecked to make sure it was set up correctly this time. No, I have no need for addons to the base mod. Not using any TAC parts.

I do have a crapton of other mods active. So I'll start checking them one at a time to find out which one is the problem.

Edit: Solved it! Module Manager updated to 1.5.7, and only some mods updated with it. So installing a bunch of mods like usual results in two ModuleManager dlls in the GameData folder. Delete 1.5.6 and Procedural Parts works again.

Edited by White Owl

I always install and uninstall all mods in any game with JSGME. It places everything in the GameData folder, and completely removes old versions. I doublechecked to make sure it was set up correctly this time. No, I have no need for addons to the base mod. Not using any TAC parts.

I do have a crapton of other mods active. So I'll start checking them one at a time to find out which one is the problem.

Edit: Solved it! Module Manager updated to 1.5.7, and only some mods updated with it. So installing a bunch of mods like usual results in two ModuleManager dlls in the GameData folder. Delete 1.5.6 and Procedural Parts works again.

I have the same issue, nothing happends when clicking the buttons to change size, etc.

Have updated to modulemanager 1.5.7, but still same problem.

I have the same issue, nothing happends when clicking the buttons to change size, etc.

Have updated to modulemanager 1.5.7, but still same problem.

I have the same issue. I tried with 1.5.7, as well as the not-yet-official-release 2.0.1

Can someone with the failing-to-load bug please put your debug log here:

https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/ProceduralParts/issues/32

If you can provide a stack trace:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/7544-The-official-unoffical-help-a-fellow-plugin-developer-thread/page43?p=620737#post620737

of any exceptions that would be great, otherwise it makes it rather hard to track down. Unfortunately they don't appear in the debug log file, you need to look for them in the KSP log which is available with Alt-F12 after doing what it says above, and popping open any exception once you're in there.

Try to find the first point the exception occurs, I'm not that interested in null pointer exceptions that are way after the initial problem.

Anyhow, just been fiddling with the code and this issue may already be fixed... If someone can reproduce it and wants to help debug then let me know.

Did not read previous 31 pages, so sorry if already reported.

In 0.9 when changing part`s shape, fuels content remains constant even when new shape has lower volume. I suppose, this is serious issue, especially because in 0.8 everything was correct. Also, maybe I do something wrong? And some pictures:

4829533.png4829534.png4829535.png

P.S. Thanks for the great mod.:)

Edited by Rioliki
Inner grammar ****

Did not read previous 31 pages, so sorry if already reported.

In 0.9 when changing part`s shape, fuels contant remains constant eaven when new shape has lower volume. I suppose, this is serious issue, especially beacose in 0.8 everything was correct. Also, maybe I do something wrong?

Yup. I just noticed this bug about an hour ago. I've made an issue for it here: https://github.com/Swamp-Ig/ProceduralParts/issues/33. Thanks for taking some screenshots, it should help Swamp_Ig in fixing it. I'm sure its just a typo/missing line of code that wasn't noticed in updating.

Would it be possible for the mod to change diameter scaling to even meters if RSS is installed? It's a little annoying to have to go to 3.75 then use the little arrows to switch to 4m. If not automatic, could it be implemented in the configs? A quick look and I think only the initial diameter can be changed.

Edited by AndreyATGB

Would it be possible for the mod to change diameter scaling to even meters if RSS is installed? It's a little annoying to have to go to 3.75 then use the little arrows to switch to 4m. If not automatic, could it be implemented in the configs? A quick look and I think only the initial diameter can be changed.

So I know what to change in the source code, but I don't know enough about KSP modding to upload a changed file for you. I'll see if swamp_ig can help.

Edited by OtherBarry