What are you doing in KSP right now?

Clockwork13

1 hour ago, ThatHomelessGuy said:

Is that really you? Love your content I was watching a 1.2 prerelease vid you did earlier today. I'm gonna be honest there isn't enough 1.2 content out there right now and I just finished the last one in your prerelease. Looking forward to more. Keep it up. I subbed to you a long time ago.

I really am me :) I've plans for 1.2 but real life is seriously cramping my style right now. Time I hoped to use to record this weekend evaporated right up. Not sure when I'm going to be able to record now. Stupid real life.

I'm going through a programme of Mün and Minmus landing missions (the Blue Anchor and Castle programmes respectively) leading up to bases on both moons. There's also Duna, Eve and Jool probe programmes in varying stages of completion, and a crewed Duna mission in the works.

Oooh well this is a nice thread. :) As for me I am, and have been, sorting out parts mods in some troublesome ships (The trouble being having to read "Locked or invalid parts" because of this one part from this one mod that I love but actually has no place in this craft or the mod's folder needs to be renamed).

Right now I'm in the middle of designing the low-tech space exploration vehicles for my heavily modded long-term 1.2 career. I'm still waiting for RLA Stockalike and a couple of planet packs to be updated, but as soon as they are I'll start the career game. I have most of the part mods that I need though, so for now I'm doing vehicle designs. I'm starting entirely from scratch rather than using any of the standard designs I've used in the past, because I decided I wanted a change from what I've done before. I'll also be using KR&D to upgrade parts, so that will cause vehicle statistics to change when launched in the late-game with improved parts.

I just took a short break from career mode to do a little fixing up of replica planes in sandbox, as well as just shenanigans. I edited a sepratron to act more like a tube of C4 by increasing its thrust limiter by 10 orders of magnitude. 8upj4c8.jpg

Activating it predictably blew everything up. Instantly.oVvG2zo.jpg

I had no idea the altimeter numbers could turn red. :confused:

Having fixed the M27 Cockpit I was waiting on to explore the Mün, I delivered my Mün truck via skycrane and am roving the Mün.
It is ***InSaNeLy*** easier than it was in previous version to rove the Mün, and it's making exploration much quicker.
Pictures to follow when I'm done with it... eventually.

When I have more time, I am continuing to clean-up my install and update my parts-pack I accumulated since 0.23.5 so everything works in KSP1.2...
Since I am a perfectionist, it's taking far more time than it should otherwise take.  But once done it's going to go much quicker with future KSP revision.

Currently I'm in 'slow' period in my 1.2 career save.

I have enough kesos and all the science I need but it's 1 year 293 days until project Big Leap takes off for Duna (1 year 123 days until project W.T.F (weird trajectory futures) for Dres).

So I potter around putting up comsats and finishing off random contracts (some using vehicles that will double as comsats, scanning sats or shuttling around gawkers).

In the early stages of my 1.2 career save. Performing rescue missions to get free astronauts, while I contemplate a science-gathering mission to Duna, Dres, or Eve. Thinking about which "other star system far away" pack to install.

"Rigid attachment: on" is my new best friend. I used to build long, skinny rockets with a reinforced "exoskeleton" of struts and girders, just so they wouldn't flop around like dead fish during atmospheric flight. Now I just launch long, skinny rockets that fly straight and true like arrows. :D

Sadly, plotting an abort trajectory for Jendi, Megan, Maldom, and Tatiana Kerman, whose Minmus transit was misplotted, resulting in large waste of propellant, and do not have the dV to safely rendezvous with their Minmus lander. They'll get to Minmus, just not today.

Valentina and Bill just experienced the most terrifying ride of their life. A bit of an Icarus moment really. Their triple engined jet just climbed too high and flamed out at supersonic speeds and went into an uncontrollable flatspin. I was forced to kill the outside engine to force enough air into the inside engine to counter the spin and then once rotation stopped I killed the other engine. I then fought the plane into a steep dive using the central engine to unstall the wings and then pull up before I hit the ground. This thing is a supersonic deathtrap.
vWU2JEK.png

Edited by ThatHomelessGuy

I'm working on my new mid-game interplanetary transports, the Saraneth-class vehicles. They are constructed in orbit from various different modules, and offer partial reusability as well as a reasonably large cargo capacity.

I'm also thinking about potential late-game infrastructure, and considering taking a more sci-fi approach to aesthetics for vehicles that I'll be using after unlocking the whole tech tree. Since I can refine absolutely any resources I need with the mods I have installed, I want to have fully reusable systems for going just about anywhere (though the Eve infrastructure will require upgrades via KR&D in order to be fully reusable and still look good), and I think I'll mostly aim for a very futuristic appearance rather than the realistic module-based designs that I'm used to using. Whatever I do go with, my late-game vehicles will certainly be rather interesting I expect.

I just landed both of the support craft for my Expedition 4 to Minmus. The KC-03 "Packrat"  will provide the raw building materials for my refueling pipe system at KerbCo Mining Outpost. The other mission will accept 1200 units of Ore to complete a contract. Lastly, the Kerbals will need to rendezvous with the two craft in orbit that need to get home but do not have parachutes. The Expedition will net some 1M in funds for my program. Wish me luck all!

On 8.11.2016 at 4:33 PM, NightshineRecorralis said:

Currently working on some replica aircraft. While some others tell me it's a waste of time, I like building replicas.

Totally not wasting time.

cqjeb8fl.jpg

Nice Kerbal remakes! The Tupolev is called "White Swan" in RL, not "Blackjack"... :wink: The Valkyrie is also very nice!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.