Pixelarts!

jmiki8

I made a couple of 737-800s:

Great work, very crisp. If you want to get all fancy you might want to experiment with doing white actually in grayscale - permitting you to remove the black outline.

I am not sure it would like right, but I think it is worth an experiment :)

Great work, very crisp. If you want to get all fancy you might want to experiment with doing white actually in grayscale - permitting you to remove the black outline.

I am not sure it would like right, but I think it is worth an experiment :)

Thanks! I actually tried removing the outline, but it didn't look as cartoonish and polished as it did with it. :)

I'm quite proud of this one:

2DfUd9S.png

Since I've been into pixel art for less than four days, making the rear painting was very difficult. It has three shades of flowers and a black&white girl with an orange flower on her head.

Here's the picture I used for reference: Clicky clicky.

I usually look for the dimensions of the vehicles I'm drawing, and convert them to "pixel lengths". It means that I set up a meter/pixel ratio, e.g. "every meter is 20 pixels". And many times, I just try to measure with eye - like "Does it look like in the picture? Is it a bit taller?" etc. When I make a pixelart, I usually start with a rough shape, and refine it as I try to match it to the reference picture /blueprint.

And remember, slight differences may not be a problem at all, that's what makes a pixel art unique. :)

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

People! Are you still there?!

Ok, here's a little something I've been working on:

d0K7DwK.png

A WIP shuttle during a R-Bar maneuver. :D

I picked a shuttle picture and started carefully drawing pixels over it (I know I should start with a white canvas, but I figured it would be easier this way), and I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far. The tiles need some serious work, but I like the shadows and the look of the manipulator. Next up comes the tilework and then I'm gonna work on the background. Any thoughts?

http://a.gifb.in/052011/1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

People! Are you still there?!

Ok, here's a little something I've been working on:

http://i.imgur.com/d0K7DwK.png

A WIP shuttle during a R-Bar maneuver. :D

I picked a shuttle picture and started carefully drawing pixels over it (I know I should start with a white canvas, but I figured it would be easier this way), and I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far. The tiles need some serious work, but I like the shadows and the look of the manipulator. Next up comes the tilework and then I'm gonna work on the background. Any thoughts?

Looks quite good! :)

Don't know much about pixel art, so no advice I can give. :(

JUST LOOK WHO'S BACK!

GPWZTvS.png

Its a pixel art of an Atmospheric environment space suit i drawn 2 months ago part of a set of 3 variants, there's also a Vacuum EVA Terrain suit and a Vacuum Orbital EVA suit all of them from the KASAKE Series (So they are kinda the same from the arms torso and helmet but with tiny differences)

It also has a camera on top of the helmet and the flag of my country on the arms :D

Boeing 747-400!

4BpLEjh.png

About 20 minutes of work. It's still WIP-ish, but I felt like showing you guys what I'm up to. :D

Its a pixel art of an Atmospheric environment space suit i drawn 2 months ago part of a set of 3 variants

Hmmm, would you mind posting them here?

Hmmm, would you mind posting them here?

Nice 747! It would be great if you could make the NASA variant used to carry the Space shuttles

Aaaand..... Yeah im planning to post the other 2 EVA suits when they're done, But for now i can explain a little bit of back stories about the suits

1-The AT-1 Model is my concept of a EVA suit suitable for activity on Mars soil, its legs are made whit durable and flexible materials so you can crouch without damaging the suit and the Helmet has a External camera on top for photographic purposes in the back you hold a Small-sized air purifier, however it will NOT prevent you from getting out off oxygen for long time but it helps to vent fresh air.

The suit also Has shielded arms for preventing injuries during tasks that require the use of big instruments, but its a little hard to move the arm to some orientations due to its rigid form. I would estimate around 10-20Kg Without the extended purifier (It would weight around 5Kg) Its heavy, i know but atleast you would use it on a planet with lower pressure as advantage :D.

Nice 747! It would be great if you could make the NASA variant used to carry the Space shuttles.

I actually started doing the 747 because I wanted to put a shuttle on top of it. :P It's already 12:40 (or 0:40 if you like it that way) now, so it's gonna have to wait until tomorrow I decide to finish it. Until then:

UVkI2q7.png

A bitizen me! :D It has a long face and I kinda look like a girl, but it's getting there. These are really fun and easy to make.

Aaaand..... Yeah im planning to post the other 2 EVA suits when they're done, But for now i can explain a little bit of back stories about the suits

1-The AT-1 Model is my concept of a EVA suit suitable for activity on Mars soil, its legs are made whit durable and flexible materials so you can crouch without damaging the suit and the Helmet has a External camera on top for photographic purposes in the back you hold a Small-sized air purifier, however it will NOT prevent you from getting out off oxygen for long time but it helps to vent fresh air.

The suit also Has shielded arms for preventing injuries during tasks that require the use of big instruments, but its a little hard to move the arm to some orientations due to its rigid form. I would estimate around 10-20Kg Without the extended purifier (It would weight around 5Kg) Its heavy, i know but atleast you would use it on a planet with lower pressure as advantage :D.

Nice explanation. I usually make stuff up on the spot, or after I'm done drawing, so my (pretty lame ATM) space-related drawings are always "empty", if you could call it like that.

Edited by astropapi1
I'm a lazy person.

And here it is the TVS-B Model

kH3uiOa.png

Its name used to be 1P but it was not really descriptive so i changed it to stand for Terrain-Vacuum Suit, It has a camera Gear integrated on top, Legs are flexible and are mainly protected from solar radiation It holds an improved life support system on the suit (Excluding the backpack) Whit an integrated emergency supply of oxygen enough for 4-8 minutes.

This means that during EVA if the backpack suffers some technical problem whit air supply the suit can eject the backpack so the astronaut can return directly to base and get safe. The suit also holds in chest a water supply that can be used to drink.

This suit 9-16 Kg without the primary life support (Weight = 6 Kg) Its a great choice for long EVAs on the Moon.

Awesome! I've been always trying to make humanoid "sprites", but I've always failed at it.

I'll have to stay at vehicles, I guess:

nWVQD4W.png

K1enSRGs.jpg

Click to enlarge

It's an eletric locomotive still in use in Hungary today, serving as the backbone of the state railways (Some of them are more than 50 years old!).

It's made in an "1 m to 35 px" scale, just like the T-72.

Edited by jmiki8

Here i am again but this time im not presenting a single Suit! A few days ago i had a dream were i was walking whit my friends when suddenly my upper front teeth started to hurt (Im saying what i remember and it was weird :P) then i appear on a segment of a space station during EVA and i see this big guy whit the red suit laughing of happiness..... the rest is not relevant but here they are

KASAKE OVS-A

C8eDhbp.png

The OVS-A is a orbital operations suit designed for crew inspections and transfering between spacecrafts during EVA or installing small components on a space station. It wasn't designed to be used on terrain so its not really resistant to environments like the moon, This suit is the only light suit able to control its alignment whit the backpack, it has a internal RCS mechanism as special capability, its weight full weight is 30 Kg (12 Kg from Backpack).

Aaaaaaaand The Mighty Dream suit!

KASAKE-OBRIS

UwKKUUn.png

This is not really a suit, technically its an TVS-B Armor adapter you'll get it because if you look carefully its a TVS-B inside of that darn thing.

The OBRIS is heavy armor designed for Orbital Berthing and Repair Inspections (OBRI, The S stands for Suit), Its mostly used for moving heavy parts whit care on orbit and it could also be used as secondary light Berthing system, however its best used as support engineering tasks. It has integrated a console for controlling the suit RCS on chest, Right Arms Servos (RAS) and the Left Arm Servos (LAS).... and it will display support system info aswell!. Both arms can be disabled whit that console. Both arms are manually controlled whit an dual control pad installed on them, first control is a joystick that controls the entire arm but doesn't rotate secondary servos, and the second controls are wheels that control arm's secondary servos. The OBRIS armos weights 40-80 Kg making it the heaviest of all, It can't be used on the Moon but its probably usable on Phobos or Deimos as recollection armor for retrieving rocks from the surface. This armor would require an intensive training to be enable to use, as it's controls are quite hard to remember on both arms.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.