[1.0.2]FASA Launch Towers

frizzank

Made a separate download for just the Launch towers.

They are the same ones from FASA and have the same version numbers as the FASA change log so you know if its a newer version.

Now on Kerbal Stuff!!!

http://beta.kerbalstuff.com/mod/34/FASA_Launch_Clamps_and_Towers

MediaFire Mirror

http://www./download/1l58ram4eapm0oo/FASA_Clamps4.921.zip

Tutorial on how to build your own clamps.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76136-FASA-Launch-tower-tutorial?p=1083756#post1083756

The same launch towers and clamps from FASA, just by themselves.

Known Bug: The clamps following you into space, this is a KSP bug. If you quick save and reload right after decoupling the clamps it will fix it on the reload.

Also if you have exploding rockets on the pad with clamps this will help... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55657-1-0-2-Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement-v3-1-3-4-27-15

Launch Tower- Lets Kerbals walk onto there rocket, if its shaking add some struts.

Umbilical - Keeps your rocket full of fuel and electricity on the pad

Atlas Clamp - Atlas style radial launch clamp

Mercury 2.5m stack clamp- Attaches to the bottom of your rocket, just like the real thing.

Mercury 1.25m stack clamp- Attaches to the bottom of your rocket, just like the real thing.

Apollo style launch clamp

I am using the launch clamp mechanic from the game meaning that the towers actually hold your rocket. So just like the launch clamps if you put them only on one side of a really tall rocket you will have issues!!!!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

XIjzKJT.jpg

License

All Rights Reserved

I try extremely hard to make this mod as compatible and bug free as possible but I can not guarantee that it will work flawlessly in every situation and on every system.
This just releases my liability in those situations.

By downloading FASA or any piece of software you understand that you are taking a risk of permanent damage to the system or device it is downloaded to, or installed on. Installing or downloading any software may have unintended or undesirable effects to the system or device it is downloaded to or installed on, and I Frizzank, the developer of this software can in no way guarantee that something will not go horribly wrong when using or downloading the FASA mod.
You, the user of the mod FASA takes full responsibility for any damage, real or simulated that may happen to any system, software or device it is downloaded to or installed on. Also by using this software you release anyone else from any liability for any damages, forever.

FASA is created and maintained by “Frizzank†@ KSP Forums, and is the author of the FASA mod.
DennyTX is the author of the Apollo LM parts, CSM and any others authored by him in the part cfg.
DennyTX maintains sole ownership of the parts authored by him and they are used in FASA with permission from DennyTX.
You must get written permission from Frizzank to use or redistribute anything in this mod in other mods.
Credit for the original Gemini mod goes to Tosh.

Reflection plug-in released as Public Domain as was the original plug-in by Razche and modified by Starwaster.

Raster Prop Monitor
Source code and full license information available at
https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/

Special thanks to

SundayPunch

NovaSilisko

Captain Slug

Tosh

bac9

[/code

Edited by frizzank

I don't know if this has been suggested but would it be possible to make Soyuz style launch supports?

They are a pretty neat way of doing things, but let's enjoy these first!

What's up with people always requesting Frizzank other stuff when he just released something worthwhile?

I just posted an update to the cfg files for those that were still having exploding rocket issues.

I moved the attach nodes around some, it should help.

I am using the launch clamp mechanic from the game meaning that the towers actually hold your rocket. So just like the launch clamps if you put them only on one side of a really tall rocket you will have issues!!!! Your rocket must be balanced!

I just posted an update to the cfg files for those that were still having exploding rocket issues.

I moved the attach nodes around some, it should help.

I am using the launch clamp mechanic from the game meaning that the towers actually hold your rocket. So just like the launch clamps if you put them only on one side of a really tall rocket you will have issues!!!! Your rocket must be balanced!

But it looks best when it's only on one side!

Then put regular launch clamps on the other side....

For most normal sized rockets it works fine, it is only when it gets to the ridiculous level that problems start to crop up. The less sections your rocket has the better it will work.

I will play with the config some more to see if I can come up with a better solution....

Then put regular launch clamps on the other side....

For most normal sized rockets it works fine, it is only when it gets to the ridiculous level that problems start to crop up. The less sections your rocket has the better it will work.

I will play with the config some more to see if I can come up with a better solution....

I still like it, and I hardly ever use too terribly many stages, if it's more than about 3 or 4 I build in orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.