[WIP] Renaissance Compilation (artworks remake)

Proot

This looks beautiful! I can't wait to use this! I hope that it will still look good because I have texture compresser agressive installed. :)

Me too. All captures are from my main install, with agressive options. :D

Do you use texture replacer now? May I know if you use specific .tcfg for texture replacer? (or just stock options?)

Me too. All captures are from my main install, with agressive options. :D

Do you use texture replacer now? May I know if you use specific .tcfg for texture replacer? (or just stock options?)

I do use texture replacer and I use to have a specific config so it wouldn't make it blurry, but the new texture replacer version fixes that.

hope u put some ram reducer .tcfg for them i can never get them right and the space suits always be 2 tone and such. well i just suck trying to do .tcg anyway lol.

what .tcg config u use for your pimp your kerbal pack i use most of it.

Take it easy.

If you use it (as me), there will be two configurations to use with Active Texture Manager: aggressive (with my optionals .tcfg pre-made) and normal (just leaving ATM without specific .tcfg).

Plus, Kerbin texture probably will be reduced from 8K to 7k in the final version (saving a bit of ram with a very low loss quality), and you can always delete the 6k kerbin-normal to use the stock one and save a few more ram. (with obviously loss of detail in kerbin terrain from space).

Please, you must understand: I can do it look better... but not magic with the Unity possibilities. This gonna have an obvious cost in terms of memory. Anyway I play my main game with all this, plus more than 35 mods (with parts, sounds, music and so on) in 64-bit Windows. So it's NOT light, but is perfectly playable.

Some sources probably will be added, to allow the use of all textures in its higher resolutions.

Windows 64 bit? Am I wrong or Unity are instable on this s.o. version?

No its the 64bit unity version that is unstable on Windows. Unity is fine on Windows 64bit its just that Unity is a 32bit program so my 16gb of memory can't do squat.

I can only imagine the possibilities with this game if it was 64bit. High Resolution texture packs for all. O well.. maybe one day.

only thing keeping ksp from 64bit is buggy unity 64bit. from what i saw on a pod cast before its mostly due to the random crashes with no real cause they havent switched over. still thou they should put out a dev version of it to see if modders could fix it imo.

No its the 64bit unity version that is unstable on Windows. Unity is fine on Windows 64bit its just that Unity is a 32bit program so my 16gb of memory can't do squat.

I can only imagine the possibilities with this game if it was 64bit. High Resolution texture packs for all. O well.. maybe one day.

I think he means he is running ksp 32-bit on a 64-bit Windows computer :P

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Well... this is entering in his final stage...

I need some feedback about the rings:

Do you feel it's good enought for a definitive launch?

It doesn't look nothing bad at all from frontal perspectives (and 3/4 Up and down, too).

But still weird from completly up or down perspectives: this "rings" are flat vertical textures,with not visible texture at back yet.

Visual Enhancement Mod features a better rings support in the future, so if this is not good enought I think we can wait for rings in next releases... what do you think?

Can you show some more of EVE, I like it's ring. I'm not convinced with jool though... If you tried toning it down, making it more subtle, it might be nicer and could make the polygons less visible. Also, the rings should wrap around the planet a bit more before fading out. Would it tax the ram too much to put a series of eve's ring around Jool and dye it green?

Edited by Aknar

K4a6maz.jpg

We are probably researching miracles...

As I say, yes, this rings are in fact plain images in an "onion peel" format to simulate the ring, so this remains in a very fake look.

Detailed rings are pretty and turns that fake effect more... acceptable. But anyways, more than three or four detailed rings turns in a frame killer for the game, even with extreme small textures (256 x 128px transparent texture with one single pixel line, a few bytes). Don't know why.

Probably be better to wait for the rings feature in Rbray's VE Mod.

EDIT: final Kerbin underclouds and new city lights.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Proot

Configs? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I forget to put it in the op. The pack contains my own configurations for Visual Enhacements, Distant Object Enhancement, Active Texture Management... and probably for Hot Rockets, If I could bullfight with the particle system...

hmmm the rings look very nice.it wont hurt to release them for those who wanna use them.your city lights are just they way they should be!perfect!

Edit:the clouds shades are amazing just noticed them!it adds depth!...Im gonna build you an altar!cant wait for the download.

Edited by techstepman

The rings look really good on Eve but Jool could use some work. I really hope you could upload this mod with and without the rings because I still want to use them as they look. The clouds and new city lights look great! I can't wait for you to release this beauty! :)

EDIT: For the rings, is it possible with VE to put a flat ring texture over the rings so you don't notice the edges at the top?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.