[WIP] Renaissance Compilation (artworks remake)

Proot

kI5p9Sm.jpg

Hi all! After years of enjoying the game I'm packing my first mod for Kerbal Space Program: the Renaissance Compilation.

Renaissance Compilation is not properly a mod, in fact is just a bunch of weird drawings and sounds, mainly for Texture Replacer, VE: Clouds & City lights mods and Chatterer.

But the point here is what I'm trying to do with this bunch of weird drawings and sounds: reach the best vanilla game experience.

Let's see a teaser about it, please, use HD and go full screen if it's possible in order to see all details. All images are ingame, without any video effects (music by Preliator):

So yes, Renaissance, is not a mod... is more like modding mods for the win.

The compilation includes (atm):

- Textures for TR (realist Skybox, close all planets and moons textures redone (biomes intacts), Kerbal heads, suits and so on...).

- Textures and configs for VE: c & cl (HD clouds -with shadows and without tiling-, new realist atmospheric effects and colors, auroras, rings with visible -not physical- small dust and rocks at closest distances...).

- Textures for Hot rockets and Cool rockets.

- Complete set of new sounds for chatterer (including SSTVs, airlocks, breaths, control/capsule comms...).

- New amazing main theme + 3 versions for playing in Soundtrack Editor.

- 2 New NavBalls.

- A lot of cool new flags!

Other objectives (in progress):

- External stock texture look for the ALCOR pod.

- New menu textures for RPM.

- Improved glass reflections. (done)

I would love if you could give me some feedback about all this (ie: What planet or moon should have the Rings?) and on what else would look well in a pack like this... thank you very much for your time and I hope you enjoyed.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

PD: and please, excuse my grammar mistakes, my English is 99% self taught.

Edited by Proot
Deleted KSO texture feature.

Video was good, and I'm LOVING the look of the clouds. I'll download and try it out when available (or am I just missing the link?!?). I'm interested in the clouds (look SOO much better than the ones I currently have), rings, hot/cool rockets texture configs and new sounds!

Looking glori-tastic! Also, you noted that you had 99% self-taught English. I find that extremely awesome, especially seeing as I found only one grammar flaw, and that is this:

But the point here is what im trying to do with this bunch of weird drawings and sounds

Which is only a typo, since you have a correct "I'm" right above it.

Keep it up, you're awesome!

Thanks all!, new pics of the rings, auroras and so on is coming soon.

I really think you gonna love the chatterer new sounds: they are very funny and even emotives, sometimes.

Unfortunately, putting up any of the textures or models from the KSO for public download is against the license.

True! NoDerivatives! ;.;

I thought it was sharealike... Well, so for personal enjoyment I guess.

This looks so awesome! I never though Kerbin could look that realistic! Is there an alpha download you could put up or is it to early? k_smiley.gif

Job is mainly done (95%). It just need some more tweaks, and minor decisions (in example: I have not decided yet on which celestial body I'm gonna put the rings).

Edited by Proot

Thanks all!, new pics of the rings, auroras and so on is coming soon.

I really think you gonna love the chatterer new sounds: they are very funny and even emotives, sometimes.

True! NoDerivatives! ;.;

I thought it was sharealike... Well, so for personal enjoyment I guess.

Job is mainly done (95%). It just need some more tweaks, and minor decisions (in example: I have not decided yet on which celestial body I'm gonna put the rings).

95% done. I can't wait! Your auroras you posted on VisualEnhancements look amazing and that combined with Kerbin and maybe other planets! I lost my jaw...Also for rings maybe Jool? :)

95% done. I can't wait! Your auroras you posted on VisualEnhancements look amazing and that combined with Kerbin and maybe other planets! I lost my jaw...Also for rings maybe Jool? :)

Now Laythe and Jool have his own auroras too. And eve have a little green glow too all over the planet. Hardly seen in the video, but Moho has solar particles hitting his magnetic field constantly.

This looks fantastic, finally a realistic-looking Kerbin. I think that rings would look good surrounding Jool, but only slight rings, similar to what Jupiter has... you wouldn't want to change the planet's aspects too drastically.

Wow... Looks amazing. Were you able to incorporate shadows under the clouds by chance?

Edit: O wait... Proot. I didn't even notice lol. I'm using your cloud textures you posted in rbray's visual Enhancement ( the ones with shadows ) and they're the best clouds I've ever had. Are these the same here or are these new textures? And are they 4k like the last? ( or was it 8k? )

Edited by Motokid600

urk, there goes my RAM just seeing this, and a few mods, and active memory reduction to get full impact.......urk

Otherwise, where is my jaw, i think it fell into the sewer this time, from the force of the drop.

Speaking of RAM how much of an impact is this? I have lots of mods and I get around 2.6gb.

Well...that's certainly beautiful...color me impressed.

Are those particles in the rings physical objects with collision, or are they just like the ground scatter?

Sadly just a fancy effect atm. But Rbray89 have better rings as future feature in his fantastic mod VE: C&CL (which makes great part of this possible).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.