[1.0.2]FASA Launch Towers

frizzank

Seeing that you updated (or marked compatible) the main FASA archive to 0.90, would you mind terribly to create fresh release of the Launch Towers too? Perhaps also with version "5.00" so the full archive and "just the clamps" are in sync?

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any way they could be made to automatically inhibit engine shrouds?

ProceduralFairings somehow do it for their interstage adapter. You may want to look into it.

You'll get floating engine tho, woithout anything visibly supporting the rocket.

• 3 weeks later...

In mission control I've been getting the occasional contract to test a FASA tower while in orbit or at altitude or the like, something other than landed at Kerbin. Is this intended or have I stumbled into a bug? I can't imagine how I'd get a tower into orbit... Is there some way to restrict contracts for these parts to 'landed' only?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah yes there is they added it with the contracts to prevent this sort of thing. I will add it in the configs in the next update...

MODULE

{

name = ModuleTestSubject

// nowhere: 0, srf: 1, ocean: 2, atmo: 4, space: 8

environments = 1

useStaging = True

useEvent = False

}

• 2 weeks later...
I am having the same problem. The tower immediately retracts when my craft loads on the launchpad.

Same problem, but I have over 30 mods so it'll be hard to track down the problem. From what I can tell, the clamp isn't actually attatched to the world, and is a free floating entity in space.

I'll show you a picture so you can see what I mean:

dO9FVux.jpg

-------------

407.9 m/s is orbital speed because I have Realism Overhaul installed, as this was one of their recommended mods.

It either doesn't know its attached to the ground, or Earth has a ....ing crazy Mach 1 wind storm blowing constantly.

I've looked through the config files, and there doesn't really seem anything I can change there to fix it. The launch clamp and the stability clamp holding the pod should work exactly the same minus the animation right?

Very confusing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem where, with the launch clamp, I can't EVA or transfer kerbals from the launch clamp to anywhere. Is this a bug? What Am I supposed to do? Am I using them wrong?

EDIT: Just removed the only mod I could think would cause something like this, connected living space. Did nothing. Tried Launching the crew in a seperate vehicle and driving them to the rocket to board the launch clamp, then the rocket. As soon as they entered the tower, they disappeared. Not in the capsule, and there was no indication of being in the clamp other than TAC showing their names. What did I do wrong?

Edited by xXIndestructibleEVAXx

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.