Satoorn Mk2-9 (and a small surprise)

StelarCF

The Satoorn Mk2-9**** is the 4th in the innovative cicle of Satoorn rockets. It has been tested in both munar landings and space station deployments. Here is a picture of the innovative craft in Munar configuration: - requires Adv. Decoupler and (for munar module) Lander Legs *

N9ETQ.jpg

Here is an image after the first stage has detached and before the stage we call the 'Korbital Assigner' comes online:

iSsMP.png

The Munar Module nearing the mun:

1vSUB.png

An... unsuccessful landing - but it\'s still a landing.

l5c2d.jpg

And at least it\'s in one piece... considering this other landing***:

bppYe.jpg

Staging description:

Stage 1: 9 high power liquid fuel engines with 2 fuel tanks to get in the air - contains 3 other (accidental) liquid fuel engines that help at lift-off (1 fuel tank only)

Stage 2: The 'Korbital Assigner' - this is the part that get\'s you into a stable orbit. It has 3 liquid fuel engines with 3 fuel tanks each. It also helps you get at the required altitude

Stage 3: The Munar Lander - this is the hardest part in my experience since you got to be careful at what angle you land. This is probably the part that stays the longest. From being into orbit the Korbital Assigner only does a small push towards the mun and this does the hard part of finalizing the transfer burn, getting a good landing vector, landing and getting home. Altough I didn\'t get back, that\'s only because I wasted fuel on circularising my orbit... (or in a different occasion I lost control of my engine - I still don\'t know why)

(you could try to replace the lander legs on this stage with stock wing landers, but it\'s hardly recommended - or at least I had a bad experience with them...)

Stage 4: Pod - This part contains Jebediah. You have been warned. 8)

OFFER! BUY NOW AND YOU GET AN PERFECT STATE RCS BASED ROCKET**: - requires Sunday\'s punch pack for the SRB\'s (not in this picture)

HQS3u.jpg

*You can find them both on this page: http://www.kerbalspaceprogram.net/kerbal-space-program-mods

**Guaranteed to get you out of the atmosphere alone, but you might require the Satoorn Mk2-9 instead of the SRB\'s to get into orbit so you can fully exploit it\'s potential

***Those landings are the results of my inability as a pilot...

****NEW: I have remade the rocket to be a good stock Munar Lander/Heavy Lifter. Picture here:

rW8GE.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.