[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

It appears that fuel and mono-propellant tanks are missing in game, despite being present in mod folder. I've used fully stock kerbal with no mods but this one. Does anyone encounter similar issue? Thanks!

Here are some ideas:

Procedural Probe cores

Procedural Communications Antennas

Procedural Science Gadgets

Procedural Parachutes

Procedural Battery Banks

Procedural Rover Wheels

I realize Tweak Scale re-sizes many of these items BUT Tweak Scale also breaks some of these items also or makes then microscopic...

Here are some ideas:

Procedural Probe cores

Procedural Parachutes

Procedural Battery Banks

Procedural Rover Wheels

I realize Tweak Scale re-sizes many of these items BUT Tweak Scale also breaks some of these items also or makes then microscopic...

I think that Procedural probe cores would be particularly useful. Having your 1st and 2nd stages equipped with a probe core that fundamentally looks identical to the rest of the stack would be good for aesthetics.

e: Also do you think there could be integration with Station Science? Procedural kibble canisters and also experiment modules.

I made a procedural probe core config. It's really easy, but mine might have some strange properties, as I literally just added a command module to the procedural battery config and saved it as another part. It get ends up having a huge battery capacity as you make it larger, and I'm not even sure about how the weight should scale as you tweak it.

Here are some ideas:

Procedural Probe cores

Procedural Parachutes

Procedural Battery Banks

Procedural Rover Wheels

Procedural Rover Bodies, I might add. Maybe the procedural Probe Cores fit the same role, if you can make them in rectangular shapes and change control orientation.

Procedural Reaction Wheels would be interesting too.

Edited by lodestar

I don't know if the Life Support tanks are intended to be used with TAC LS or other LS mod, but the ratios for the combined tank seems wrong. You end up having a lot more water and oxygen than food. If you had more food it would make sense, since water and oxygen can be recycled.

I changed my ratio in unitsPerKL to:

Food: 227.5

Water: 150.41

Oxygen: 23034.92

That matches the ratio for the original TAC LS containers and you have the same number of man/days for all resources.

Sorry to repost, but game is unplayable due to this issue. It appears that fuel and mono-propellant tanks are missing in game, despite being present in mod folder. I've used fully stock kerbal with no mods but this one. Does anyone encounter similar issue? Thanks!

I've got a giant solar panel shown as "Blocked by proceduralTan...", despite the fact that only a partial shadow overlaps the panel. Is this known? (I've just updated to latest, was on 9.2.0 before and it still happens)

I've got a giant solar panel shown as "Blocked by proceduralTan...", despite the fact that only a partial shadow overlaps the panel. Is this known? (I've just updated to latest, was on 9.2.0 before and it still happens)

I'm pretty sure that happens with anything: KSP's raycasting for solar panel effectiveness doesn't seem to be terribly effective.

I'm pretty sure that happens with anything: KSP's raycasting for solar panel effectiveness doesn't seem to be terribly effective.

Oh, my bad then. Perhaps I've just not used large panels enough to notice it. I save-edited some electricity in and moving around a bit gives the same message for partial fuel tank obstruction. Bit odd, as it's going to the trouble to casting the shadows but not using the results.

Solar panels raycast from wherever their suncatcher transform is to the sun. That transform is hopefully somewhere near the center of the panel, but who knows. And yes, if a single antenna (err, something with a collision hull at least) is carefully positioned, you can block a giant panel with a toothpick.

hello. dV, twr changes from VAB to launch, please look:

(stock booster did not do it)

1F1CqMl.jpg

how to fix it?) perhaps its not PP problem, not sure\

i use FAR, Isp Difficulty Scaler, Tweak Scale and many other mods for parts.

Edited by MiltiTrace

It seems I may have encountered a problem. Compared to the other tanks (from stock and KW), the procedural parts tanks have an insanely low LFO containment. For example, one KW tank may have 800 LF, while the Procedural Tank will have about 300. I've tried on a new install of this and the problem persists. Could it be Modular Fuel Tanks or Real Fuels?

Oooo.....

How about procedural conformal pipes/cabling?

Basically fuel lines, except you mark the start and end nodes, and then it forms a utility fairing along the surface of the craft from point A to point B like on the Atlas and other rockets.

This would really help with things like connecting service modules to capsules and ensuring fuel flow between them for RCS, etc. which is a real pain in the ass to do with the stock fuel line.

Note the pipes/tunnels running up the sides of the rocket for the control wires and plumbing:

onpad22.jpg

Hi, anyone experienced something like this? It's not snaping off, but stretching nearly 2 times the capsule length at chute deployment and then settling at this distance, hold together my magic magnets i guess :confused:

I'm using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, maybee thats the problem?

3.jpg

Edited by Navy2k

That is because the mass of the object is too low, connection strength in KSP is not based on material types (there is only one), sadly. This means a forged 30 kg crankshaft of a 440 Magnum is much weaker than a 2500 kg 5 meter aluminum fuel tank, which is totally nuts.

There are variables in the config.xml of KJR but I don't feel they help much.

I've been trying to build stuff in the cm & mm range but everything becomes made of elastics.

Edited by Azimech

Is it normal that a nosecone weighs 10x as much as an empty fuel tank of the same dimensions?

Nosecone: round#1, length 6m, diameter 6m - mass: 11.72t

Fuel tank: smooth cone, round #1, top 0m, bottom 6m, length: 6m, default tank type - mass: 1.344t

Note: I'm playing with RealismOverhaul.

Edit: KSP 0.25 with latest RO+RSS+various dependencies just re-installed with CKAN.

Edited by mdosogne