[0.23]Cargo Transfer Bags and Tanks(for TAC life support) 0.7

Albert VDS

• 4 months later...

Calling Albert if you want to update the pack for 0.90 as I have imported the models I have left hanging when I was really busy. I'm starting to get some time now to mod so I started to import these already existing models. Textures were easy. Here they are as of now, still really big for a kerbal but it's the initial model, same size as the Original Models.

vaNcPUM.png

SsjkQC9.png

Currently, the contents are not separable, only one resource will be the content of the two tanks as I have tested it because I don't have MFT installed nor have I meddled with it but KAS works, texture switching works and in fairness, the resources switch as well, it's just that yeah, only one resource. Textures are 1024x1024 (I'm a fan of HD textures). I made sure them shiny metal bits are shiny and those that are not much with less shine. Same resources as the original so not much has changed, this is just an HD model I made, that's if you guys want it. All tested in 0.90.

Oh and I didn't make any texture else for the bag, it only contains food.

Edited by blackheart612

@blackheart612: Those are some great models and they would be great replacements for the current ones. :D

My plan is to update this to 0.90, it's just that I didn't have enough free time to work on mods.

But things have quiet down.

Well here's what I have tested at the moment, you should make your necessary changes, Albert.

Functions just like 0.7, no MFT because I still have not meddled about it yet. It is ready to be modified for it though.

No separate tank resources just like 0.7, same amount of resources. Same large size, go use it if you want.

LINK

Well here's what I have tested at the moment, you should make your necessary changes, Albert.

Functions just like 0.7, no MFT because I still have not meddled about it yet. It is ready to be modified for it though.

No separate tank resources just like 0.7, same amount of resources. Same large size, go use it if you want.

LINK

That folder is empty blackheart :(

FIREFIGHTER%20AT%20FIRE%2010.JPG

But about twice as big, so it will cover from Kerbal's neck to knees and 2 tanks as a backpack ? Kerbals have proven they can carry ;)

Tanks for water, oxygen and other liquids and something more boxy / square for food ?

hex_can.png

About storage :

The hex food is 16.20, round one is 25.00

for water it is the same.

Maybe half the length of the hex can, but 2 tanks, so same amount ?

The idea behind it is (or how I would like to use your mod) :

I park my rover near my Mun base, I EVA, pick up the backpack, go to the support tunnel (for technical reasons put the bag on the wall, fill it up, take it) then go to the rover and attach it there, get the empty water backpack and repeat with it and oxygen. Then go on my journey.

I am well aware of the ability to just transfer the food, water and oxygen, while the fuel hose is attached, filling up with propellant, but ever since I moved from vanilla to moded I am trying to keep it real.

One of my planes went out of fuel and I could not glide to the base on Eve, so it was time sensitive rescue mission I enjoyed planning and executing a whole day.

P.S. I am sorry, but last few days I am on mobile internet and could not see (m)any pictures besides the one with Jeb's lunch, which seems huge to me.

Yes, exactly, but I did not find the double tank in the first post download. I am scrolling through the pages, but it is hell to find it.

Would love to add the double tanks into my part collection !

Also I encountered a bug ? Or I just messed up something ?

When they attached everything is fine, but when I pick the bags or tanks I can freely change resources and they magically fill up, so I can have infinite life support for example.

Do I need to change this ? :

MODULE{
name = FSfuelSwitch
resourceNames = Structural;Water;Food;Oxygen;Water,Food,Oxygen
resourceAmounts = 0;250;250;250;80,80,80
hasGUI = false
switchableInFlight = [B]true // This[/B]
}

and only this or I need additional changes?

And maybe this one too, so I can switch them only in SPH/VAB

MODULE{
name = FStextureSwitch2
nextButtonText = Next resource
prevButtonText = Previous resource
statusText = Current resource
repaintableEVA = false
textureRootFolder = CargoTransferBags/Parts/CargoTransferBags/
textureNames = CargoTransferBags;Water;Food;Oxygen;LifeSupport;Science
objectNames = CargoTransferBags
textureDisplayNames = Empty;Water;Food;Oxygen;Mixed;Science
useFuelSwitchModule = true
fuelTankSetups = 0;1;2;3;4;5
}

EDIT : Picture

s11.png

Edited by Mapoko

Yes, exactly, but I did not find the double tank in the first post download. I am scrolling through the pages, but it is hell to find it.

Would love to add the double tanks into my part collection !

Also I encountered a bug ? Or I just messed up something ?

When they attached everything is fine, but when I pick the bags or tanks I can freely change resources and they magically fill up, so I can have infinite life support for example.

Do I need to change this ? :

MODULE{
name = FSfuelSwitch
resourceNames = Structural;Water;Food;Oxygen;Water,Food,Oxygen
resourceAmounts = 0;250;250;250;80,80,80
hasGUI = false
}

and only this or I need additional changes?

And maybe this one too, so I can switch them only in SPH/VAB

MODULE{
name = FStextureSwitch2
nextButtonText = Next resource
prevButtonText = Previous resource
statusText = Current resource
repaintableEVA = false
textureRootFolder = CargoTransferBags/Parts/CargoTransferBags/
textureNames = CargoTransferBags;Water;Food;Oxygen;LifeSupport;Science
objectNames = CargoTransferBags
textureDisplayNames = Empty;Water;Food;Oxygen;Mixed;Science
fuelTankSetups = 0;1;2;3;4;5
}

EDIT : Picture

http://s24.postimg.org/oj6213l8l/s11.png

MeCripp is correct, just set it to false so it won't bother you. I uploaded a still-need-to-fix version so it won't be perfect.

Twice the size of a container would be x8 so I guess you could size it smaller and.... well, divide it by 8. hahahahaha

Thank you for your support.

I downloaded the basic pack 0.7x and took the double tanks from one of your links.

I then tinkered with it and made it suitable for my needs. Your (Blackhearth) decision of leaving the bag for food only came natural to me, so I left it only for food. Using the double tanks for water 1:1 with the bag, while the single tank is half the value.

I went with values close to TACLS, but rounded up or down for my own comfort with not too huge deviation, but not perfect volume ratios. For example it is unnatural to have volume for 250 water and that volume can only store 250 Oxygen. According to TACLS it should be ~55000.

Rethinking the purpose I realized I do not need smaller version, because those are not EVA extenders(Already got suitable backpack for that), but rather big containers I will use to move big amount of resources between ships.

Thank you for your support.

I downloaded the basic pack 0.7x and took the double tanks from one of your links.

I then tinkered with it and made it suitable for my needs. Your (Blackhearth) decision of leaving the bag for food only came natural to me, so I left it only for food. Using the double tanks for water 1:1 with the bag, while the single tank is half the value.

I went with values close to TACLS, but rounded up or down for my own comfort with not too huge deviation, but not perfect volume ratios. For example it is unnatural to have volume for 250 water and that volume can only store 250 Oxygen. According to TACLS it should be ~55000.

Rethinking the purpose I realized I do not need smaller version, because those are not EVA extenders(Already got suitable backpack for that), but rather big containers I will use to move big amount of resources between ships.

By what I have read well... it sounds like something I can't do! Or at least something I don't want to do. If you want to contribute your works for others to use, it wouldn't be bad if you want to share your configs. It wouldn't be bad either if you don't like to do that as well of course :P

For now I just changed few values of the containers, but if I find some spare time I will try to somehow link the values/limit of the containers to appropriate TACLS tanks, so they can change dynamically.

It is blunt and raw change of few values. If I make the dynamic volume link or do some math and produce actual values of the volumes, according to TACLS values then I will post it properly for people who want exact science.

For now pretty much everyone can change this lines however they feel, but they are just rough values and nowhere near accurate, based on visual volume similarity with some tanks.

resourceNames = Structural;Oxygen;CarbonDioxide;Water;WasteWater;LiquidFuel;Oxidizer;MonoPropellant[B];LiquidFuel,Oxidizer[/B]
initialResourceAmounts = 0;50000;0;250;0;36;44;50[B];18,22[/B]
resourceAmounts = 0;50000;50000;250;250;36;44;50[B];18,22[/B]

Maybe I will try to reinvent the wheel with 2 different tanks, but to be honest (I suck at modeling) I much rather try to add multi option LF+Ox option on the dual tanks, but have 0 experience and will not be able to make the "paint job".

Because the Food+Water option rather belong in the bag and who carries Food and Liquid fuel at once. Well, Jeb does but he tends to put himself in such situations often.

Actually adding this will be easy code wise, but I need the graphics for 2 different tanks at once.

textureRootFolder = CargoTransferBags/Parts/PressurizedResupplyDuoTank/    
textureNames = EmptyTank;OxygenTank;CO2Tank;WaterTank;WasteWaterTank;LiquidFuelTank;OxidizerTank;MonopropellantTank[B];RocketFuel //Just doubled the LF model and renamed it for the example picture.[/B]
objectNames = Right_Tank;Left_Tank
textureDisplayNames = Tank;Oxygen;Carbon Dioxide;Water;Waste Water;Liquid Fuel;Oxidizer;Monopropellant[B];Rocket Fuel[/B]
fuelTankSetups = 0;1;2;3;4;5;6;7[B];8[/B]

rf1.png

Also need texture for bag that have Food + Water, but not oxygen, but that is another matter.

But here is a link of my current folder.

All credit goes to the original creators.

http://www.filedropper.com/cargotransferbags-unofficial-personal

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.