"Two stage" missile system (WEAPON)

You already saw great missiles? I bet!

But did you see any of them to launch like real ones?

Detaching and starting to fly forward in mid-air?

Check spoiler for missiles in action

Here's my tutorial for these :D

I don't think that everybody will like this, but i know that some you will find this tutorial useful.

Here's download if you are lazy ;)DOWNLOAD

Mareczex

PS: Here you can find video with few scenes with missiles:

Skip to 1:10

Edited by Mareczex333

I still like my Kerbal guided maneuverable supersonic Archer missiles for long range strikes, although I haven't been able to test them with the recent re balancing. Your missiles are pretty awesome when it comes to quick attack runs.

I used to love the atmosphere of Kerbin, but after a while I got bored and started to make space fighters. Kerbal space missiles have some interesting glitches when made to be guided to the target, although it would be funny in KSP multiplayer to see your KSP wingman in space being blown to bits while his missile is still seeking its target to death.

Edited by andrew123

I used to love the atmosphere of Kerbin, but after a while I got bored and started to make space fighters. Kerbal space missiles have some interesting glitches when made to be guided to the target, although it would be funny in KSP multiplayer to see your KSP wingman in space being blown to bits while his missiles is still seeking its target to death.

hahahah ;d for sure

It would be nice, if they would edit some of unmanned probes. Something like one probe would work if there would be Kerbal with "radio" in 1000m radius, otherwise it would be uncontrolable ;d

Cool missiles. Mine usually spin out of control after a short distance when I try to make military crafts.

Note that you can change thread title via "go advanced" option. Its at the top.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Uuuuhhh... the separatrons have to burn through the decoupler before starting to provide thrust, right? Ingenious!

Not decoupler, but unmanned pod. Decoupler have too big temperature tolerance, so missile fires a bit later.

Quick note these don't work with DRE... although it does work well as fireworks!

Try to use this

I don't know what is a problem. It shatters instantly, or after 1-1.5 seconds?

Did you try to use struts?

Edited by Mareczex333

When then end piece probe core thing actually explodes, it breaks other parts around it, and therefore the missile itself. Pretty sure it's a feature of DRE... Or maybe I'm just making them wrong, I'll try your one

Or maybe I'm just making them wrong, I'll try your one

It breaks apart if you place sepratrons wrong (too far or too close to unmanned pod). It have to be certain distance.

But DRE may causing problems also, so I would be happy to hear the result :)

Turns out I was making it wrong, the one I downloaded from you worked perfectly fine with DRE.

Wonderful :)

I added missile link download in main post, so everyone could try it on their own ;)

Edited by Mareczex333

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.