[WIP] Renaissance Compilation (artworks remake)

Proot

Muchas gracias! Esperando por la entrega de este trabajo fabuloso! Asi puedo terminar mi pelicula de promocion para KSP!

Please try to speak english when not on the international sub-forum. You can also PM Proot if you simply can't speak it.

Yo sé que estás entusiasmado por este proyecto, pero es más fácil para el resto de la gente leer tu comentario si está en inglés. :wink:

stop it.

Stoooooop.

Stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop.

Stop making me want to kill myself everyday i see how amazing the mod will be, then realize it's not out.

I know that release is delayed but for example that launch, a few hours later, looks like a small firework compared to the actual results. So I think it worth it. Please be patient, this is a huge work, I'm only one. What you are watching is only a fraction of this whole "experience".

Hey Proot, I remember Squad textures can be changed too with texture replacer, aren't they?

You can with Universe Replacer, but not in Texture Replacer (I think, if I'm wrong, someone please correct me).

I know your work, how you gonna put it in game? Is a replacement?

I know that release is delayed but for example that launch, a few hours later, looks like a small firework compared to the actual results. So I think it worth it. Please be patient, this is a huge work, I'm only one. What you are watching is only a fraction of this whole "experience".

I'm trying hard, Master Proot, bu it's so hard T_T

Hey Proot, I remember Squad textures can be changed too with texture replacer, aren't they?

Not Texture Replacer, AFAIK. However, the Firespitter Texture Switcher does allow you to do that... and to switch between the stock textures and alternative textures in-game.

Couple concerns Proot. As is im I'm using an 8k Kerbin and Mun Texture along with your clouds. And it looks amazing. So in order to save memory I only install an 8k texture of my destination planet. For instance if I'm going to Duna I will remove the 8k Kerbin/Mun and install Duna/Ike.

Does wonders for memory. Will I be able to do the same here? And what size textures are you working with?

it seems that proot has put a lot of work in this.Im pretty sure that he must have already thought about this issue that most of us deal with.im sure that he will offer us options. I might be wrong but I think I read somewhere that some of his first pics in this thread were taken while using the aggressive texture compressor , someone correct me if im wrong , so im optimistic on how much ram this is gonna need. If you can run the game with the pre required mods without problems then I think that installing this pack wont change much. Then again if you have to remove and install textures according to your destination you might be borderline to crash from reaching full ram. I will definitely sacrifice parts or even one of the mods im using to get these visuals if I have to.I'll probably delete most of the squad parts since the mods im using are more than enough to substitute them.

maybe gamergaius can tell us if there is any change in ram usage after installing this pack on his system.

Edited by techstepman

hmmm the only solution is to make your part list more efficient. I had a ton of mods that I love but I didn't use. Like the Russian pack from bobcat. Its an awesome pack but I didn't use it much.i just launched and assembled mir and had a few Soyuz's orbiting around but I didnt really use them for any other reason than just looking at them and thinking "aaaawww they're so awesome"...when I send my mission to duna and jool I used the ppts and Apollo like pod along with strechy tanks and kommitz's nuclear engines,aies for the antennas, the powerful rcs from kw and lack's airlocks to make the strechy structural tanks into fustek like crew modules since they have a high crew capacity (I stopped using fustek to save memory). I really liked them visually and the spaceships were very efficient. So I realized that I didn't need all the other mods I was using. Its nice to have variety but until we can get our hands on a 64bit ksp greed will always be an enemy when it comes to ram usage. There are so many people that play with vanilla only parts and a few useful plugins just fine.

All of us have to decide if we want more part variety or more beautiful visuals and act accordingly. If proot nerfs his work then the visual result wont be as good , probably even worse than vanilla.

im saying all that assuming that u have at least 4 gb of ram motokid600. That's just how I deal with the ram issue. I have 16 gbs of ram so my problem will be solved when ksp 64bit edition is released. Until then I just use the mods that are absolutely necessary for my jeb,bob and bill to ride in style.

The final pack comes with my own .tcfg configuration files for memory saving.

All you can see in this thread is taken and tested from my main install, where I use +40 mods (like half are parts) and my aggressive settings with a memory usage around 2.4-2.8 gb of ram (depending on the situations, I don't play very hard just now).

First release don't have 8k planets, but have 8k clouds for Kerbin.

I like Kerbin with 6k+ because that makes a great memory saving and the in-game quality is barely distinguishable from 8k texture.

I must use the stock normals for the planets, sadly, to save more memory yet.

I'm a mod junkie, I'm very concerned by the memory usage... but I'm gonna be very clear here: I can't do magic. ;)

GamerGaius's help is great and the mod is 99,9% ready atm, but I must change the settings of Visual Enhancements to the new system of configs in the mod.

Thanks for all your hard work on the visual improvements to multiple already stunning visual enhancements mods (VE, TR, HR, SS, etc..) Proot and for help testing GamerGaius! I'm so excited! Can't wait for all the shinies! I've been too lazy to make myself a visor reflection as I've been waiting on the beauty that is this!

Thank you all four your patience and support. The transition to the new version of VE is resulting more traumatic than expected. Please, stand by. Meanwhile the new state of srb launchings...

EZgefuy.gif

As can be seen there are no clouds ...

Edited by Proot

Thank you all four your patience and support. The transition to the new version of VE is resulting more traumatic than expected. Please, stand by. Meanwhile the new state of srb launchings...

http://i.imgur.com/EZgefuy.gif

As can be seen there are no clouds ...

1371981423-1365751753141.jpg

want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want want

Dang it man, you're just like my girlfriend. You tease me and toy with my heart, but it turns me on and I love it. Keep up the good work, you're doing a fantastic job! C:

Edited by Thesonicgalaxy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.