So I figured out how to get America back into the space game.

Runescope

China has that rover (maybe possibly) still roving around up there. All it has to do is knock over the flag that the first Apollo mission placed up there. America would EASILY spend a few million billion dollars just to get someone up there to stand it upright again!

:D

Just get the rover to run over all the American's footprints... that would really pee them off.

Actually on a serious note... if they were to go to the American's landing site they could photograph the actual footprints PROVING beyond a shadow of doubt that the Apollo astronauts really did make the journey and that it wasn't a hoax. It really NEEDS an independent to prove it to the conspiracy theorists. With all the people who currently think that the Apollo moon landings didn't happen causing people to dismiss the space race it could boost interest again.

I am certain that the US would declare the landing sites national heritage as soon as China looks at them, just like they did with the Titanic wrecksite in international waters. I am not sure what they are going to do about any intrusion though, its not like you can hop in the space shuttle to tell them off.

Just get the rover to run over all the American's footprints... that would really pee them off.

Actually on a serious note... if they were to go to the American's landing site they could photograph the actual footprints PROVING beyond a shadow of doubt that the Apollo astronauts really did make the journey and that it wasn't a hoax. It really NEEDS an independent to prove it to the conspiracy theorists. With all the people who currently think that the Apollo moon landings didn't happen causing people to dismiss the space race it could boost interest again.

Anyone who believes we didn't land on the moon is a crackpot loon, and nothing so trivial as "even more actual evidence" will change their minds.

It's like the people who don't believe in evolution:

"There's a gap in the fossil record between these two species"

"Actually, we're recently discovered a fossil that bridges the gap quite nicely"

"Aha! Now there are two gaps, one either side of your new fossil. I'm even more right than I was before!"

If pictures of bootprints taken by the people who were actually there didn't convince them, why would a rover's picture of bootprints? If congratulations from the United States' biggest political foe at the time (the Soviet Union) didn't convince them, why would an "independent"?

I honestly don't think conspiracy theories are about finding plausible reinterpretations of available evidence. They seem more to be ways for the theorist to reassure himself of his own superior cleverness.

You know those silly conspiracy people would think the Chinese were also faking there robot.

IT SO SIMPLE! THE 'MURICANS GAVE CHINA THE SOUND STAGE!(Joking)

Edit: Just realized there's a page two. And both the people before me say the same things, ruffly.

Edited by Rockcoole
Why do you need to know?

America would EASILY spend a few million billion dollars just to get someone up there to stand it upright again!

The primary failure here is assuming that enough people actually care.

I can tell you that half the people in my office don't really care beyond getting a paycheck.

I have a better idea, they should use the rover to draw china rules on the moon so that it's visible from earth.

I have a better idea, they should use the rover to draw china rules on the moon so that it's visible from earth.

How much BIGGER is Coca-Cola budget compared to China's GNP ??

Edited by Lohan2008

China can go ahead and go to the moon, more power to them. They're basically a 1960s America right now. We're sending people to asteroids that we manually captured into our orbit. What exactly do you consider the "space game"?

China can go ahead and go to the moon, more power to them. They're basically a 1960s America right now.

That's basically the best compliment your could pay their program. If only America's space program was like 1960s America.

We're sending people to asteroids that we manually captured into our orbit.

No, they're talking about sending people to asteroids that they manually captured into our orbit. It's all talk until the rocket launches. I've been following the US space program since the early 80s, I've seen enough to know that they're not remotely the same thing.

No, they're talking about sending people to asteroids that they manually captured into our orbit. It's all talk until the rocket launches. I've been following the US space program since the early 80s, I've seen enough to know that they're not remotely the same thing.

They seem quite serious.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.