[0.90WIP] Procedural Parts - Parts the way you want 'em 0.9.21, Dec 19

swamp_ig

Would you prefer decouplers to:  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Would you prefer decouplers to:

• Closely as possible follow stock behaviour
    • Have a sensible relation between size, decoupler force, and mass

Enough to break my F5 key? Sorry, I've gotten to the point where it's difficult for me to play seriously without PP. :blush:

Why is that? I use this mod because it gives me an opportunity to make nice ships and stations. I was tired of them looking like they were made out of barrels from the city dump.

It will not work.

I have an update almost done.

It includes part cost.

Nathan - are you the creator / manager of Procedural Parts ?

Edit : Yes you are. Okay I've reported an issue on github and the support/modded installs forum which I believe is linked to PP, specifically the procedural decoupler. I'm using a 0.24.2 install base - not sure if you found or fixed the issue for your imminent update to 0.25, or whether this error will even apply, but thought it best to get this report in in case it does. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96106-NaN-Bug-0-24-2-Modded-Repeatable

Edit : Purchased a ticket for the Procedural Parts 0.25 recompile Hype-Train. The ticket keeps changing it's shape and dimensions.

Edited by KerTrotsky

Not the creator, yes the maintainer. Swamp_ig is the creator, as the OP says. :)

I'll look at the issue. I've also seen some other issues, so at best the first release for .25 will be quite WIP, but I don't want to deny it to people for too long. :]

Not the creator, yes the maintainer. Swamp_ig is the creator, as the OP says. :)

I'll look at the issue. I've also seen some other issues, so at best the first release for .25 will be quite WIP, but I don't want to deny it to people for too long. :]

Thanks. Yes I would definitely get the 0.25 release out. I haven't tried to replicate with a stock install and only PP installed. Let me know if you need anything (like, for example, the entire KSP game data directory from my machine).

Why is that? I use this mod because it gives me an opportunity to make nice ships and stations. I was tired of them looking like they were made out of barrels from the city dump.

It's exactly that. Not only do my rockets look much better with it, but I'm also able to get the exact ammount of Delta-V I want for each stage, not to mention the reduced part count.

One of the things i like to do is to use say a 3.75m 2nd stage with a 2.5m engine, with a 3.75 to 2.5m cone piece and then a KW interstage covering the shape change. Looks very cool and a nice place to conceal vernier/RCS and solar panels. Can't really do that right now!

Any progress on the drifting SRB nozzles?

Wait until this mod get's updated, at the moment that's really all the advice anyone can give because NathanKell is awesome and is maintaining far more than his fair share of mods.

v0.9.19 is OUT!

*Update to 0.25.

*Implement procedural cost support (needs balancing)

*Fix RO patch, add another RO patch (for techlimits)

*Attempt to work around NaN bug for procedural decouplers (needs more testing)

NOTE

I don't play stock. This is well known. That means I need your help balancing costs of the various items. So...let me know!

v0.9.19 is OUT!

*Update to 0.25.

NOTE

I don't play stock. This is well known. That means I need your help balancing costs of the various items. So...let me know!

THANK YOU!

Really, I can't play without this mod, and I was waiting for an update to start a 100% reusable space program, Thank you very Much, Nathan!

v0.9.19 is OUT!

*Update to 0.25.

NOTE

Thanks!!!!

Hi and many thanks! This mod is one of the best RAMsaver / easy design mod.

As you pointed out, cost are for the moment really unbalanced. I achieved some negative costs with emptied fuel tanks :-). Take your time to balance it, and if you need help for numbers/testing, i'll be glad to help.

I'm not precisely sure which package this is from but I have this part called "thrust plate Multi-Adapter" which is a procedural thrust plate. It's still broken. the UI for manipulating it's parameters is still shot and I think the nodes are out of place. I have this experimental 2,500 ton launcher that needs it for 4-5 KW Titan T1's. -- the launcher uses an 8.75m tank. =P Only trouble is that it is so immense that by the time you start actually building the payload you are already about 20 stories above the roof of the VAB. =\