1. 1. BSC: Aeris 4a - Final vote!

• Cruzan - BSC Bolt
    • Giggleplex777 - R-2 SSTO
    • Heagar - HOTOL II c 4
    • MiniMatt - Mallard
    • O-Doc - Gecko
    • oo0Filthy0oo - Wholphine Hybrid
    • WaRi - Peregrino

@Giggleplex777: congratulations, your R-2 is very nice and I'm glad to get a SSTO with RAPIER engine which is so good to fly with.

One only lack: no action group to close air intakes (it may create unwanted drag in upper atmosphere).

Thanks also to Xeldrak and all contributors for this challenge, I can only imagine how time and energy are needed to keep track of everything and organize it.

That's four firsts and one second place! :D

You've got these things nicked. Congrats on a very deserved first place!

A shame I got into the wagon so late... How many stock crafts are left?

Rune. If the one you picked as best end ups winning, you couldn't have done it so bad as a judge, right?

A little late on the video, but here's a quick summary of the finalists. A little redundant at this point I guess :D

Thanks again Xeldrak! See you guys at the next challenge :)

Side note: If either Giggleplex or Filthy would prefer not to have their design in this video just let me know and I'll take it down. I forgot to ask, sorry! :blush:

FAR

there's your probelm

Well maybe to some extent, but the mass is well behind the lift--opposite what they should be for any amount of proper control. Plenty of stock craft work fine in FAR. In fact, the other winning craft have COLs where I'd expect to see them.

The front-most tanks in the R-2 were also empty (or nearly so), and by filling them I was able to bring the mass a little forward, but it's still squirrely.

I wonder If I somehow have a bad .craft file? Or did .23.5 mess something up?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.